RZA and D.J. Cotrona In Negotiations For New 'G.I. Joe' Movie

The Wire

wow... that didn't take long. Gijoe 2 is already officially a joke, just like the first.

Unless you can believe that RZA is Stormy and SNake Eyes' master.... I can't

RZA thought that was a group not a man but still a freaking musician we need actors people what's next having bono as Major Bludd? Jesus H christ this is gonna make Green Lantern look like the Dark Knight @grumpy@

I wonder if the cating choice for Blind Master has anything to do with the director?

when I hear Blind master I think of this guy

Sigh.........The RZA has been in a bunch of respectable movies and has a decent rapper/actor reputation. He did the score to both "Kill Bill" movies, played an undercover cop in "American Gangster" working along side Russell Crowe in many scenes in that movie, had a small part in "Funny People" with Seth Rogan, and was in an independent movie "Coffee and Cigarettes" where him and the GZA from Wu-Tang were alongside Bill Murray. There are worse rappers/actors out there believe me. He's also a HUGE Kung-Fu fan.....and if anyone has ever listened to Wu-Tang you know their songs are loaded with comic book/Transformers/karate movie references. Basically, he's legit.

• Like 1

Sigh.........The RZA has been in a bunch of respectable movies and has a decent rapper/actor reputation. He did the score to both "Kill Bill" movies, played an undercover cop in "American Gangster" working along side Russell Crowe in many scenes in that movie, had a small part in "Funny People" with Seth Rogan, and was in an independent movie "Coffee and Cigarettes" where him and the GZA from Wu-Tang were alongside Bill Murray. There are worse rappers/actors out there believe me. He's also a HUGE Kung-Fu fan.....and if anyone has ever listened to Wu-Tang you know their songs are loaded with comic book/Transformers/karate movie references. Basically, he's legit.

uh... sure... I don't care if he can act or not.. it is still a joke. What happened to the Hard Master and Soft Master? They are creating a new role for him. Snake Eyes' master should be an old ass Japanese man, not some black dude that is probably about the same age. That takes away all of the credibility of Snake Eyes' character.

and it just makes the movie STUPID

This is all Wikipedia has on Blind Master-"Blind Master - A honorary member of the clan, taken in and trained by the Hard Master; later opened a dojo in Denver, Colorado. Jinx, Billy Kessler, Nunchuk and an orphan called Tyrone were his proteges. Murdered by Zartan." Plus he's an african american......we don't have any information other than the name...if Jinx is in this movie it makes sense for him to be in it. You have to consider the sources.......these are early casting reports.......he'll probably be in it for like 10 minutes.

If any one else can come with some serious Blind Master history it would be greatly appreciated.......thats all I've really know about him...and online he's really just tied to Jinx.

This is all Wikipedia has on Blind Master-"Blind Master - A honorary member of the clan, taken in and trained by the Hard Master; later opened a dojo in Denver, Colorado. Jinx, Billy Kessler, Nunchuk and an orphan called Tyrone were his proteges. Murdered by Zartan." Plus he's an african american......we don't have any information other than the name...if Jinx is in this movie it makes sense for him to be in it. You have to consider the sources.......these are early casting reports.......he'll probably be in it for like 10 minutes.

If any one else can come with some serious Blind Master history it would be greatly appreciated.......thats all I've really know about him...and online he's really just tied to Jinx.

yeah, I remember Jinx talking about the "blind master" when she is sparring with Beachhead... and if this character is Jinx's master.. that's fine and dandy... but if they try to make him Snakes' master, then that would be pretty ridiculous

hopefully these reports have the info wrong

Follow this link to the HISSTANK forums and 3 posts down you'll see a pic of Blind Master http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-general-discussion/83205-question-about-blind-masters-apprentice-tyrone.html This link has Blind Masters comic book appearances.

http://www.comicvine...aster/29-12245/

I wonder if he took Michale Jai White(actor who played Spawn before transformation) and Wesley Snipes into consideration.

I could dig Snipes, but Michael Jai White is crap

It's not easy to make an amazing movie, but it's easy to give yourself a chance at a good movie. It's even easier not to screw yourself and have your movie be crap before you even get started. For some reason, Paramount can't keep from screwing up GI Joe.

yeah, I remember Jinx talking about the "blind master" when she is sparring with Beachhead... and if this character is Jinx's master.. that's fine and dandy... but if they try to make him Snakes' master, then that would be pretty ridiculous

We have already seen Se's masters in the flashbacks int he first film. I'm really confused by what your saying, you seem to not know the comics very well, is that true? I thought you at least knew some of the characters that were comic only. Blind master is really important to the ninjas story, i would say this is a move in a right direction. Everyone remembers how badly i blasted ROC but are we even going to give this movie a chance?

thanks for looking into a man's skill before making an automatic judgement. Being a rapper is a performance as well and as more in common with acting (speaking, conveying emotion etc) than being an underwear model. Tatum is still looking to be the worst cast member, because I can have hope for more unkown types. I gave tatum a chance and he wasted it. I may end up hating this movie more than ROC but I think we should all at least give it a chance first, actors alone aren't what makes it, we don't know the story, we haven't seen designs, or a trailer etc. This still has a chance. I've actually seen a lot of encouraging things and have my hopes up.

uh... sure... I don't care if he can act or not.. it is still a joke. What happened to the Hard Master and Soft Master? They are creating a new role for him. Snake Eyes' master should be an old ass Japanese man, not some black dude that is probably about the same age. That takes away all of the credibility of Snake Eyes' character.

Yeah - I hate to break it to you but the Blind Master has been around for some time and played a key role in the comics. That means someone out there is pulling from real sources and not out of their arse. GI Joe Renegades has done more to mix up and confuse the Joe history than these films are so I don't see the hate.

There are other rappers that have become good actors over the years: Ice T, Will Smith, LL Cool J, even Common. I haven't seen anything that RZA has been in, but that doesn't mean he can't play the role.

I've said it before but Channing Tatum was the weakest link in the first film; the main handicap so far is he's coming back for this one.

Yeah - I hate to break it to you but the Blind Master has been around for some time and played a key role in the comics. That means someone out there is pulling from real sources and not out of their arse. GI Joe Renegades has done more to mix up and confuse the Joe history than these films are so I don't see the hate.

There are other rappers that have become good actors over the years: Ice T, Will Smith, LL Cool J, even Common. I haven't seen anything that RZA has been in, but that doesn't mean he can't play the role.

I've said it before but Channing Tatum was the weakest link in the first film; the main handicap so far is he's coming back for this one.

no I am aware of Blind Master. but the original reports said that he was going to be Jinx and SNake Eyes' master. I know he was Jinx's master, but if he was SE's, then that is news to me.

We have already seen Se's masters in the flashbacks int he first film. I'm really confused by what your saying, you seem to not know the comics very well, is that true? I thought you at least knew some of the characters that were comic only. Blind master is really important to the ninjas story, i would say this is a move in a right direction. Everyone remembers how badly i blasted ROC but are we even going to give this movie a chance?

I was referring to the original reports that said Blind Master was going to be Snake Eyes' master in the new movie. I know some of the comics, not all, but I have never been aware that Blind Master is SE, master... I have always thought his were the Hard Master etc

if Blind Master is Snakes' master, please enlighten me... If I am wrong, then I am wrong