The Third Party Toys Thread

Wheeljack35

The other thing I'm not sure about is minibots. Hasbro seaspray and powerglide are huge and the make toy versions are the right size but don't fit the current scale of warpath, windcharger, BB, and CJ.

igear says December 31st. You might as well order it from their site, free shipping. http://shop.igeartoys.com/

I agree, for a small order like the Minibots, I'd say order from their website and get the free shipping. It's a good deal. I have read a couple iffy reports about ordering directly from iGear, but I got my Kup heads with no issues.

Ok guys someone help me out. What are the different third party companies and what's available. It appears that devastator is being made by 2 companies and parts for G1 by a third? Anyone got a rundown? Thanks

TFClub is making an extra-large not-Devastator called Hercules.

MakeToys is making a smaller not-Devastator called Giant. They are also releasing a trailer/armor set for Generations G2 Prime, and some Minibots.

And CrazyDevy makes add-on parts for G1 and G2 Devastator to give it added articulation and accuracy.

The aforementioned iGear makes high quality KO MP Seekers, Coneheads, and Convoy; in addition to Minibots and replacement heads and such. I'll be ordering their not-Huffer and not-Seaspray.

FansProject probably have the best reputation among 3rd party manufacturers right now. They're responsible for the popular not-Springer figure called Warbot: Defender & replacement limb figures which greatly improve the Energon combiners. They also produced a trailer/armor set for Classics Rodimus to transform him into not-Rodimus Prime, and more recently have released a set of not-Insecticons.

And then there's Mastermind Creations. They've been focusing on producing figures from the Hearts of Steel comics as part of their Knight Morpher (KM) series, and are currently working on an ambitious not-Sixshot called Hexatron.

Who did I miss?

Ok so make toys devastator is the best for size.

If by best you you mean smaller and wimpier, sure. :)

The thing about MT is that they haven't released anything yet, so quality wise their stuff is an unknown at the moment. I have the first part of Hercules and he is pretty great.

New looks at MakeToys' Giant components. Awesomeness.

XxwFa.jpg

0S8c4.jpg

Bnnwc.jpg

Sources:

http://tformers.com/transformers-first-looks-at-maketoys-giant/16769/news.html

http://www.maketoys.jp/simpleVC_20111114174527.html

Note that the TFormers info might be a bit misleading. Giant WILL be available in green, but only when you buy the giftset version. Second, the price listed - 10,500 yen/$136 - is for each set of 2 (yellow) figures.

----

Drat, Nguyen_Dragon beat me to it. I'll post this anyway since I rehosted the images.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the Heavylabor next to it, that is tall voyager to new MP scale size. Need more pictures!

as soon as Seibertron has more I'll upload them

well i did i broke down and ordered all 7 crazy devy king's power parts for my predaking, guess deployement has it's benefits @smilepunch@ now if only shipping and mail wasn't behind here because of the holidays @grumpy@

The name is apt - you sure gotta be crazy to order their stuff! @smilepunch@

apt? yeah i think deployement makes you crazy, atleast that's what i'll blame it on, i think in stead of leg extenders like everybody is asking for cdmw should do knee joint thighs kinda like devy, today i took the time to put the stickers on pk and only razorclaw and divebomb are enhanced from it

• 2 weeks later...