Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson In Talks For G.I.Joe: Cobra Strikes

wolverine2281

No no no no no no no ..... I really dislike him in every way.... This could be one thing that kills the movie for me! @loll@

Draven

Yeah, of all the things the first movie did wrong, even if this is disliked, i don't see how it can compare. The guy is a real actor and an action star. It's not like he is an underwear model. using roadblock at all likely means they are returning more to Joes rah roots. I'm curious how they will explain the huge shift in cast? Is Duke assigned to a new squad? I hope we don't see him as a follower again, Duke should lead. It was crazy how it appeared HD was the field leader last time around.

Anyways, back to my point, of all the things that worry me, this isn't one of them. Sure he isn't as dark, but at least he ain't a white guy. Super muscle-bound isn't really realistic for the millitary anyways. For all the crap Predator's recieved for Adrian Brody instead of a Arnold type, it was far more accurate.

Kinda weird even though I like the Rock a lot. Someone somewhere else mentioned that he'd make for a better Torpedo (overlooking his size). THAT i could easily see. Rock is too serious to be making rhymes. I hope he wouldn't do that in the movie. Otherwise good for him.

I think terry crews would make a good roadblock, he has charisma that a MCD roadblock would probably lack. Have any of you seen the pic of him on that fitness magazine? JEEZUZZ!!!!!! @bumblebee@

You beat me to it. I was reading page one where everyone was talking about MCD, and I thought there has to be someone more fitting than that. Instantly, TC came to mind. His role in Expendables was what did it for me. I remember watching that, thinking it would have been cool to have him in the role of Heavy Duty. Roadblock would be even better.

Here are a couple of guys i think would make great Joes!

I could kinda agree with some of those. Not really sold on Statham as Gung Ho. Statham is more of the martial artist, quick moving type. Gung Ho always came across as the straight forward brawler. And Rock n Roll was always more of a grizzled veteran to me. Maybe that was just how I saw him, but if it is more the case, than the guy you have is too much of a baby face. I like the other choices though. Stalker looks a bit young, but could still work. Look what they did with Duke after all.

I could kinda agree with some of those. Not really sold on Statham as Gung Ho. Statham is more of the martial artist, quick moving type. Gung Ho always came across as the straight forward brawler. And Rock n Roll was always more of a grizzled veteran to me. Maybe that was just how I saw him, but if it is more the case, than the guy you have is too much of a baby face. I like the other choices though. Stalker looks a bit young, but could still work. Look what they did with Duke after all.

I figured the guy that i picked to play Stalker would also look great along side a young Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow if they chose to make a "G.I. JOE ORIGINS" type flick.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys it's been confirmed that he will be playing roadblock in the new movie and even gives us a photo of him.

Do you smell what road block is cooking.

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Confirms That He'll Appear In G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes!

The wrestler-turned-actor has confirmed himself that he'll portray Roadblock in the upcoming G.I. Joe sequel, Cobra Strikes. Check it out! About a month or so ago, it was reported that Dwayne Johnson - wrestler-turned-action star who has been featured in films such as Faster and Fast Five - was in talks to play 'Roadblock' in the upcoming G.I. Joe sequel, Cobra Strikes. Now, The Rock has taken to his Twitter account to confirm his involvement with the project, and posts the following...

It's official: Call the Pentagon, get me my big ass gun - Rocks a JOE!

In addition, he posts the following picture (presumably him as Roadblock): <31090L.jpg

G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes hits theaters August 10th, 2012!

Source http://www.comicbook...k/news/?a=40477

I think terry crews would make a good roadblock, he has charisma that a MCD roadblock would probably lack. Have any of you seen the pic of him on that fitness magazine? JEEZUZZ!!!!!! @bumblebee@

You beat me to it. I was reading page one where everyone was talking about MCD, and I thought there has to be someone more fitting than that. Instantly, TC came to mind. His role in Expendables was what did it for me. I remember watching that, thinking it would have been cool to have him in the role of Heavy Duty. Roadblock would be even better.

This is what I thought as soon as I heard that the Rock was cast - Terry Crews rules!

Well it turns out i got the guy's( who i wanted to play Stalker )name wrong,his name is Derek Luke and I guess the guys making the Captain America movie liked him too and cast him for the role of Gabe Jones"Howling Commandos".I saw him in a promo magazine for the C.A. movie and various reports around the net confirm it .Very cool mag!

If Rockblock in the movie looks like he does in the pic, that works for me.

Also -

Oh yea, they could have Rachel Nichols back. (Down here in the sticks, we don't throw somethin' like that away. @hmmm@ )

Made me LOL :D