Anyone Know What Happened to Arrow?

DarthJoe

Dude you are making my point. First I didn't mention you or your comment about pm's, nor was it what I was referring to. You automatically take things out of context and then start ranting as if everyone is against you. Your taking things way to personally and that is what usually gets you in trouble.

JayC? Well, if for once in his life he actually read what I wrote I wouldn't be "nitpicking" him, would I? Our host has made a terrible habit of misinterpreting posts and taking them out of context. Today was no exception.

Dude you are making my point. First I didn't mention you or your comment about pm's, nor was it what I was referring to. You automatically take things out of context and then start ranting as if everyone is against you. Your taking things way to personally and that is what usually gets you in trouble.

JayC? Well, if for once in his life he actually read what I wrote I wouldn't be "nitpicking" him, would I? Our host has made a terrible habit of misinterpreting posts and taking them out of context. Today was no exception.

Let me be clear about something: Just because I think you're a poor administrator doesn't translate into me taking things personally. Please stop trying to translate TNI life into real life because they're not the same and you don't know the first thing about me.

You said this, which was conveniently left out of post #52:

"Those pointing out why they disliked Arrow - You do realize the reasons you list for why Arrow irritated you are many of the same things other people say irate them about you???? So maybe if you don't like it you should think twice before doing it to others."

As stated before I do neither of the things that "irritate" me about the man and if you want to be like CLAM and pretend you weren't just talking to me and Super Powers then feel free to continue that charade.

As for me "taking things personally", which leads to me "getting into trouble," what "trouble" have I gotten into? Getting into arguments with the same people everyone else does? Shutting up trolls like Amron, h3llfish and Xorr? Criticizing you? Please. I may come off as high strung but there are far worse people here than me.

• Like 1

I am always referred ambiguously by people here, they love to comment indirectly. Acknowledging the problems when dealing with Arrow does not equate to being just like him. Acknowledging the wrongs of anyone doesn't automatically make you guilty of their crime. I figure that most people on these boards don't particularly care for me, however the reasons why aren't the same as to why people don't like Arrow. The only similarity is that had and I speak very strongly, other than that, that is it.

CJ you claimed I somehow was addressing you specifically and used your post about the public PM's as the example. You will have to show me where I mentioned you or that instance anywhere in my post???? Also I have know idea what your real life as opposed to TNI life has to do with anything. My only experience with you is here on these boards so if you act differently in real life that's great but to the point of this topic is immaterial.

My original point was more to the fact that some of you have the same problem Arrow has sometimes demonstrated in the past. You take a viewpoint and then refuse to let it go to the point that instead of having a pleasant debate about something you end up with petty 2 year old bickering. When that happens that is what I call taking things way to seriously, and if you think that doesn't apply to you then I must not be referring to you, but if it is something you have been guilty of in the past then maybe you should focus more on your own behaviors and less on others. Just a thought.

Let me be clear about something: Just because I think you're a poor administrator doesn't translate into me taking things personally. Please stop trying to translate TNI life into real life because they're not the same and you don't know the first thing about me.

You said this, which was conveniently left out of post #52:

"Those pointing out why they disliked Arrow - You do realize the reasons you list for why Arrow irritated you are many of the same things other people say irate them about you???? So maybe if you don't like it you should think twice before doing it to others."

As stated before I do neither of the things that "irritate" me about the man and if you want to be like CLAM and pretend you weren't just talking to me and Super Powers then feel free to continue that charade.

As for me "taking things personally", which leads to me "getting into trouble," what "trouble" have I gotten into? Getting into arguments with the same people everyone else does? Shutting up trolls like Amron, h3llfish and Xorr? Criticizing you? Please. I may come off as high strung but there are far worse people here than me.

Tell us whatever you want Jay. Call me paranoid but I sincerely doubt what you and CLAM had to say about the ARROW bashers was directed at people like Doom Saber and Flounnderr. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I know how to read between lines.

And yeah, I've gotten into arguments here at TNI and most of those squabbles were directed at scumbag trolls that you and your crack moderating team refused to deal with. And you know it.

• Like 2

Tell us whatever you want Jay. Call me paranoid but I sincerely doubt what you and CLAM had to say about the ARROW bashers was directed at people like Doom Saber and Flounnderr. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I know how to read between lines.

And yeah, I've gotten into arguments here at TNI and most of those squabbles were directed at scumbag trolls that you and your crack moderating team refused to deal with. And you know it.

I too doubt the quotes were directed to me since I didn't feel as if my comments weren't even bashing Arrow nor I am the type to get into very heated arguements. I can see why people bash him, though that doesn't mean that I am bashing him. Arrow is the guy I go to for personal advice, so I have major respect towards him.

• Like 1

CJ you claimed I somehow was addressing you specifically and used your post about the public PM's as the example. You will have to show me where I mentioned you or that instance anywhere in my post???? Also I have know idea what your real life as opposed to TNI life has to do with anything. My only experience with you is here on these boards so if you act differently in real life that's great but to the point of this topic is immaterial.

