TF DOTM Movie Reviews...

Nguyen_Dragon

Maybe I'm just a little too easy to please. Or maybe I don't need to see an Oscar Award winning production when it comes to Asgardians, mutants, Green clad space police, or giant $%^#ing alien robots who kick ass and take names. I thought the third movie was fantastic and it had everything I wanted in a summer blockbuster. Action, #$%^ blowing up, an attractive actress to ogle, and just enough plot to get me from #$%^ blowing up in one action packed scene to #$%^ blowing up in the next action packed scene.

The only problem with fanboy properties is people will never be happy. Ever. TF3 was worth the price of admission and I'd go see it again.

I enjoyed it. Any one complaining about incoherent plots (Ebert) obviously wasn't paying enough attention. It is by no means incoherent or hard to follow.

The action scenes still suffer from distinguishing one bot from another, but I found it slightly easier to follow this time around.

The movie was trash. I'm usually pretty easy to please....but damn did this suck...the first like hr of the movie was useless. More stupid human parts, more stupid useless robots. The only humans that should have been in the movie are sam, his gf, military guys, and Patrick Duffy character....everyone else was pointless......Ken Jong really? Wtf he need to be in tf for? This was worse than the second one. Michael bay has a hard on for slow mo scenes too. The story was decent and would have been better if they cut off most of the pointless human parts....which I won't mention any specifics since people haunt watched it yet.

The 2 minibus were annoying as always, and there's even one tf that looks like doc brown from back to the future. Waste of 3 hrs!

Waste of 3 hrs!

Apparently we saw a completely different movie. Heh. Ah, well, this is why it will be nigh impossible to knock any of these types of properties out of the park. We sit completely on opposite ends of the opinion spectrum.

The movie was trash. I'm usually pretty easy to please....but damn did this suck...the first like hr of the movie was useless. More stupid human parts, more stupid useless robots. The only humans that should have been in the movie are sam, his gf, military guys, and Patrick Duffy character....everyone else was pointless......Ken Jong really? Wtf he need to be in tf for? This was worse than the second one. Michael bay has a hard on for slow mo scenes too. The story was decent and would have been better if they cut off most of the pointless human parts....which I won't mention any specifics since people haunt watched it yet.

The 2 minibus were annoying as always, and there's even one tf that looks like doc brown from back to the future. Waste of 3 hrs!

I agree. This movie was awful. I rarely even post on here anymore, but just had to vent. This is coming from a long time Joe and Trans fan.

If you are the type that just like big explosions and special effects, but don't care for the story, emotion, or character development of the movie you will love this. This movie again just like the second one disgraces some of the best and most popular Transformers the same way that Jetfire and Devastator were disgraced in the second one.

The whole Ken Jong thing made no sense, Sector 7 guy still annoying as hell, two small robots annoying as hell, stupid human scenes that were just trying to be funny, the first 30 minutes Sam is screaming at people, and beating up on his stupid car. Soundwave again sucks, The Decepticons being taken out by humans so easily.

SPOILERS below

Oh and I loved Sam's reaction after the shuttle disaster. He just goes on looking for his girlfriend after the Autobots have ben blown to smithereens. Patrick Dempsey as the villain and selling out to the decepticons was so stupid and cliche. How many times have we seen that in movies?

Saw it last night. visually, it was the best movie I've ever seen, but the movie played out slow and a lot of useless scenes and characters. Over all the story was cool, but they could have done way better if they had re-arranged the story a bit, and cut half an hour of the movie

It was pretty awesome though over-all, so many cool scenes and kick ass fights. Im REALLY glad we got to see more vehicle scenes in this one, and car chases, etc.

this might have spoilers so you are warned.....

good: story was decent and could have made a great film, nimoy as sentinel prime, cgi (of course), military scenes, shockwave/laserbeak was cool, the gfs boss did a good part, prime with his trailer

bad: to many jokes (theres a penis joke, between sam's mom and sam, wtf!!), ken jong (pointless), sector 7 guy & butler, wheelie and new minibot, bad editing, the last 30 min of the movie were the best and most the time prime is hanging caught in crane wires....and instead of the deceptions going after him as he hangs helpless they go after sam and tyresse, almost everyone dies.....aren't autobots supposed to be peaceful? at the end megaton tells prime to have a truce and prime cuts his head off and then blast sentinel in the head with the shotgun, not very peaceful. to much slow motion, sam getting in predicaments and screaming like a little girl, oh btw we all of a sudden have a shuttle that fits all the TF that came from TF2 that was never mentioned, which by the ways how did prime and rachet get to the moon?

am i the only that thinks that the science autobot (gives humans the weapons) looked like doc emit brown from back to the future? and when the minibots got in the deception fighter and then landed inside the bigger plane it was going to be sw:episode 1 all over where anakin accidentally blows up the trade federation ship? or that aside from maybe a missle no human weapons should hurt a TF

im sure there are other things that i hated but that is all for now.

oh and i forgot to mention the john malcovich (sp?) role was pointless too

I just got back from seeing it. It was better than the first two. But seeing as how the first two were utter dogshit, it wasn't hard to be better. It was way too long. The 'Bots are distinctive only because they now have product placement on them. So now there is Target-Bot, Lowe's-bot etc. Whether they were given actual names I don't know. Most of the time they're driving around like NasCars with miniguns strapped to the hood. The Decepticons are completely interchangeable. Sentinel Prime's "needs of the many.." line made me chuckle. I don't think anyone else in the audience got it. There was a lot of shake-your-head-that-was-dumb moments, but I won't get into all of them here.(Lecaros named a couple). But its pretty much all the action of the first two combined and then some. So if you're looking for giant Robots fighting this is your film.

