The Third Party Toys Thread

Wheeljack35

Right. It's simply that 3rd Party squarely target us and our interests. Hasbro/Takara's answer to this seems to be churning out new Masterpieces. I am quite fine with both.

and 3rd party is doing a good job, we have millions of optimus trailers to choose from, the best ultra magnus ever released, 2 great devastators, an upgrade to make the awesome bruticus, superion, 2 predakings, the stunticons, the ninja insecticons, rodimus prime, arcee as a bike, headmasters, targetmasters, i mean we've gotten almost everything and the great thing is their are so many companies that we don't have to wait for variety bbecause everybody is releasing something different but always cool

so four of the stunticons have been shown and they're $60 a piece, not limb or combiner or motormaster pics yet, but i'm betting the combiner pieces, ie head, feet, hands will be stored in motormaster's trailer, judging by the design menasor should be the size of bruticus and giant

so four of the stunticons have been shown and they're $60 a piece, not limb or combiner or motormaster pics yet, but i'm betting the combiner pieces, ie head, feet, hands will be stored in motormaster's trailer, judging by the design menasor should be the size of bruticus and giant

It's actually been known for awhile that the combiner parts ARE incorporated with "Motormasters" trailer.

img130_1343507406.jpg

It's actually been known for awhile that the combiner parts ARE incorporated with "Motormasters" trailer.

img130_1343507406.jpg

oh i thought this was the computron pic

Crow T Decepticon, sorry to hear that, $60 per figure compared to other combiners mmc, unique toys, tfc at $95 per figure though honestly no 3rd party figure is truly cheap that's as low price as combiners get it except the minibots 6 figure combiner

are they doing computron ?.. Can't wait to see how he looks ... Menasor looks ok so far expect i hate the orange/yellowish color on the one ... i know i know ... g1 homage but it was ugly then & its ugly now :S

They look really good, but $60 per limb means Menasor's going to be a bit beyond my means. Strongly considering that Weirdwolf though.

7Zv6YTH.jpg

Already pre-ordered Car Crash and T-Bone. Wish I could see how the finally product ("Menasor") looks. I've been waiting for a decent version of him and if what we've seen so far with what MakeToys, TFC Toys has given us with Giant and Hercules, and Fans Projects other figures I am willing to take a chance with them.

are they doing computron ?.. Can't wait to see how he looks ... Menasor looks ok so far expect i hate the orange/yellowish color on the one ... i know i know ... g1 homage but it was ugly then & its ugly now :S

Saw somewhere prototypes for Computron and Abonimus. I'll try and find them again

Crow T Decepticon, sorry to hear that, $60 per figure compared to other combiners mmc, unique toys, tfc at $95 per figure though honestly no 3rd party figure is truly cheap that's as low price as combiners get it except the minibots 6 figure combiner

It's cool. Everything you say is true, and I was probably being a little too optimistic, but I was hoping for something a little closer to $50 per limb. Of course, every time I see that group shot, my resolve wavers a little, hehe.

It's cool. Everything you say is true, and I was probably being a little too optimistic, but I was hoping for something a little closer to $50 per limb. Of course, every time I see that group shot, my resolve wavers a little, hehe.

yeah this will all probably be my tax time breakdown lol

has there been any mention of making a new classics style mirage? i know there was the RID version a few years back, but i just wasnt in love with it. i wanted something a little beefier, kinda like what fansproject did with the insecticons.

Do you mean this figure when you are referring to the RID version. This is the classics Mirage. I doubt that they make a second.

http://www.tfu.info/2006/Autobot/ClassicsMirage/mirage.htm

yeah, that's the one i was refering too. you are probably right, but i still would love to see one from one of these third parties. i would soooo love a mirage MP also, but i'm all but certain that would never happen.

Do you mean this figure when you are referring to the RID version. This is the classics Mirage. I doubt that they make a second.

http://www.tfu.info/2006/Autobot/ClassicsMirage/mirage.htm

yeah, that's the one i was refering too. you are probably right, but i still would love to see one from one of these third parties. i would soooo love a mirage MP also, but i'm all but certain that would never happen.

Its possible with the current trend of smaller MPs...

By Maketoys

MCB001-1.jpg

MCB001-2.jpg

cant wait for the KO

^^^^^ comment of the year seems like every maketoys and fansproject gets made into ko

Yup...I dont own a single original. Several KOs here. And YOS Omega is expensive enough for a repaint and new head/hand...def not paying a lot for the add-ons he should have anyway