DC Universe - Wave 17 and 18 hitting now???

Superpowers1980

Yeah I saw that with wave 18 last night couldn't believe I saw them on e-bay. My work (Toys R Us) just got in two cases of wave 16 on Sat. I was looking up to see when we will be getting any more of DCU today and saw that we had two cases. I ask one of my friend's there to see which one it was send I can't take any stuff out from the back send I'm not a pick up worker and just work on the floor. He came back and told me we had wave 16 in.

This and the Batman Legacy figures have popped up on EBay on the past few days. This seems to happen every year where Mattel and Hasbro pump out everything they announced in the past year right before SDCC.

I was also tempted to buy them as well, but I can wait. Also singles of the Crime Syndicate five pack that came up. Between the waves, the SDCC stuff and the five pack I am going to be spending a ton of money this summer. Mattel does this twice a year, like it was mentioned right before SDCC and at the end of the year.

Just ordered this set from CSC. I saved 5 bucks in difference from BBTS and BBTS is actually closer. I can't wait to get this set. The only downside is that Apache Chief is probably not 12 inches which he should be, does anyone know, I don't recall hearing anything about his height. Apache Chief should of be at least a foot tall.

*EDIT*

Apparently Apache Chief if only 9 inches tall

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-UNIVERSE-CLASSICS-WAVE-18-APACHE-CHIEF-ACTION-FIGURE-/260795334576?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb89cffb0

That is a real disappointment in my book. I really expected more from Mattel on this one, sick of them making figures larger than they should and those shorter than they should. So what my Kilowog is the same height as Apache Chief???? Sucks man, it really sucks. Hasblow produces 12 inch and beyond figures, heck Galactus was 20 and came with an extra figure yet Mattel is crying the blues about making a 12 incher. Seriously?

I was also tempted to buy them as well, but I can wait. Also singles of the Crime Syndicate five pack that came up. Between the waves, the SDCC stuff and the five pack I am going to be spending a ton of money this summer. Mattel does this twice a year, like it was mentioned right before SDCC and at the end of the year.

I'm gonna wait too, but just because I spent my toy money on a bunch of Revoltechs instead :D Theres a whole lot coming out. A lot more than what my toy money can supply it seems.

Just ordered this set from CSC. I saved 5 bucks in difference from BBTS and BBTS is actually closer. I can't wait to get this set. The only downside is that Apache Chief is probably not 12 inches which he should be, does anyone know, I don't recall hearing anything about his height. Apache Chief should of be at least a foot tall.

*EDIT*

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-UNIVERSE-CLASSICS-WAVE-18-APACHE-CHIEF-ACTION-FIGURE-/260795334576?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb89cffb0

That is a real disappointment in my book. I really expected more from Mattel on this one, sick of them making figures larger than they should and those shorter than they should. So what my Kilowog is the same height as Apache Chief???? Sucks man, it really sucks. Hasblow produces 12 inch and beyond figures, heck Galactus was 20 and came with an extra figure yet Mattel is crying the blues about making a 12 incher. Seriously?

I'll spend the 5 bucks. Never boughten anything from CSC, and BBTS has never done me wrong.

I wasnt expecting a huge Chief, but I would've liked him. He has the same build as Atom Smasher, so I was expecting that. But yeah, it does suck. I love my huge Galactus!! And they're coming out with that big Senitel. Only like 16in though :P

I'm gonna wait too, but just because I spent my toy money on a bunch of Revoltechs instead :D Theres a whole lot coming out. A lot more than what my toy money can supply it seems.

*EDIT*

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3cb89cffb0

I'll spend the 5 bucks. Never boughten anything from CSC, and BBTS has never done me wrong.

I wasnt expecting a huge Chief, but I would've liked him. He has the same build as Atom Smasher, so I was expecting that. But yeah, it does suck. I love my huge Galactus!! And they're coming out with that big Senitel. Only like 16in though :P

BBTS has always been good to me too, there was a time when CSC was just significantly cheaper. Both are really good companies, I have a couple fo orders at BBTS right now.

I am so excited about the Sentinel too, I really want that, two of them!!! Hasblow doesn't mind going the measure and making large figures, Mattel acts like its such a big deal.

• Like 1

*EDIT*

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3cb89cffb0

I think Mattel has really jibbed everyone from the get go on their CnC. Granted some are really cool, they also look like they could have been in the wave. Instead of being extra big or really specialthey can up short. I'm still loving my Apocalypse baf from toybiz.

Does this mean Wave 16 is done? I never got a Robin.

I still see wave 16 at Target and TRU.

Yeah my work (Toys R Us) just got there first shippment of wave 16 on Sat. and was just put out yesturday when I ask one of my friends to see what we had send I saw on our store computer that we got two cases upstairs send I am not a pick up worker I can't take things out from the back or upstairs. So he when up there and told me that they where wave 16. So at less some wave 16 are still out. I already have all 16 just need 17 & 18 as well as Star Saphire.

I'm kind of tempted to get another wave 17 figure off the net but I'm also kind of want to get them in stores. I fill I can get them alot more better in stores then I can with Star Shappire which has slip my hands for the 4th time now @cussing@

i get my wave 17 to from bbts. they are great. i think mattel is doing to much or lets say they bring a lot at the same time. wave 17 and 18, crime syndicate 5 pack, batman legacy singles and the 2-packs are also listed for june and sdcc is a month away. i just get wave 17 because i preordered them. i skip wave 18 because i dont realy like this wave. i want joker from legacy but sdcc is around the corner and i have to save. i hope to sell a few things before sdcc.

ordered YL Scarecrow, Legacy Joker, Cpt. Boomerang and Toyman from EE. as usual, its good to know im gettin them, but the thrill of the hunt is diminished by using the internet.

You know what diminishes the thrill of the hunt? It takes 55 dollars to fill my gas tank right now. For those keeping score, that's about half a DCUC wave. It's upwards of 90 degrees outside. The only DCUC at my local Wally-World are the remains of the last Exclusive wave. The only store within 30 miles that consistantly carries DCUC also happens to be in a town with some of the highest sales tax in the state.

Brother, the hunt ain't what it used to be.

I agree the thrill of the hunt has lost its luster.

Hunting was never quite my thing but the times I did as long as I had a buddy with me it was fun. I prefer to know all of what I am getting and when as opposed to hitting 6 or 7 stores and coming away empty handed, that feeling is worse than the high of actually finding the items at the stores.

I have Luthor but need the rest hope they hit the stores soon. My Target is out of DCU for the last month now. I really don't see my Wal-Mart getting these or 18 even though they are sopost to get 18 before anyone else dose. My Wal-Mart is still stuck with the 10 they've had send wave 14 came out. What my has is.

3 Capt. Cold's

2 Firestorm's

2 Tyr's

2 Kamandi's

1 Kid Flash

As for GL wave looks like they got in another wave of GL 2 for the 5th time and still no Star Sapphire and the only one I want to get and still can't fine her.