X-Men First Class Movie,...it is really!

Toysniper

A friend and I just saw the X-men 1st Class and we were both pleasantly surprised at how good the movie was. The Wolverine cameo by Hugh was one of the many high points of the movie. Xavier was quite the ladiesman which I found amusing. Magneto was Magneto of course and to watch him develope as the movie went along was great. Kevin Bacon!? Kevin Bacon?! haha was actually a very good Sabastian!

Movie was amazing

From a staunch DC Fan......................

Warner Bros and DC are in deep trouble, cause this movie was awesome to the friggin end. Marvel is putting their universe up on screen linking all things and making some decent movies. This movie was really, really good.

• Like 1

Warner Bros and DC are in deep trouble, cause this movie was awesome to the friggin end. Marvel is putting their universe up on screen linking all things and making some decent movies. This movie was really, really good.

A bold confession.

I, too, was very impressed with this film. If you told me that it would be in the running for favorite movie of the year, I would not have believed you. The characters felt real, the action was awesome, and I was genuinely moved in some scenes. It also matched up well with the continuity of the other films with a few hiccups (one in particular that happens at the end of Wolverine: Origins, but what made sense about that movie anyways). Saw some movies so far this year that I 'want' to see again before they leave the theater, but this one I 'have' to see again.

How does it not fit with origins?

How does it not fit with origins?

Havent seen XMFC yet but I'm guessing it's because in Wolverine we see a young Emma Frost and old Prof X and in XMFC we see a young Prof X and older Emma Frost...

It doesn't fit because...

SPOILERS

Professor Xavier walks out of the helicopter at the end of Wolverine even though he's paralyzed at the end of First Class. When does Wolverine take place? 90's?

END SPOILERS

A bold confession.

I, too, was very impressed with this film. If you told me that it would be in the running for favorite movie of the year, I would not have believed you. The characters felt real, the action was awesome, and I was genuinely moved in some scenes. It also matched up well with the continuity of the other films with a few hiccups (one in particular that happens at the end of Wolverine: Origins, but what made sense about that movie anyways). Saw some movies so far this year that I 'want' to see again before they leave the theater, but this one I 'have' to see again.

I am always honest......too a fault.........but this movie was awesome from beginning to end. I am happy that I do have some extensive knowledge on the Xmen so I was able to call some things. It just was a great movie. The only thing I wish they had done was to give Havok his white/.blue circle energy blasts instead of the red sonic booms. That is very minor, either way Warner and DC are falling deep behind, sure there have been some upsets in Marvel movies but they are pulling it together, three films this year and two of them are amazing. Again, Warner and DC are in trouble, they couldn't even make a Wonder Woman movie, went to make the TV show and look how that failed. Smallville is done, so even with its success there is nothing to represent DC aside from the cartoons and even then The Avengers cartoon is pretty decent.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see everyone that has commented so far has liked the movie. There's always a grench in the bunch but not this time. This movie was really enjoyable. Emma did kinda bother me a bit though she was pretty but I think they could have found a prettier actress to portray her because she's always drawn so dropdead gorgeous I was expecting a victoria secret model to play her or something. LOL! She was just ok in my book. Poor Darwin huh? I think I almost cried when he got killed. He was trying to save that little slut Angel or whatever her name was haha.

Darwin will be back just like how survived the first time in deadly genesis storyline

I guess that can be seen as a difference in storyline but Emma is known for having plastic surgery and other stuff to stay young. As for prox standing in origins it can be that was an just an image of himself he was projecting to cyclops. If you see the scene he never talks to any of them even when they are standing in front of each other he does it all telapathically. Idk just saying lol

Hate to throw a wet blanket on things but the end of Origins isn't the only thing that didn't match up. The begining of XM3 where old Prof X (standing up again) and old Magneto go together to recruit young Jean Grey.....yeah.

I'll overlook it.

I thought Emma Frost was hot enough, the actress wasn't amazing but she served her purpose.

I really liked the Mystique character. Made me go and dig out my X-Men movie Mystique.

