New G.I.Joe 2 Promo Poster Debuts At Licensing Expo Plus The Director Wants Your Input

The Wire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Chu

I made a mistake and wiki to see who was Jon Chu... His last movie was Justin Bieber Never Say Never...

The only plus is that he grew up with GI Joe... Hopefully he respects the franchise...

agreed let's just hope he keeps it in the same general direction of the first film

I made a mistake and wiki to see who was Jon Chu... His last movie was Justin Bieber Never Say Never...

The only plus is that he grew up with GI Joe... Hopefully he respects the franchise...

agreed let's just hope he keeps it in the same general direction of the first film

I was actually hoping for a reboot...

I think he actually had something to do with the movie "Legion" as well.That wasn't a bad flick.

If part 2 is going to pick up where 1 left off,then expect there to be some kind of COBRA attempt at helping Destro and Cobra Commander break out of those holding cells they were being held in at the end of part 1.I would really like to see a jungle scene and possibly a Jungle Viper or two.

post-37929-0-43783700-1308146063_thumb.jpg

Also G.I.Joe 2 director Jon Chu has been asking fans on Twitter what they want to see in the new movie

Ummm....does anyone see this not working out so well?

It's like asking fans what figures should be in the next wave, you'll get 300 different answers from 300 different people.

Also G.I.Joe 2 director Jon Chu has been asking fans on Twitter what they want to see in the new movie

It's like asking fans what figures should be in the next wave, you'll get 300 different answers from 300 different people.

Most likely its just a PR stunt...

I don't think anybody actually expects to see their suggestions realized ,but it is fun to see what other people think and what ideas they may have.

If part 2 is going to pick up where 1 left off,then expect there to be some kind of COBRA attempt at helping Destro and Cobra Commander break out of those holding cells they were being held in at the end of part 1.I would really like to see a jungle scene and possibly a Jungle Viper or two.

post-37929-0-43783700-1308146063_thumb.jpg

agreed

Did people just #@$#@ because they asked for input? And gave the poster a thumbs down? Why do I suddenly hear the comic book guy in my head..."worst ...movie...ever". Just sit back and hope...if it sucks then it sucks but it still gets the Joe name out there and generates years of toys for us to enjoy...or customize. Sheesh...

Did people just #@$#@ because they asked for input? And gave the poster a thumbs down? Why do I suddenly hear the comic book guy in my head..."worst ...movie...ever". Just sit back and hope...if it sucks then it sucks but it still gets the Joe name out there and generates years of toys for us to enjoy...or customize. Sheesh...

The promo poster is boring. Nothing awe inspiring or fantastic going on in it, so what did you expect? As far as any comments about what fans would HOPE to see or not see and so on....who cares? There will be toys regardless, so I don't see all the angst you're expressing here, about fan gripes and complaints (aka b!tching)? Isn't that par for the course after 10 years of it? ;)

• Like 3

The promo poster is boring. Nothing awe inspiring or fantastic going on in it, so what did you expect? As far as any comments about what fans would HOPE to see or not see and so on....who cares? There will be toys regardless, so I don't see all the angst you're expressing here, about fan gripes and complaints (aka b!tching)? Isn't that par for the course after 10 years of it? ;)

Ah, VH, good to see you didn't go the way of the ARROW.

lol..I thought the same thing. It's a disaster waiting to happen. It might not be the popular thing to say, but I could see the fan's nit-picking having an adverse effect on the movie if taken seriously.

Where'd ARROW go?

• Like 2

Where'd ARROW go?

The one sixth warriors forum. It is a 12 inch action figure forum.

Where'd ARROW go?

There's a whole post about it in General Discussion.

Well the movie is over a year out...so the poster is basically confirmation that the movie IS actually coming. I expect nothing fancy. B!tching? Yes, I ran a forum for years...and they do that. But I just found it odd that a company/director get's whizzed on for asking for input? Damned if ya do; damned if ya dont! And as far as toys go...don't be so sure about Joes ALWAYS being there. We went thru spells in the past and with the HUB in trouble and no renegades...as well as Joes disappearing from the biggest retail chain...it's not a 100% sure bet that the Joes will be there without a strong media tie-in. Just sayin... And for the record...the last Joe movie was horrible...and I am not holding out much hope for the sequel. I can just see the silver lining...

Well the movie is over a year out...so the poster is basically confirmation that the movie IS actually coming. I expect nothing fancy. B!tching? Yes, I ran a forum for years...and they do that. But I just found it odd that a company/director get's whizzed on for asking for input? Damned if ya do; damned if ya dont! And as far as toys go...don't be so sure about Joes ALWAYS being there. We went thru spells in the past and with the HUB in trouble and no renegades...as well as Joes disappearing from the biggest retail chain...it's not a 100% sure bet that the Joes will be there without a strong media tie-in. Just sayin... And for the record...the last Joe movie was horrible...and I am not holding out much hope for the sequel. I can just see the silver lining...

The title of the topic might be confusing I guess? Does the director want our input on the poster, or for the movie itself? Seems BOTH are being answered, whether that was the intentions or not. As far as the poster, like I said (gave "input" to) it's boring, nothing to write home to mom about. As far as any "input" as to what to do with the movie? HOLY CRAP.....that's just baiting for ALL kinds of ideas, suggestions, complaints, hopes, wishes and what have you. You've stated as much yourself, as far as disliking the last movie and having HOPES ("silver lining") for this next one, so isn't that really just what everyone is doing so far, here in this thread? I wouldn't just call it "whizzing on" the Director so much as just giving the requested "input" and, just like having a-holes...we all have plenty of that. ^_^

On the toys, I'm almost totally OUT of the collecting hobby. The high price and low availability of it all, has really turned me off and away from it. I know where there's a WILL, there's a WAY and plenty of networking and online advantages to getting this crap these days, but I've lost my "will". The hunt is part of the fun for me, but only if there's an eventual capture, and I like the shopping aspect to it as well....brick and mortar....walk in, see the target, and grab it up and take it home. The thrill of an instantaneous purchase and satisfaction of a great G.I.Joe hunt and FIND. All that is lost for me. The price alone has me indifferent to the point of thinking "they can blow me!" ;)

• Like 1