TF DOTM Movie Reviews...

Nguyen_Dragon

Am I the only one who was surprised and saddened by Ironhide's death? (It didn't help that he disintegrated, dashing any hopes of a resurrection later on, although I don't get why he disintegrated)

I was suprised, I actually thought Sentinel Prime would turn out to be another token good guy. Saddened? No. You see, unfortunately Ironhide had no personality, like all the other TFs, so there was no emotional impact. He disintegrated for the good visual value.

Saw this tonight, I gotta say I dont have the mad-on for bay that some here in the past have displayed, but I will say if you hated rotf, this one really aint gonna change your mind. I will say bay is good at making movies for the masses, and non-TF/casual fans, becuase most of the people in the theater LOVED the movie, including my wife.....they actually started clapping when prime saved sam and laughed at all the comedy bits with sam etc, some even teared up when epps was telling sam to give up, that they had lost....bay knows his audience, I will give him that.

I think your mileage with this movie will depend on two factors, how much you are willing to suspend G1 characterization, and whether you really like the decepticons. If you are heavy into g1, and really like the decepticons, I cant see you liking this one. Also same killo-bots and face/head taking prime..I really dont care for his characterization.

I personally didn't like the frail decepticons, minimal characterization, and too much humans....also 90% of the jokes got a @hmmm@ from to :rolleyes: to me. I didnt care for all the panty shots and such at the beginning either. Certain stuff was just dumb too, like the decepticons taking "prisoners"...wtf? All in all it was C- to me. Better than ROTF, but not by much...

• Like 1

wow you guys are kinda harshed, maybe to me part 2 was such horse $#!t that it made me love this one, yeah other than optimus and bb the nots didn't really talk but i think that's are fault the fans, we complained so much about skids and mudflap that hey i wouldn't let the bots talk no more for fear of backlash either. and about bb being clean in car mode, did you notice his rims were black in car mode, but chrome in bot mode, lol

I love g1 but I'm not the time to bash the movie because the tfs don't look like my toys, I bash it because it was a bad movie. I came to see tf not sam and his gf and some tf sprinkled in. The first hour of the movie was feel sorry for sam time and back story. Hopefully this is the last bay tf and someone that can write and direct a better tf movie will step in.

I enjoyed it.. I've probably seen the first one over 100 times, the second one prob 50ish.. not the whole movie, but most of it(kids like to skip through parts here and there on DVD). I went in expecting what I saw with the first two, and got what I expected... Did the ones that are bashing it, feel the same way with the other ones? If so, what else did you expect, lol??? Michael Bay to all of a sudden, do a 180 and change the way he makes movies and then make the Cybertronian Patient or something????

All in all, it was a fun summer blockbuster for me, and extra special cause we got to visit the set when it was in chicago, even more extra special cause it's something my son and I can bond with, being something from my childhood and now his. I felt bad for him durring certain parts, I could see how sad he was, and in other parts confused... oh, and they changed the ending from the novel which was a surprise for me, in the end of the book, it was all, lets be friends in the end, brother.. but not the movie.. lol.. I liked the movie ending part better, but again, surprised me. I want to see it again, but will prob wait till it's on DVD cause it cost us about $50 for 3 of us.. now I know why we only go to one or two movies a year... :(

One part I found hilarious was where they were disintegrating Chicagoans and they're just about to kill Spike Sam THEN Optimus Shows up and gives his little "You had to think we were dead." speech. HA. Boy, you sure showed them, Optimus! Let a few hundred humans get turned to ash to make your point, you doucher!

That did bother me too, as well as how in one scene BumbleBee Saves Sam and Lennox, and then two scenes later he and the rest of the Autobot's have been captured offscreen.... wtf?

I didnt care for all the panty shots and such at the beginning either...

Ha ha! Did you see it in 3D, because it was basically Victoria Secret model ass right up in your face. As I was watching that, I was thinking 'Do they realize how many five year olds are in the audience?' I know its a PG-13 film, but c'mon they gotta know its marketed towards little kids.

Just thought of another :rolleyes: SPOILER

I was laughing when VS model was looking through the telescope watching Sentinel Prime and Megatron having their little tiff and I was like HAHA WTF is she actually reading their robot lips? Is this a new skill she's aquired? Because based on that scene she later goes and convinces Megatron to be a backstabber at the oppurtune moment.

