The Third Party Toys Thread

Wheeljack35

Anyone going to get this?

fanstoys_quakewave_04-700x700.jpg

Or wait for an official MP from Takara/Hasbro.

wow, that shockwave is amazing!!! while i agree with agent adam that the chances are decent that an official MP version may be released, i may end up picking this up anyways. they have a pic of shockwave standing next to the MP style soundwave that never saw the light of day. imagine if the same thing happened to thier shockwave project??? that would suuuuuuck!

I can see it happening :) personally I'd laugh if someone on the takhas side was doing it just out of spite @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ can't beat em join em ... @loll@ @loll@ Personally I don't want any version though unless it lights up & has sound for me that is a must!!!!

I can see it happening :) personally I'd laugh if someone on the takhas side was doing it just out of spite @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ can't beat em join em ... @loll@ @loll@ Personally I don't want any version though unless it lights up & has sound for me that is a must!!!!

that would be funny if hastak annouced mp shockwave just out of spite because i truly believe that's how we got soundwave, but what the 3rd party shouldve done instead of scrapping the idea was do a retool and released blaster you tit for tat

that would be funny if hastak annouced mp shockwave just out of spite because i truly believe that's how we got soundwave, but what the 3rd party shouldve done instead of scrapping the idea was do a retool and released blaster you tit for tat

honestly if they can't legally stop them then the best way is to make them go broke like this :) plus not that they care they gain favor form the fanboys from doing so & actually sell cool product... just saying ....

honestly if they can't legally stop them then the best way is to make them go broke like this :) plus not that they care they gain favor form the fanboys from doing so & actually sell cool product... just saying ....

i whole heartedly agree, ut sadly 3rd party is filling a gap that hastak just isn't giving us.

also unique toys war bison(tantrum) has been shown and seems to be up for preorder, unique toys predaking seems to be coming out pretty quick, seems a figure every couple of weeks is coming out

I think they are trying to beat MMC to the punch. War Hawk seems pretty mediocre based on in hand reviews sadly.

that kinda sucks, i'm gonn pay the ebay over price value for them as i like to see the whole thing together and have them all at once between the voltron sub and doing the yellow giant i just don't have the patience to wait around with one piece here and there

finally picked up a KO City Commander set...gotta make a few mods to get the arm pieces to fit snug, but other than that, spectacular!

how much did you get it for because tfsource and bbts have the restock of the regular with the add-ons for about $130

Im fairly new to the 3rd party world, but i've been a fan of TF's since I was a child. I was pretty reluctant to buy anything 3rd party b/c of the qc horror stories i had read about. But when I first saw the city commander set, I wanted it. I finally got it a few days ago and it is awesome! I collect a ton of different stuff and I had been content with limiting myself to hasbro releases. But I recently decided to refocus my collecting to TF's. Mostly b/c of all the great 3rd party figures and extras I was missing out on. Hasbro and takara really leave drop the ball on lots of oppertunities to do great toys, and the 3rd party market does great to make up for it. Since refocusing my collecting, I have bought quite alot of 3rd party products and the qc issues I was afraid of are not usually an issue at all. However there are sometimes little things that arent quite right. But its very rarely anything that cant be delt with. I went BIG for my first 3rd party purchase and got TFC Hercules. And I was NOT dissapointed! Easily the best TF toy ever imo. The generations line is probly my favorite, so i have been concentrating on filling in the gaps, and my most recent purchase has been the china reissue Bruticus and the add on limbs. I love this thing! The add on pieces really make this figure reach its potential. Im very much looking forward to the new set, not Menasor. The think the two figs look great and cant wait to see not motormaster. Yes they are more expensive than a hasbro or even a takara release. But they are worth it I think. I hope everyone enjoys these 3rd party figs and extras like I do!

finally picked up a KO City Commander set...gotta make a few mods to get the arm pieces to fit snug, but other than that, spectacular!

how much did you get it for because tfsource and bbts have the restock of the regular with the add-ons for about $130

around $45. Still need the add-on set, or maybe find some g1 missile launchers and Im set...and still waaay under the price point of the "real deal". I made the mods following the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-Epzwf_Dc

cheap and easy to do, and totally successful here.

Im happy...my Ultra Magnus is looking boss!

around $45. Still need the add-on set, or maybe find some g1 missile launchers and Im set...and still waaay under the price point of the "real deal". I made the mods following the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-Epzwf_Dc

cheap and easy to do, and totally successful here.

Im happy...my Ultra Magnus is looking boss!

check out robotkingdom, I brought ko add-ons for dark commander there, idk if they still have any left but they had all te colors and they worked great

Soooo glad i decided not to buy it ...

I wouldn't say to bulky simply is the style of TFC just like devy

i dont think it looks that bad.

• 3 weeks later...