My original point was more to the fact that some of you have the same problem Arrow has sometimes demonstrated in the past. You take a viewpoint and then refuse to let it go to the point that instead of having a pleasant debate about something you end up with petty 2 year old bickering. When that happens that is what I call taking things way to seriously, and if you think that doesn't apply to you then I must not be referring to you, but if it is something you have been guilty of in the past then maybe you should focus more on your own behaviors and less on others. Just a thought.

I agree with JayC here. As said earlier, those who tend to have a problem with Arrow, tends to be highly opinionated to the point of not backing out of an debate - they have to have the last comment in. From what I have learned in psychology and through my own personal experience, people tend to see traits of themselves in other people that they cannot see in themselves. Sometimes, these other people have the same traits, sometimes they don't. In these cases, a third party is needed to see if both invididuals do indeed have the same traits or if one person is projecting negative traits he hates about himself into almost everyone he sees.

I can see those here who bashes Arrow are also very passionated and opinionated in their opinion. This causes a problem since the debate stops being about something trivia like Starscream being a higher rank than Shockwave to something to something tot he likes of "I am smarter than you, stupidhead!" arguements.

There is nothing wrong being opinionated and passionate in what you believe in, but sometimes the conversations would get ruined because the debate ends up being a pissing match about superiority. If it does get heated up to the point where you guys are flamming one another, just think to yourself if the energy is worth the trouble and if is not, can you back out of the debate w/o having the last comment in.

JayC's original post was to most of the people here who are opinionated, rather than just one specific person. He was addressing to those who takes debates way too seriously to the point of name calling and feelings getting hurt.

• Like 2

I like Arrow. Hell I like all of you. However some people don't debate or argue well. Thats not a knock on anyone. It's just what it is. Respect the other persons opinion and don't feel like you have to have the last word. Often people feel if they have the last word, they win. When two people get into this type of argument it usually ends with people pissed off at each other.

• Like 4

I liked Arrow, and never really had any kind of problem with him. I will say the last year or so, he seemed alot more coarse than he used to be. Say what you will about him or VH, they have made an impact here on TNI. Not many other people get a "what happened to" thread, and people actually care or respond.

• Like 2

I agree with JayC here. As said earlier, those who tend to have a problem with Arrow, tends to be highly opinionated to the point of not backing out of an debate - they have to have the last comment in. From what I have learned in psychology and through my own personal experience, people tend to see traits of themselves in other people that they cannot see in themselves. Sometimes, these other people have the same traits, sometimes they don't. In these cases, a third party is needed to see if both invididuals do indeed have the same traits or if one person is projecting negative traits he hates about himself into almost everyone he sees.

I can see those here who bashes Arrow are also very passionated and opinionated in their opinion. This causes a problem since the debate stops being about something trivia like Starscream being a higher rank than Shockwave to something to something tot he likes of "I am smarter than you, stupidhead!" arguements.

There is nothing wrong being opinionated and passionate in what you believe in, but sometimes the conversations would get ruined because the debate ends up being a pissing match about superiority. If it does get heated up to the point where you guys are flamming one another, just think to yourself if the energy is worth the trouble and if is not, can you back out of the debate w/o having the last comment in.

JayC's original post was to most of the people here who are opinionated, rather than just one specific person. He was addressing to those who takes debates way too seriously to the point of name calling and feelings getting hurt.

1. Yes. there are people who stood up to his high-minded thoughts that he would impose on people, others backed down.

2. You are obviously referring to my post in the Transformers forum. The escalation of that topic was just the same as the contention with Arrow. People think they can impose their self-importance on others and expect people to conceed. You are taking it out of context, You should really revisit that topic if it has not been deleted and check it out.

• Like 1

so...

This arrow guy, anyone got an e-mail we can check on him with? Sure i disagree with the guy sometimes, but I have a lot of respect for me and consider him a friend on the board. I hope everything is ok and we will see him soon.

so...

This arrow guy, anyone got an e-mail we can check on him with? Sure i disagree with the guy sometimes, but I have a lot of respect for me and consider him a friend on the board. I hope everything is ok and we will see him soon.

I don't have his email, but I can contact him since he posts at a 1/6 forum I go to. He seems okay since the last post I remember checking of his was dated a week ago - the last time I checked was a week ago. Is there anything you want to ask of him?

• Like 1

1. Yes. there are people who stood up to his high-minded thoughts that he would impose on people, others backed down.

2. You are obviously referring to my post in the Transformers forum. The escalation of that topic was just the same as the contention with Arrow. People think they can impose their self-importance on others and expect people to conceed. You are taking it out of context, You should really revisit that topic if it has not been deleted and check it out.

Basically you and another guy, I forgot his name but he is very opinionated, had an argument about Transformers. I don't remember if this was the same topic you guys argued about how Frenzy is colored in the Marvel comic run, but it basically became a pissing match.

