Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson In Talks For G.I.Joe: Cobra Strikes

wolverine2281

That's kind of awesome & hilarious all in one. :D

They should have Ripcord come back to be played by him and have Marlon Wayans play Roadblock just to screw with everybody :P

no bad wolvie no screwing with people @pow@

okay this may come across as a bit racist but I don't think the Rock is dark enough to be Roadblock

Nothing wrong with wanting a known character to stay true to about 30 years of history.

With his old wrestling name being The Rock, I guess it might be too cheesy to have Dwayne Johnson play Rock n' Roll.

okay this may come across as a bit racist but I don't think the Rock is dark enough to be Roadblock

That was kinda my point. I was just being funny like when people got all huffy puffy when Wayans played ripcord. I didn't think he was light enough LOL

People always have a "race issue" whether it's Michael Clarke Duncan playing Kingpin or Idris Elba playing Heimdall in Thor. Or white guys playing black guys characters. Either way, I don't care. It's all about the movie for me. :)

That was kinda my point. I was just being funny like when people got all huffy puffy when Wayans played ripcord. I didn't think he was light enough LOL

People always have a "race issue" whether it's Michael Clarke Duncan playing Kingpin or Idris Elba playing Heimdall in Thor. Or white guys playing black guys characters. Either way, I don't care. It's all about the movie for me. :)

Michael Clarke Duncan would be cool as Roadblock

Y'know, since they used Heavy Duty in the first one, having Roadblock being played by another musclebound African-American would make the character seem like a carbon copy or some kind of replacement, at least to the uninitiated or uninformed masses. I mean, we all here know Roadblock came first in the mythos, but since Heavy Duty has been established as the gatlin-gun-toting muscle of the team, it only makes sense in my mind to establish Roadblock as a different kind of character and not just an imitation or "Heavy Duty Wannabe". I like it. I think Johnson is the right kind of actor for a G.I. Joe film.

• Like 1

hmmm... I find it odd that Dwayne Johnson would be interested in doing GiJoe, especially since just about all of his films were much better than the first. It would be a pretty big step down for him

I've been a fan of the rock for years and i think he'd make a great roadblock as long as they don't throw in a line like "can you smell what roadblock is cookin".

Y'know, since they used Heavy Duty in the first one, having Roadblock being played by another musclebound African-American would make the character seem like a carbon copy or some kind of replacement, at least to the uninitiated or uninformed masses. I mean, we all here know Roadblock came first in the mythos, but since Heavy Duty has been established as the gatlin-gun-toting muscle of the team, it only makes sense in my mind to establish Roablock as a different kind of character and not just an imitation or "Heavy Duty Wannabe". I like it. I think Johnson is the right kind of actor for a G.I. Joe film.

You are so right, terrible

I like the idea, I want to see RB kick some butt, not a big hug mass of muscle that can barely move... As much as I think MCD would fit the role, I just don't think he could move around as fast. That's just me though. It would be kinda cheesy and funny if he was cooking in the pit and said something about smelling what he was cooking, lol.

I remember reading back when 1 was in the early stages that he was offered a cameo role as "Shipwreck," with the idea being he would have a bigger part in 2.

oh yeah I remember that from before I joined TNI

I like the idea, I want to see RB kick some butt, not a big hug mass of muscle that can barely move... As much as I think MCD would fit the role, I just don't think he could move around as fast. That's just me though. It would be kinda cheesy and funny if he was cooking in the pit and said something about smelling what he was cooking, lol.

Yeah...Roadblock is a chef, after all. (lol) Very cheesy and hilarious...in a Batman and Robin sort of way. (lol) And if he does the line, he has to do that tounge-wagging thing he does: "Can you smellllllll-luh-luh-luh-luh-luh-luh....what the ROCK is COOKING??!!" Oh, and he has to wear a big white chef's hat when he does it while stirring a bowl of something. And then I'll laugh my head off all the way out of the theater. (lol)

Part of me doesn't mind and another part just knows that if he's the biggest name in the movie (aka the draw) that means whatever character he is will be the focus of the movie and I don't like that idea at all. But I'll wait and see how this develops.