Early Reviews For GL...

Nguyen_Dragon

Reading some of the reviews, I just have to say, "Uh-ooohh" I was hoping for a good movie, here. If enough TNIers come on and trash the movie completely and beyond all doubt, I MAY wait for DVD, otherwise I'll probably still see it...

Between this, TF3 and Captain America, seems the only one left to hold out hope for is Cap (yes, we've seen no reviews for TF3 yet but pop in a DVD of ROTF for a grim reminder of what may be in store) At least Thor and XMFC were good.

Its not looking good... How they hell are they supposed to do the other heroes if they mess the easier one up?...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/117/1175316p1.html

"but the film is bad enough to possibly kill any hope for ever seeing The Flash or Justice League."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/green_lantern/

You think i'm going to listen to these morons?

Hell there are movies out there they love which I hate .There artsie fartsie rich men who act like this is England back while the colonies still existed

They think they are above this and the fandom

Its not looking good... How they hell are they supposed to do the other heroes if they mess the easier one up?...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/117/1175316p1.html

"but the film is bad enough to possibly kill any hope for ever seeing The Flash or Justice League."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/green_lantern/

Hell there are movies out there they love which I hate .There artsie fartsie rich men who act like this is England back while the colonies still existed

could not agree with u more. I take a dump on the thoughts of these pseudo intellectual, elites. They mostly give bad reviews on comic movies anyways.

I too am disappointed with these reviews. But I too will be going to see this on Friday. I had reservations about this when I first heard about it but I got REALLY excited during the Wondercon panel. I really hope these reviewers are just smug and people go out and support it.

Man, the reviews are weird. It is like the movie is bad but they truly can't identify exactly why, just saying it falls flat and doesn't live up to what it should be. I have always liked movie panned by critics so its a wonder how I will view this film. Trying to check out a midnight show, so we will see, the reviews have shaked my impression though. <BR><BR><BR>What I don't like is that movies today seem to hold back because producers are always looking forward to a sequel. I recently saw Kung Fu Panda and it was horrible and boring unlike the first. Even the kids prefered X men over it. The biggest flaw with Panda 2 was the movie was a setup for another sequel which possibly could of been what GL is made to be. Rather than putting their all into it, they may of held back in too many places in hopes for a second film or possible trilogy. Who knows, its all speculation right now, fans wil decide and word of mouth will either save this film or sink it. Studios think in terms of trilogy's and maybe that is a problem.

i always make up my own mind on a movie before i trash it. critics are fun to read do. still a lot of times it is true what critics say, mostly they are wrong do. in the end everyone loves what he want. the first trailer was bad and i guess that warner just pushed the movie with the new trailers because they knew it is once again a funny movie with special effects like always. it is funny that after so manny years and with the latest batman movies, the studios still dont take superhero movies seriously. they have to dance, to laugh, to make funny jokes and to do everything no one wants to see. yeah well we will see but i guess the first trailer says it all what to expect.

http://movies.ign.co.../1175316p1.html

http://www.rottentom.../green_lantern/

Normally I agree with you, I don't pay attention to pompous jerks critics who think every movie should be an oscar winner, but in this case what worries me is the review from IGN they always held GL in high regard heck they're constantly praising Green Lantern comic books and if one of their reviewers gave it a low score it might be cause for concern. Now I don't care what the critics say I'm still gonna go see it opening weekend but the fact that the movie is getting unfavorable reviews worries me in terms of how this will affect future DC projects I'm still hoping at least the movie is a commercial success.

Normally I agree with you, I don't pay attention to pompous jerks critics who think every movie should be an oscar winner, but in this case what worries me is the review from IGN they always held GL in high regard heck they're constantly praising Green Lantern comic books and if one of their reviewers gave it a low score it might be cause for concern. Now I don't care what the critics say I'm still gonna go see it opening weekend but the fact that the movie is getting unfavorable reviews worries me in terms of how this will affect future DC projects I'm still hoping at least the movie is a commercial success.

I agree... Honestly... There is just too many bad ones to ignore... Remember Transformers ROTF... The fandom defended it only to find out that the director and the main actor even thought it was crap later on... That being said... I will eventually watch it and judge for myself... Plus I am anxiously waiting on opinions by TNI members...

Saying Xmen-The last Stand and Wolverine Origins is better than this?? That is such a low blow

I'll still see it at midnight.

Wolverine Origins? The movie that had "if we shoot him with this adamantium bullet in his already adamantium skull, it will surely induce amnesia" is better than Green Lantern?! I find that hard to believe, no matter how bad.

Side note...as much as Id like to, I just can't do midnight openings anymore. Last one was probably X-Men 2, and when Wolverine stabbed that guy into the fridge and the fanboys orgasmed for minutes in the theatre...never again. That and clapping at movies.

The ABC review was simply plain stupid; the guy clearly doesn't understand the character or the comic.

He dislikes Reynold's Hal Jordan because he's "cocky". So?

He also doesn't give any substantial reasons as to why it's bad, he just doesn't like it.

What a D-bag.

I didn't read the IGN review because it warned of spoilers, but unlike Absolutely Pathetic they actually have knowledge of the character.

It's worth saying again that I believe this is make or break time for live-action DC movies. It's a bad time to be making comic movies to begin with, if GL is an epic fail you can put to bed any thoughts of Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow and the Justice League movies.

That is very true man. Occasionally I will agree with some reviews on rotten tomatoes. But they rate these boring ass art house films so high. Not to mention they love all those political propaganda films from Sean Penn and George Clooney that get released every year.

That is very true man. Occasionally I will agree with some reviews on rotten tomatoes. But they rate these boring ass art house films so high. Not to mention they love all those political propaganda films from Sean Penn and George Clooney that get released every year.

Exactly!

This movie cost THREE HUNDRED MILLION to make!!! It will no doubt have an incredible... maybe even record setting opening weekend, but it's very unlikely that it will make it's budget back in its first week of release domestically. That being the case, word of mouth could very easily make or break this flick.