I think January jones did a good job as Emma but I don't like her look, I don't think she's pretty or hot. Someone curvier would have been nice. As for x3 best we just forget bout that one lol. Yeah girl as mystique did a good job, gf said she had been nominated for Oscar. It was cool when she morphed to Rebecca romain when magneto said he wanted someone older.

I may be the only one who like X3 better than X1 and X2 -- I actually dislike X2 the most out of all the movies.

Saw the movie again last night and it was really good, the crowds all laughed at the same time, I just love how the President says Cuber, they hammed it up right there. Good and enjoyable movie from start to finish, I love how they tied in Magneto talking about men who just followed orders. Also it was cool to see him in the red outfit, it wasn't the best looking one, but it was a start to see Mag's in a semi similar outfit to the comics. If they continue on this path, I wonder if they will use the 70's as a timeline or find some way to reduce the aging in Prof X and Mag.

Also I am not familiar with the red guy, I guess its clear that he and Mistique make Nightcrawler?.

Also I am not familiar with the red guy, I guess its clear that he and Mistique make Nightcrawler?.

Azazeal is, in fact, the father of Nightcrawler (at least in the comics), but hasn't even been a character for a decade. The same with Darwin and Angel. That was probably my biggest complaint - the use of very new characters. But aside from that, I thought the movie was brilliant.

And spoilers....

The Wolverine cameo made me bust out laughing. Too good!

(really shouldn't have some of those spoilers!)

The in-laws are in town this week but it looks like i'll be eating crow and going to watch it next week. I hear nothing but good things, which shocks me because the premise sounds all wrong. Why these x-men? Why not at least include Jean? If it is going to conflict with continuity why not just start over with a clean slate? why no merch? (that last one is probably about this not being a disney run marvel movie) I'm not a grinch though, don't worry. I can't wait to see it now, cause I want to see how this plays out.

(really shouldn't have some of those spoilers!)

The in-laws are in town this week but it looks like i'll be eating crow and going to watch it next week. I hear nothing but good things, which shocks me because the premise sounds all wrong. Why these x-men? Why not at least include Jean? If it is going to conflict with continuity why not just start over with a clean slate? why no merch? (that last one is probably about this not being a disney run marvel movie) I'm not a grinch though, don't worry. I can't wait to see it now, cause I want to see how this plays out.

Hey well ya know how every beginning has a beginning lesser known? This movie should really be called Homeroom before first class haha. I bet if they do a second one it'll be about the characters we are familiar with and associate with "The First Class". Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Ice Man, Beast, and Angel. They have to get settled into the mansion and Charles has to build his own Cerebro and get the The School for the Gifted rolling.

Rumors are that the weekend gross was lackluster compared to other X-Men movies. For some reason this one doesn't have the buzz it should.........hmmmm, happy or not.

For all the people who went, did everyone in your theatre laugh when Charles asks Magneto to move the dish and Mag's put his hands in the air. It made 56 million which is considered light because the others made 80 million during the weekend. I really hope we get a drop down second one.

Rumors are that the weekend gross was lackluster compared to other X-Men movies. For some reason this one doesn't have the buzz it should.........hmmmm, happy or not.

For all the people who went, did everyone in your theatre laugh when Charles asks Magneto to move the dish and Mag's put his hands in the air. It made 56 million which is considered light because the others made 80 million during the weekend. I really hope we get a drop down second one.

Its going to take some time for Fox to earn our trust again... People like me took the wait until DVD/Blu-ray approach... I wasnt about to go out of my way to watch a film based upon their track record... I didnt want to be fooled again... I paid for Wolverine...

i think people that are stuck on the its not like the comics mentality need to get past it and just enjoy the movie.....it was a real good movie and had some good comic history as well as made up some of its own.

It was a very good movie, its just not a good Xmen movie imo. I will enjoy it for what it is! But its way messed up, not just comic wise but like many have said it does not even fit in with what Fox has done! That is my biggest nit pick! At least keep it in line with your own work! @loll@ I like Emma much much more than I thought i would.

Draven