SPOILERS (I think someone should just put that under the title)

oh btw we all of a sudden have a shuttle that fits all the TF that came from TF2 that was never mentioned, which by the ways how did prime and rachet get to the moon?

I thought that was strange too, not so much that they had a ship, but because I thought the autobots can just come crashing in as protoforms like the first movie.

I was getting annoyed at Megatron being a wuss

Oh right, forgot to mention that too. I was hoping he'd have a little more action, but he was just like a broken horse, ironic since I thought he looked more menacing now than in the last two movies.

One part I found hilarious was where they were disintegrating Chicagoans and they're just about to kill Spike Sam THEN Optimus Shows up and gives his little "You had to think we were dead." speech. HA. Boy, you sure showed them, Optimus! Let a few hundred humans get turned to ash to make your point, you doucher!

Eh....its the second time humans tried to kick the autobots out, let 'em learn their lesson. Besides, after watching the forest battle of the second film, he seems to be capable of being to cold enough to do that.

So they can bring prime back to life and repair themselves after battle except megaton who's missing a quarter of his head and has like an infant left hand?

Decepticon shortage of energon?

yet the yellow Camaro is just in pristine mint condition. When he transforms into 'Bee he looks all dinged up and stuff, but in car mode it was like he just rolled of the line at the factory.

Its been that way since the first movie. I just go with it.

Yeah but in the second one they put megaton together using other robots, and what was up with then little spider things on megaton.....wouldn't megaton switching forms for the third use up more energon and wouldn't repairs be more of a priority? Lol silly robots

I didnt care for all the panty shots and such at the beginning either...

Ha ha! Did you see it in 3D, because it was basically Victoria Secret model ass right up in your face. As I was watching that, I was thinking 'Do they realize how many five year olds are in the audience?' I know its a PG-13 film, but c'mon they gotta know its marketed towards little kids.

Just thought of another :rolleyes: SPOILER

I was laughing when VS model was looking through the telescope watching Sentinel Prime and Megatron having their little tiff and I was like HAHA WTF is she actually reading their robot lips? Is this a new skill she's aquired? Because based on that scene she later goes and convinces Megatron to be a backstabber at the oppurtune moment.

Nah I saw it in 2D with the wife because she hates 3D, my original intent was to see it again in imax 3d by myself...not anymore. Dude, these movies have me feeling like comic book guy. It sucks because I WANT to like the movies, how could I NOT like a movie about one of my favorite hobbies? I also dont hold G1 as some kind of blueprint as to how the movies should be.

The last two movies were just not good movies....I think my main beef is that in neither movie were the decepticons portrayed as any kind of real threat. Also, megatron would have waited for sentinel to kill prime, then kill him...not interrupt. And how does prime repay the guy who saved his life? Ripped his head and spine out...man come on. It just went from flashy kill scene to flashy kill scene...by about the 1:50 point I was yawning and looking at my watch.Maybe I am just becoming jaded or something, I hated battle los angeles too.

I guess I can't say I hated it, just a lot of big, dumb action and if that's what you like then you'll like this. I thought it could have been an hour shorter, easily, by cutting out pointless human characters that have already been mentioned.

I was atually suprised because VS model showed just a smidgen of acting ability...

It's certainly better than the sexond but that's not tough. As far as TF movies go, I'd say I like the first one best. Definately not perfect, but it did have that "wow" factor when you saw guys like Bumblebee and Prime transform for the first time.

While I was watcing this movie, I found myself a lot of times looking forward to the next, Bay-free installment of Transformers. A complete and total reboot would be just fine with me.

Ok this is from the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSDy_hvo4BU&feature=player_embedded

Didn't Micheal Bay tell the girl that there would be action going on in back of her? I mean she looks like an idiot.Explosions going on in the back of you a car flying close to you and you don't look??

I guess that's what qualifies for acting nowadays standing around explosions with a dumb look on your face. what makes me laugh is the fact the NEST operatives are using M4 rifles against giant robots an M4 has trouble shooting through kevlar and steel so naturally they're using them on giant alien robots with self regenerating molecular armor and to add to the stupidity of the film they're actually killing Decepticons with them @hmmm@

I enjoyed it. Bay must really hate Megatron and Starscream and the ending could have used five more minutes to wrap things up but that's it.

