Mystery Pack #2: DCU Assortment

recidivist

Dropped by MattyCollector and noticed the item going on sale at the end of the month.

Did a search of the forum seeing if anyone noted the 1st Mystery Pack (which i didnt realize they did) but didnt find anything.

Anyone take the gamble? I'm curious how people made out.

What is a mystery pack?

Sorry here's the link to the product and its description:

http://www.mattycoll...uctID.231870000

"Mystery Pack #2: DCU Assortment

$40.00

Maximum order quantity: 999

This mystery pack is themed to DC Universe. Each pack contains three items and the total retail value of the pack is guaranteed to exceed $40. You won't know which products are inside until your pack arrives.

Please note that due to limitations on commercial shipments, this sale is open only to US residents.

Available June 27, 2011, only at MattyCollector.com.

You must be 18 or older to purchase this product."

Why do I get the feeling that this is just a bunch of unwanted overstock they couldn't get rid of any other way? Like all the retailers shipped back thier pegwarming BigBardas and stuff like that and this is just Mattel trying to sexy it up.

Not falling for that.

Pack 1 is Motu, goes on sale at the same time.

Ahh...dont really collect MotU so i didn't notice that. Thought they had done the offer with DCU prior and this was their 2nd time around. Was hoping to get input if it was worth it.

Considering everything on the DCU page is sold out except the John Stewart retro figure, and the JLU/Infinite Heroes stands there really isnt much a mystery.

Seriously though wish they had a list of the leftover stock that will comprise these packs. If there's a chance of getting some of the cooler items i might take a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get 1 Mystery pack (since MOTUC got sold out like in 2 minutes), I noticed that they charged me about $15 for shipping. for a 3 item package that is pretty expensive....if there's a Lobo or Wonder Twins inside then I'm not complaining, but if it's just a bunch of small items such as JLAs or stands then I'm definitely complaining....

I have a feeling it's going to be a mix and match of various DC items from JLU to some old DCUC 2pack or even Retro figures? The whole deal seems shaky to me. Just another way for Mattel to get rid of over stock.

I was able to get 1 Mystery pack (since MOTUC got sold out like in 2 minutes), I noticed that they charged me about $15 for shipping. for a 3 item package that is pretty expensive....if there's a Lobo or Wonder Twins inside then I'm not complaining, but if it's just a bunch of small items such as JLAs or stands then I'm definitely complaining....

Let us know what you get. I considered getting a couple MotU mystery packs as the only MotU figure i have is TrapJaw. Fortunately they sold out too quickly and spared me another line i might try to complete.

should get mine today, I hear that motu peeps are getting a mix of a over-sized fig, a decent normal fig and a weapon's pak, I hope I get lobo and or twins, I did not take in account of the small figs, man I hope to get none of those

got mine today. DC Universe 2 pack Bwanna beast & Animal man, 12 inch superman christopher reeves and DC Infinite heroes Anti Monitor.

pretty good deal for $40...would have been nice if I got the wonder twins instead. but I'm not complaining.

• Like 1

got mine today. DC Universe 2 pack Bwanna beast & Animal man, 12 inch superman christopher reeves and DC Infinite heroes Anti Monitor.

pretty good deal for $40...would have been nice if I got the wonder twins instead. but I'm not complaining.

Nice variety. I would have been happy with that assortment as well.