The Third Party Toys Thread

Wheeljack35

http://tformers.com/transformers-new-uranos-sr-71-blackbird/18574/news.html

I think its looking great so far & I may have to shell out for them :S but yes I do agree about the chest armor becoming a robot being dumb ... I would have liked it better if they had just simply done the following

1 give it a jet mode sure just make it more like a drone like roller... no need to transform ...

2 & ... OR give it a shield mode option as well for silverbolt when they are not combined it transforms into a shield for him ...

3 both of the above ... really that would be a good advantage having a drone that could fly about & watch your back in robot mode or be a shield for combat

Does anyone know how well this stuff sells out ... I am just wondering if I can get like ... just silverbolt & a couple of the jets & get the rest latter lol

I think its looking great so far & I may have to shell out for them :S but yes I do agree about the chest armor becoming a robot being dumb ... I would have liked it better if they had just simply done the following

1 give it a jet mode sure just make it more like a drone like roller... no need to transform ...

2 & ... OR give it a shield mode option as well for silverbolt when they are not combined it transforms into a shield for him ...

3 both of the above ... really that would be a good advantage having a drone that could fly about & watch your back in robot mode or be a shield for combat

Does anyone know how well this stuff sells out ... I am just wondering if I can get like ... just silverbolt & a couple of the jets & get the rest latter lol

either that or make it a gun or sword like pirranaking, and they sell quick and go for a lil over the retail price on the secondary market i picked up herc for 500shipped off ebay which was 100 bucks off but i got lucky when i found him and he was used

Hercules is still widely available if that gives you an indication. You shouldn't have any trouble picking up the rest at a later date.

"Silverbolt" looks AMAZING.

looks badass for sure

either that or make it a gun or sword like pirranaking, and they sell quick and go for a lil over the retail price on the secondary market i picked up herc for 500shipped off ebay which was 100 bucks off but i got lucky when i found him and he was used

He already has a gun so to me the chest armor being used as a shield makes more sense since its already used as armor :) If I was the armor that turned into a robot I think I'd run the #$## away knowing that I'd be taking the full force of the damage 80% of the time lol

has anyone ever done a good cartoon styled jetfire yet ?.. Seems like something 3rd party groups would be all over... I'd love a jetfire with a cartoon accurate head as well honestly

come to think of it, no. that would make for an awesome 3rd party figure!

that would be awesome, everybody else has been done so that would be a nice change of pace.

looks like those starcats that were never released are showing back up in rumor mill artwork, g1 inspired repaints(is it a repaint if its not been released in any color) of defensor and grimlock, slag and sludge

Def liking that xovergen trailerforce(pmop) i might need to put that on my want list

aother one that would be super cool (and needed) would be Omega Supreme. give him some of that 3rd party revamping of his G1 look and we are golden! other than Mirage, OS would be my ideal 3rd party takeover.

seems BBTS has preordrs up for Assulter now.....but also City Commander(universe/generations ultra magnus) and shadow commander the repaint of the previous mentioned, which is cool because city commander goes for a boatload of money on ebay also of note RBK has ko Shadow Syther and ko Protector armor.....shadow scyther is expensive on the secondary market and the ko black rodimus is $75-100 so if you missed the real nows kinda your chance

If their previous work is any indication, though I don't like the 6th Aerialbot, I think it might make not-Superion look totally badass. They've done so much for the advancement of 3rd Party Transformers that i will give them the benefit of the doubt. To be honest, my wife would never let me spend so much money anyway, even if it was for 6 bots

I have a few of the third party KO sets, the Optimus deco of the City Commander set (DIA Commander), the Battle Tanker and I just got my KO of the Protector armor.

Of the three, I'd say that Battle Tanker and Protector are very good, probably about 90 - 95% quality, the Protector one is particularly nice, and doesn't seem to lack any of the features of the original, plus it comes with a red version of the Shadow Scythe. Nice piece, I got mine from a site called Toymoda.com for a decent price. I already had Classics Rodimus, it goes well with him.

Battle Tanker is also really good - there are some photos online that show the KO with a messed-up face, but mine looks just like the original. The set I got came with all of the pieces including the Drift sword. There are only subtle differences in the colors and details, and it fits onto Classics G2 Optimus nicely.

The DIA Commander is a nice piece, comes with an Energon Briefcase and the missile launchers, but it has some fit issues on the shoulder pieces. Not bad as a display piece, but you may have to do a little work on this one.