Oh I suspect Bay cares as much for Megs and Starscream as he does for any other TF (ie: not too much). Must be nice if you're Hugo Weaving, go in to work for about a half hour, speak your few sentences of dialogue into a microphone, probably get paid a good chunk of money.

I enjoyed it. Bay must really hate Megatron and Starscream and the ending could have used five more minutes to wrap things up but that's it.

Oh I suspect Bay cares as much for Megs and Starscream as he does for any other TF (ie: not too much). Must be nice if you're Hugo Weaving, go in to work for about a half hour, speak your few sentences of dialogue into a microphone, probably get paid a good chunk of money.

Well, and I'm basing this off the G1 animated series, I don't recall Megatron being anyone's b**** (other than when Unicron threatened to shoot him off into space) and I certainly don't recall Starscream being such a suck up to Megatron. Those were blatant.

Seriously, I understand where people are coming from with this movie. It really is utter trash. It wasn't funny at all, everything was forced and it lacked charm. The funniest scene happens when Ken Jeuong is thrown out the window, that had me laughing.

Sam was horrible and had an even worse personality, it was terrible. He was jerky through the whole thing and his screaming is enough to send anyone into a tailspin.

His parents sucked, again extremely forced behavior. They were just one of many pointless plot holes and a huge waste of screen time. Who cares, why were they in the movie.......stupid!!!!

The Sector 7 guy was horrid as well. I actually liked him in the first and second movie, I think he has charm and is funny but what was going on with him in this one. This dude saves the planet twice or at least assists with it and he can't maintain a job with the gov, then his assistant too, what was that all about..........WHY WAS THIS DUDE IN THE MOVIE???.........stupid and more waste of time.

Megatron was pointless in this movie as well, then the robot flies picking at his scar was also silly, seriously robot flies eating at Megs head is what we had.

Starscream was taken out so easily, by Sam no less. So now we have Same beating Megs and Starscream plus bringing Prime back to life, cool...........NOT!!!!

The humans, why do the humans take up soooo much screen time, who cares, they drag the movie down and take away from the character development of the bots.

Speaking of the bots, why do the bots ALWAYS have to represent some type of human ethic group and sterotype? The lamborgini had a super strong Italian accent. WHACK!

The Wreckers and every other bot, why can't we just get REGULARLY known Transformers, seriously every new addition was some nameless and faceless bot. Who are the Wreckers, who was that old Autobot? Transformers has a huge roster of autobots and decepticons with personalities and designs so why go nameless and faceless that people have no connection too. Speaking of which the designs for the bots are worse, who is who, and what is what. Everyone in the Decepticon army looked the same, excuse me but I stand corrected. They either had dreads or the spider faces.

Such a shame because visually and stylistically the movie is great, but that means nothing for how trashy it was

Man, transformers and gi joe have been ruined on the screen.

SPOILERS......

Am I the only one who was surprised and saddened by Ironhide's death? (It didn't help that he disintegrated, dashing any hopes of a resurrection later on, although I don't get why he disintegrated)

Also, when are they going to release the (insert store here) exclusive leader class battle damage final battle Optimus Prime, complete with missing right arm? :-P

yeah, I was saddened I dug Ironhide. I mean why not kill Ratchet he sucks as a doctor. It's been 3 movies and Bumblebee still can't speak.

I actually like the 1st two, (although the 2nd one is rough the forrest scene alone makes the movie) This film however was just a total letdown. I mean I want to see Transformers battle it out not humans and depticons. If I want to see humans fight alien robots I would watch battle Los Angeles.

Optimus rolls up and says "we are going to kill them all", but appearently he meant I will 4 and bumblebee will kill 1 and the other autobots will do nothing, but get captured. Then to stir up the drama I will get caught in wires with my super advanced jetpack and hang there while Sam and the other humans kill all the decepticons.

They tried to make Sam getting to Carly some big emotional part of the film. The problem is we had no connection to her and I could have cared less if she lived or died.

The movie was a big letdown