TF DOTM Movie Reviews...

Nguyen_Dragon

Am I the only one who was surprised and saddened by Ironhide's death? (It didn't help that he disintegrated, dashing any hopes of a resurrection later on, although I don't get why he disintegrated)

Maybe his spark will find a nice red van to take over and her will talk with a southern drawl :P

Sentinel Prime's "needs of the many.." line made me chuckle. I don't think anyone else in the audience got it.

Nope, no one got it at the theater I was in. Before their time I guess.

My brother and I laughed at that one too. The rest of the audience was clueless.

In the Bayverse

1. Prime is unsure if he can beat Megs and Sam saves the day

2. Prime dies and needs Sam to help him out and then needs Jetfire's body and energy to help save the day

3. Prime gets beat up by Sentinel Prime, loses an arm and needs Megatron to help win.

Don't cha just love the Bayverse Prime? Who would want the Prime from the 86 movie where he was always larger or at least the same size as Megs, you know the Prime that Megs could never really beat in a direct fight, a Prime who stomped through the Decepticon elite ranks and still whooped on Megs.

The Wreckers and every other bot, why can't we just get REGULARLY known Transformers, seriously every new addition was some nameless and faceless bot. Who are the Wreckers, who was that old Autobot?

The Wreckers are quite popular in the fandom; they're from the comic. I believe the old bot was supposed to be wheeljack.

I would say this film was better than rotf, but overall not as good as the first. This film had the best action scenes, but almost everything else was a cluttered, nonsensical mess. Shockwave and soundwave looked great, but this film, even more than the other two, seemed like a story about humans w/ robots as side characters. I'm betting we'll get a reboot so hopefully the next batch of films will be better; not holding my breath, though.

This movie really is an anomoly. People either really like it or really hate it. I don't think I've seen a movie with such polar opposite reviews. From actual movie critics to fans on this very board, it's pretty much 50/50. It is what it is, I guess.

The Wreckers are quite popular. The Last Stand of the Wreckers being pretty awesome helps.

And two of the character's names were around in the G1 days:

http://www.tfu.info/.../roadbuster.htm

http://www.tfu.info/...pin/topspin.htm

I don't recall their names being mentioned but I am aware of those bots whose links you posted. I just remember them being only referred to as The Wreckers. Either way they didn't look like the bots they were supposed to be so that doesn't help. Shockwave and Soundwave were terrible, they were inert and contributed nothing really.

This movie really is an anomoly. People either really like it or really hate it. I don't think I've seen a movie with such polar opposite reviews. From actual movie critics to fans on this very board, it's pretty much 50/50. It is what it is, I guess.

For everyone who liked this movie, it won't stand the test of time. It is choppy, boring, and Prime as always is incapable to fight his own fight. Wait a cool year from now after the DVD is released I am sure the tide will be different.

• Like 1

I didn't really post Twin Twist and Roadbuster's Ttu.info pages for your benefit superpowers.. I was pretty sure you were aware of them. I posted it for anyone who may be reading this thread and didn't remember them.

I didn't really post Twin Twist and Roadbuster's Ttu.info pages for your benefit superpowers.. I was pretty sure you were aware of them. I posted it for anyone who may be reading this thread and didn't remember them.

Ummm........ok, I am aware of who those characters were but I didn't know they were in the movie.

Also that dude is credited as both Que and Wheeljack, such a waste.

I REALLY enjoyed it but it was by no means a great movie. I loved the nod to the Wreckers. I loved that Ironhide and Wheeljack died. Sure it was alittle sad but that stuff has to happen. I loved Sentinal Prime changing sides. I said that to myself prior but didnt really thing they would do that.

Makayla is way hotter.

It sucked that Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Shockwave all died.

I hated the unbelievablity of the humans is the falling skyscraper. I bet people in 9-11 had no clue it was that easy to survive a falling building.

They said 9 autobots being exiled but there was 11. Cant figure out who the red autobot spotscar was.

Prime, Ratchet, bumblebee, redsportscar, wheeljack, sideswipe, wheelie, brains, and the 3 wreckers.

I REALLY enjoyed it but it was by no means a great movie. I loved the nod to the Wreckers. I loved that Ironhide and Wheeljack died. Sure it was alittle sad but that stuff has to happen. I loved Sentinal Prime changing sides. I said that to myself prior but didnt really thing they would do that.

