Batman: Legacy Edition figures

Wolverine042

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still hate that Batman mold... I know a lot don't but I do. I think he is to buff and I prefer the less bulky classic streamlined blue Bats too. I did order Freeze and Joker from Amazon with free shipping. I am eager to get both!

Draven

Ah, I see they have stamped "adult collector" at the top. That will make us all feel better about paying the high price they will be charging.

This line does look good but I'll probably pass on most of it. I know they're not the "classic" looks but I like my Movie Masters Batman and Joker just fine. Some with Two Face. I'll take a Jim Gordon however.

Superpowers, I remember seeing that pic and being excited as hell. Then we get the same old Retro-Face...

I personally like the face they went with as the pic I posted is too cartoony but I do like that Joker. Maybe he will be on an episode of the Teen Titans and that is where it is from. I think it is very odd that that picture is circulating if it isn't the Joker from the line.

Can someone who owns these post a picture of all of the Legacy figs they own standing next to some DC Universe Classics figures?

I Know the Movie Masters are out of proportion with DCUC and I am really on the fence about them.

The 2 that are too short for sure are the Mr Freeze and the Bruce Wayne but what about the Batman, Twoface, Joker and Commisioner Gordon.

I'm not going to buy them if they are not right. I haven't thought it was fair to not be the same scale as DCUC since the Movie Masters first came out.

Thank you to whomever posts the pics or gives a written review.

I got the mr freeze figure. The original DCSH Mr Freeze had tubes that were removable from the wrist area. Therefore the bag pack and gun were removable. The Batman Legacy figures tubes are glued in and not removable from the wrist. This means that the gun and back pack are not removable because the tubes are also glued to the back pack. The gun tube is also glue to the bag pack. This means that cant display the figure without its accessories.

You could take an exacto knife and remove the tubes, but as its a 16.00 to 20.00 ADULT COLLECTOR figure, you'd think that Mattel would have made the accessories removable.

On a brighter note, the Batman Legacy figure can shoot water out of the gun which is a feature that has been absent since the original 2003 Mattel Batman line.

If this glue issue is just my figure, could someone let me know? I would really rather have the tubes removable.

I got the mr freeze figure. The original DCSH Mr Freeze had tubes that were removable from the wrist area. Therefore the bag pack and gun were removable. The Batman Legacy figures tubes are glued in and not removable from the wrist. This means that the gun and back pack are not removable because the tubes are also glued to the back pack. The gun tube is also glue to the bag pack. This means that cant display the figure without its accessories.

You could take an exacto knife and remove the tubes, but as its a 16.00 to 20.00 ADULT COLLECTOR figure, you'd think that Mattel would have made the accessories removable.

On a brighter note, the Batman Legacy figure can shoot water out of the gun which is a feature that has been absent since the original 2003 Mattel Batman line.

If this glue issue is just my figure, could someone let me know? I would really rather have the tubes removable.

You know, the fact Freeze's gun is locked on seems especially ironic considering its supposed to be based on the Super Powers figure, a figure which didn't even have a gun.

the gun is notattached to the hand it comes out, but its tube is attached to the bag pack and the bag pcak is attached to the body via the tubes that are glued into the hands.

Although I wasn't initially excited about this wave of the line, now that I have them I am. The overall presentation of each figure is a nice change of pace. Although mostly re-paints I dig all three. I look forward to the next wave!

There are ways to removes the tubes without damaging. You probably can soften the glue enough by boiling it and then loosen them up enough to pull them out.

Draven

Nope, already tried it. I actually accidently melted part of the tubes that were hanging over the pot.

I'd like to know if it was just mine or if they were actually made that way.