TF1 gets a D.

TF:RotF gets an F-

TF:DotM gets a C-

Oh, and PS. The Mission:Impossible Ghost Protocol trailer rocked so much ass, its worth half the admission price all by itself.

From what i'm hearing my desicion to see Green Lantern this weekend looks better and better

Eh. If I had to recommend one over the other, I'd go with Transformers. It may be dumb, but it was never boring. Its like a snowball you roll downhill and it just keeps getting bigger and faster as it goes. GL is like an episode of Saved by the Bell in comparison. Limp.

• Like 2

I saw green Lantern I don't want to spend money on this because of the spoilers I've been reading but I kind of want to see it for the visual effects but my problems with the films are I'm sick of the human characters taking up 90% of the screen time, the dorky humor,terrible acting,making the US military look strong and confident like it's a go army commercial, little to no character developement and ugly transformer designs from the DOTM spoilers what I'm really dissapointed with are Soundwave being a Mercedes,characters being killed of,the damned tentacle monster and Sentinel Prime's betrayal

I saw green Lantern I don't want to spend money on this because of the spoilers I've been reading but I kind of want to see it for the visual effects but my problems with the films are I'm sick of the human characters taking up 90% of the screen time, the dorky humor,terrible acting,making the US military look strong and confident like it's a go army commercial, little to no character developement and ugly transformer designs from the DOTM spoilers what I'm really dissapointed with are Soundwave being a Mercedes,characters being killed of,the damned tentacle monster and Sentinel Prime's betrayal

Don't mistake what I'm about to say as an endorsement of the film because you are correct about a lot of it i.e. too much human screentime, zero character development, indiscenible robot characters etc. But IF you are deciding you want to experience this movie at some point, I think experiencing it in the 3D IMAX is the way you should do it. This film is designed to be BIG. And you need to see it big and go all in big. Waiting to see it at home on DVD, you may as well not watch it all. Because all that's left will be all the negatives you mentioned. Of the 3D films I've seen this year (Thor, PotC4, GL and TF3) this is the only one where I felt I got a fun ride worth the extra couple bucks for the ticketprice.

SPOILERS......

I'm one of those that try not to think too hard about what's going on in these types of summer movies and just enjoy the action and SFX, so with that said I enjoyed this movie. I'm also one that doesn't really care much for 3D (Avatar was the only other movie I watched in 3D before this one), probably cuz I just don't feel comfortable watching a movie with those glasses on. But this one makes quite good use of 3D (alot of those "stuff flying toward your face scenes") so I actually thought it was worth watching in 3D.

Am I the only one who was surprised and saddened by Ironhide's death? (It didn't help that he disintegrated, dashing any hopes of a resurrection later on, although I don't get why he disintegrated)

Also, when are they going to release the (insert store here) exclusive leader class battle damage final battle Optimus Prime, complete with missing right arm? :-P

I'm surprise target doesnt already have the NASCAR exclusive since it has the target logo on it. The nascars were called "the wreckers" maybe because nascars get into car wrecks? When I heard the name all I could think of was marvel villains called the wrecking crew.

SPOILERS......

I'm one of those that try not to think too hard about what's going on in these types of summer movies and just enjoy the action and SFX, so with that said I enjoyed this movie. I'm also one that doesn't really care much for 3D (Avatar was the only other movie I watched in 3D before this one), probably cuz I just don't feel comfortable watching a movie with those glasses on. But this one makes quite good use of 3D (alot of those "stuff flying toward your face scenes") so I actually thought it was worth watching in 3D.

Am I the only one who was surprised and saddened by Ironhide's death? (It didn't help that he disintegrated, dashing any hopes of a resurrection later on, although I don't get why he disintegrated)

Also, when are they going to release the (insert store here) exclusive leader class battle damage final battle Optimus Prime, complete with missing right arm? :-P

Spoilers Below

No not surprised at all. Bay pretty much killed off all of the most popular Transformers in this piece of crap movie. I was getting annoyed at Megatron being a wuss and humans tooling the best and most powerful Decepticons.

Spoilers

So they can bring prime back to life and repair themselves after battle except megaton who's missing a quarter of his head and has like an infant left hand?

:rolleyes: SPOILERS

One part I found hilarious was where they were disintegrating Chicagoans and they're just about to kill Spike Sam THEN Optimus Shows up and gives his little "You had to think we were dead." speech. HA. Boy, you sure showed them, Optimus! Let a few hundred humans get turned to ash to make your point, you doucher!

A smaller quibble was when Bumblebee pulls up at the VERY end of the film and Prime is missing his arm and Megatron and everybody is dead and EVERYBODY has just been through this hellish battle to save Earth, yet the yellow Camaro is just in pristine mint condition. When he transforms into 'Bee he looks all dinged up and stuff, but in car mode it was like he just rolled of the line at the factory.

There's more, but those were just a couple of the :rolleyes: moments for me.

One part I found hilarious was where they were disintegrating Chicagoans and they're just about to kill Spike Sam THEN Optimus Shows up and gives his little "You had to think we were dead." speech. HA. Boy, you sure showed them, Optimus! Let a few hundred humans get turned to ash to make your point, you doucher!

LOL, you said it. Great "strategy" there. On par with military guy's decsion to lead the Decepticons into the heart of a populated city to make their final stand in TF1.