The Third Party Toys Thread

Wheeljack35

• 2 weeks later...

I am loving the cars for Menasor.

I just love the idea that Transformers are the hottest, sexiest cars on the road or in the concept showroom.

I'm not nuts about Menasor in general but man I love those cars.

I like modern cars and I think it's cool to make them modern cars instead of their G1 old counterparts.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

OMG, he is amazing! man, to have the whole MP set of the dino's would be rad. i would also love a classics scale line of them from 3rd party, similar to the insecticons we got a whle back.

OMG, he is amazing! man, to have the whole MP set of the dino's would be rad. i would also love a classics scale line of them from 3rd party, similar to the insecticons we got a whle back.

They did a good job on Shockwave so I have high hopes for these...

the crazy thing is they're bigger than mp grimy, but the first release is coming with platform shoes for grimy to make him taller ala herman the munster style @pow@

the crazy thing is they're bigger than mp grimy, but the first release is coming with platform shoes for grimy to make him taller ala herman the munster style @pow@

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FTS10003&mode=retail

BBTS has images of the extensions...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FTS10003&mode=retail

BBTS has images of the extensions...

meh, the extensions look ok, but obviously not as good as a propperly sized slag.

I wonder why they didn't just scale it with MP Grimlock...

my guess is they estimated wrong or had a brain fart while laying out the measurements.

They're scaling it with the current MP scale, which is the right move.

so you are saying they are making slag larger than the current MP's in order to be in propper scale since the dino's are generally bigger bots than most regular tf's...right? that would make sense.

Brilliant move on their part.

MP Grimlock is too small now with the new MP10 and above scale, so make the new Dinos at the right size and throw in extensions for Grimlock. The real question is if they will do a whole new Grimlock down the road. I'm psyched to see Swoop as a silhouette in there, because I kinda love that guy, and even more excited to see Skyfire as a silhouette. Skyfire seems unlikely for Takara to make in the MP line, because he'd be so big and expensive for such a b-list character. I always thought Skyfire was cool as hell though, and I think this is the 4th Skyfire being shown by 3rd party companies, but FansToys has that not-Shockwave Quakewave under their belt, and that thing was really well made. So I bet a lot of folks like me will wiat on FansToys version.

I would like to see a fan made skyfire toy that actually looks like the g1 cartoon & not the g1 toy ... that would be something :) I saw another fancompany was doing a swoop but the cost was insane around $400 for one lone toy ...

There is a pretty cool Transformer-related Kickstarter project called Bio-Mechanical Ordnance Gestalts, where you have little mechanical beasts that partsform into weapons. The weapons are designed to fit 5mm peg holes. Note I am not a part of the Kickstarter project; I just think it is a cool idea.

Check out the Kickstarter link and pledge!

PharmV

There is a pretty cool Transformer-related Kickstarter project called Bio-Mechanical Ordnance Gestalts, where you have little mechanical beasts that partsform into weapons. The weapons are designed to fit 5mm peg holes. Note I am not a part of the Kickstarter project; I just think it is a cool idea.

Check out the Kickstarter link and pledge!

PharmV

thats kinda cool.

unless they release a grimy i'm passing on all the dinos, I don't like the extensions and I don't think they went the right way, had they been scaled to grimy i'd be fine but I could care less that grimy is not scaled to mp op if this even makes sense