CUSTOM 30th Anniversary Joe vs Cobra wave 2

gscbr

Nunchuk-JvC-figure.jpgFirefly-JvC-figure.jpg

NUNCHUK vs FIREFLY

My favorite of the two packs from wave 2. both of the original figures were actually well done, even though they didn't quite mimic the illustrations, but the greater appeal of this set is that the character illustrations are fantastic and great ideas for modern updates. The Nunchuk art differs far more from the figure than Firefly -- the pant legs are different plus, the sash on his torso straps, and most importantly the face is just more rugged. Firefly, on the other hand, simply benefits from the update.

Scarlet-JvC-figure.jpgZartan-JvC-figure.jpg

I've always been a big fan of the JvC Zartan design, including the strange armored arms, as well as a fan of the JvC Scarlett.

Stalker-JvC-figure.jpgNeo-Viper-Commander-JvC-fig.jpg

Stalker is a cool design, although kind of plain. But in modern form there is enough to work with to make him stand out. Neo-Viper Commander differs slightly from my Neo-Viper custom.

Dusty-JvC-figure.jpgSand-Viper-JvC-figure.jpg

I know what you are thinking -- Sand Viper was part of wave 6 during Spy Troops. But I had no interest in making the Desert CLAWS, and Beach Head will be coming in wave 3 with Dr. Mindbender so that would leave Sand Viper with no one to be paired with, so it made sense to bump him up and attach him to Dusty. Nothing terribly spectacular about Dusty, but Sand Viper is probably my favorite of all of these.

Love them all, thanks for sharing. There were some amazing designs in that era that really updated Joe into a more modern look. Sand viper is perfection, I really hope Hasbro copies, i loved Desert scorpion as a kid, but this guy totally toped him (the retail version) and yours is the best desert cobra i've ever seen. Did you think about adding little cobra stickers to him?

Yeah these are really great. I liked many of the designs from this line, but not the figures themselves. I wouldn't be at all unhappy if Hasbro did some modern era updates like yours. Very nice.