I'm looking forward to the KO version of the green Giant. If it keeps up the high quality of the Protector and Battle Tanker sets, it should be very good.

Tim

"toy geek"

I have a few of the third party KO sets, the Optimus deco of the City Commander set (DIA Commander), the Battle Tanker and I just got my KO of the Protector armor.

Of the three, I'd say that Battle Tanker and Protector are very good, probably about 90 - 95% quality, the Protector one is particularly nice, and doesn't seem to lack any of the features of the original, plus it comes with a red version of the Shadow Scythe. Nice piece, I got mine from a site called Toymoda.com for a decent price. I already had Classics Rodimus, it goes well with him.

Battle Tanker is also really good - there are some photos online that show the KO with a messed-up face, but mine looks just like the original. The set I got came with all of the pieces including the Drift sword. There are only subtle differences in the colors and details, and it fits onto Classics G2 Optimus nicely.

The DIA Commander is a nice piece, comes with an Energon Briefcase and the missile launchers, but it has some fit issues on the shoulder pieces. Not bad as a display piece, but you may have to do a little work on this one.

I'm looking forward to the KO version of the green Giant. If it keeps up the high quality of the Protector and Battle Tanker sets, it should be very good.

Tim

"toy geek"

I may get that protector KO just because of the scythe, and your review, also of note it seems there's a FOC ultra magnus armor up being released by mgs toys, and shatterglass herc looks pretty awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Maketoys "Mobine" is being released several ways. The first half is being released in two color schemes in December:

Jungle (clearly meant for Heavyread) http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10008&mode=retail

Marine (seems meant for Undertow) http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10009&mode=retail

My feeling is that after the second half is released, they will follow the same route they did with Giant and release a boxset in the Fallen colors... I kind of want them all.

Hercules is still widely available if that gives you an indication. You shouldn't have any trouble picking up the rest at a later date.

"Silverbolt" looks AMAZING.

Now if only the ladies thought that of me.

Tim

"toy geek"

I may get that protector KO just because of the scythe, and your review, also of note it seems there's a FOC ultra magnus armor up being released by mgs toys, and shatterglass herc looks pretty awesome

I just can't get behind ordering knockoff versions of 3rd party stuff. These companies don't have HasTaks deep pockets so if they start losing money because of knockoffs or have people questioning their stuff because of knockoff saturation it may result in these companies getting out of the business.

I don't have many 3rd party items, but for the most part the ones I do have are ones that put HasTak stuff to shame.

Tim

"toy geek"

I just can't get behind ordering knockoff versions of 3rd party stuff. These companies don't have HasTaks deep pockets so if they start losing money because of knockoffs or have people questioning their stuff because of knockoff saturation it may result in these companies getting out of the business.

I don't have many 3rd party items, but for the most part the ones I do have are ones that put HasTak stuff to shame.

i can simply because they release a very small limited amount and everybody doesn't get a chance to get them

Looks like Maketoys "Mobine" is being released several ways. The first half is being released in two color schemes in December:

Jungle (clearly meant for Heavyread) http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10008&mode=retail

Marine (seems meant for Undertow) http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MKT10009&mode=retail

My feeling is that after the second half is released, they will follow the same route they did with Giant and release a boxset in the Fallen colors... I kind of want them all.

i just want the mobine/fallen ver.

Tim

"toy geek"

are they really KOs though when they are all new molds ?.. I understand the ones that just out right rip off the old g1 molds but a lot of this stuff is new! IMO hasbro/takara whoever needs to take this all as a sign & start making some quality #$## that people want :) combiners that actually combine ect

oh also incase anyone has missed it

http://tformers.com/transformers-maketoys-mb01-c-paladin-chaos/18829/news.html Personally not a fan of all that orange

Tim

"toy geek"

are they really KOs though when they are all new molds ?.. I understand the ones that just out right rip off the old g1 molds but a lot of this stuff is new! IMO hasbro/takara whoever needs to take this all as a sign & start making some quality #$## that people want :) combiners that actually combine ect

oh also incase anyone has missed it

http://tformers.com/transformers-maketoys-mb01-c-paladin-chaos/18829/news.html Personally not a fan of all that orange

we're talking about the ko of the 3rd party figures like, the ko protector armor and city commander

and yes the chaos/paladin is the fallen 3rd party figure and i can't wait for that to be released

also cdmw is releasing waist parts for predaking, has anyone got a clear pic or understanding of what exactly its supposed to do?