Makayla is way hotter.

It sucked that Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Shockwave all died.

I hated the unbelievablity of the humans is the falling skyscraper. I bet people in 9-11 had no clue it was that easy to survive a falling building.

They said 9 autobots being exiled but there was 11. Cant figure out who the red autobot spotscar was.

Prime, Ratchet, bumblebee, redsportscar, wheeljack, sideswipe, wheelie, brains, and the 3 wreckers.

I think that was Mirage...

Bay reused footage from another movie called The Island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H7kcqB3thJM#at=38

I guess times are tough... He probably figured no one remember that crappy movie he directed so he recycled... LOL

ok so i have to say after seeing it i was happy it was better then the other 2 but very let down at the same time as it was the last one. there was not enough nest autobot time vs sam and his new GF. who cares if sam is tiring to find a job or not. i did like the twist of sental prime even though he should be true to his G1 as most of them have been.

at least they dropped alot of the sex jokes to bad the twins where not in it as they could of been fodder instead of the 2 they killed. shockwave was awsome!!!!!!!! also they could of had more named and time for the Decepticons over all not bad. i saw go see it. also where was the bulid up to SP going bad we had no bulid up to the bots just sam agin. i would of liked to know more about the bots then what they gave us.

now that megs is dead is it time for Galvatron & Unicron to come in to play if they do make a 4th. if they do drop sam and focus on nest and the bots let a real war happen!!!!!!!!!! its TF not the life of sam lol also you have the head masters now that would bee cool. get hot rod and magus in the line up and have BB talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i have to say after seeing it i was happy it was better then the other 2 but very let down at the same time as it was the last one. there was not enough nest autobot time vs sam and his new GF. who cares if sam is tiring to find a job or not. i did like the twist of sental prime even though he should be true to his G1 as most of them have been.

at least they dropped alot of the sex jokes to bad the twins where not in it as they could of been fodder instead of the 2 they killed. shockwave was awsome!!!!!!!! also they could of had more named and time for the Decepticons over all not bad. i saw go see it. also where was the bulid up to SP going bad we had no bulid up to the bots just sam agin. i would of liked to know more about the bots then what they gave us.

now that megs is dead is it time for Galvatron & Unicron to come in to play if they do make a 4th. if they do drop sam and focus on nest and the bots let a real war happen!!!!!!!!!! its TF not the life of sam lol also you have the head masters now that would bee cool. get hot rod and magus in the line up and have BB talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking of seeing it but I don't want to continue fueling the nightmare machine(MB)

I had finally been convinced to go see it because I kept hearing how great this one was. Even had plans to go tonight (i'm on a grave after I wake up) but thanks for the posts guys. Sounds like it features a lot of the plot holes etc. I hated about the first film. Sadly i actually liked the 2nd film a little better, just because my expectations were so low and I knew what i was going to see. But i have not watched either of them since the first time around and I don't care to again.

The movie was about a 6 out of 10, About 1 hour too long, too much 3d for one day.Overall pretty decent. I see prime using pieces of SP to rebuild himself, I also see the humans gathering all the dead decepticons and shooting thier bodies into outer space where Unicron finds them, and we enter galvatron, cyclonus and the sweeps. What about all the decepiticons around the world that were'nt in chicago. Autobots need more BAD ASS AUTOBOTS, U magnus, prowl, dinobots. The autobots are outnumbered by 10 to 1 so they need help. Make megs more of a badass that doesnt get punked by everyone older than him. Prime and megs should be more equal in power and skill.

So basicly in terms of the Autobot and the Decepticons it a big cast write off.Basicly they all died.Eh,I wasn't a huge fan of the designs of the live action Transformers and felt that Bay focused way to much on the human characters and treated the Transforms as set peices.more power to the people who like the films.They are just not the Transformers I grew up with.

So basicly in terms of the Autobot and the Decepticons it a big cast write off.Basicly they all died.Eh,I wasn't a huge fan of the designs of the live action Transformers and felt that Bay focused way to much on the human characters and treated the Transforms as set peices.more power to the people who like the films.They are just not the Transformers I grew up with.

LOL I went to see Super 8 instead :P

well I'm going to see it on Saturday I'm not expecting much wish my theatre would have gotten Cowboys vs Aliens instead