I checked the topic again and see no reason on how I have taken things out of context. I admit the "I am smarter than you, stupidhead" quote wasn't said in the topic, but that wasn't intended to be a direct quote, but rather an overall summary of what had happened in the thread. The topic was originally something like Starscream outranking Shockwave, then it became whether or not they fear Starscream to Starscream being 2nd in rank. That is when you and the other guy started to argue and the name calling and the "FAIL!" and "I am not right, enough said" comments began. Basically, you and the other guy started to argue on who is right and who is wrong in Starscream being referred to as 2nd command and if the other decepticons fear Starscream. At one point, you guys tried to play it off as a silly, clean debate. But in reality, that was a cover up since both parties were making subtle remarks to one another on who won the debate. Spystreak's comment says it best "no it's funny because neither of you can stop claiming you won ". All of that is irrelevant since my point was that a thread that simply was about a trivia in TF lore became nothing more than a pissing contest on who is right and who isn't.

That was the point I was trying to make - an innocent debate becomes heated because two people can't just back out and say to themselves "You know what, this isn't worth my time to argue over something that is no longer fun debating about."

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2079645&st=50

I don't have to check the topic again since I knew the argument went from the topic to whatever. Basically you and another guy, I forgot his name but he is very opinionated, had an argument about Transformers. I don't remember if this was the same topic you guys argued about how Frenzy is colored in the Marvel comic run, but it basically became a pissing match.

Yes he brow beat people constantly until they gave up, he tried to do the same thing with me. I made it clear that I was just going the rounds to see how far he would go, yet he like a few others feel the need to validate their lives by having others conceed and say they are right. Your advise buddy Arrow did the same thing. They think they have all the facts and when you counter they talk down to you, blast you personally with their smug self-righteous attitude. You referenced that situation and TOOK it out of context and came at me. You weren't referencing it from what Stovoker did, but rather the fact that I went the distance with him.

• Like 2

Blah...a lot of us who are here on a consistent basis (particularly, anyone who posted regularly in the political and religious threads) like to argue.

People just need to learn to not take it so personally, learn when to back off a bit, and concede that they MIGHT be wrong every once in awhile (I know I have a hard time doing these things as well).

Here's what I recommend...a couple of these:

coors_light_can-3147.jpg

...and a large dose of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI_sv5uswoY&feature=autoplay&list=PL342C52EDC0BE8D4A&index=9&playnext=9

Maybe the Rapture did happen...

Yes, it did happen...it happened the day before Harold Camping predicted...only Randy Savage was saved. :P

• Like 2

Basically you and another guy, I forgot his name but he is very opinionated, had an argument about Transformers. I don't remember if this was the same topic you guys argued about how Frenzy is colored in the Marvel comic run, but it basically became a pissing match.

I checked the topic again and see no reason on how I have taken things out of context. I admit the "I am smarter than you, stupidhead" quote wasn't said in the topic, but that wasn't intended to be a direct quote, but rather an overall summary of what had happened in the thread. The topic was originally something like Starscream outranking Shockwave, then it became whether or not they fear Starscream to Starscream being 2nd in rank. That is when you and the other guy started to argue and the name calling and the "FAIL!" and "I am not right, enough said" comments began. Basically, you and the other guy started to argue on who is right and who is wrong in Starscream being referred to as 2nd command and if the other decepticons fear Starscream. At one point, you guys tried to play it off as a silly, clean debate. But in reality, that was a cover up since both parties were making subtle remarks to one another on who won the debate. Spystreak's comment says it best "no it's funny because neither of you can stop claiming you won ". All of that is irrelevant since my point was that a thread that simply was about a trivia in TF lore became nothing more than a pissing contest on who is right and who isn't.

That was the point I was trying to make - an innocent debate becomes heated because two people can't just back out and say to themselves "You know what, this isn't worth my time to argue over something that is no longer fun debating about."

http://forums.toynew...c=2079645&st=50

First of all, that discussion never truly got heated, you are purposely warping reality to distort the truth in your claim against me. It was a pissing contest, I made it clear I wasn't taking it seriously and anybody who read differently read what they wanted to believe. All those ridiculous claims about being the, "super ultimate mega champion" were not meant to be taken seriously but I guess you took them that way, huh? You really should learn to deal in truth and not desired perception, nothing good can come of it and your argument becomes rotten. The post you are talking about was silly, it was goofy fun and apparently you seem to care more about it than anyone else. Relating that to what Arrow did means nothing because it isn't the same. Relating it to me using some psuedo psychology with claims that what I said about Arrow are only what I truly see in myself only showcases how flawed and addled your reasoning is. I know Arrow and you are butt buddies and that is fine but next time use more sound reasoning when coming at me, also you can reply directly to me and not to go girly way of referencing me.

• Like 1

I think this is usually the point where Arrow would make some clever quip about taking up real estate in people's heads rent-free :D

He definitely has a very blunt manner to his communications, but despite any difference of opinions between us I've never felt like he intended anything to be taken personally and I respect the guy for that much at least. I've noticed that he does seem to like having the last word, but I see it as showing deference to his seniority. But that's just my perspective.

I think most people will remember some of the heated, knock down drag out arguments and p!ssing matches Ken and myself got into, but we both have a lot of things in common (age, interests, G.I.Joe, drawing etc..) and THOSE things helped us to bury the hatchet on the other mindless crap, which most opinion based forums and discussions are. We did some trading and re-focused on our common interests over just focusing on the things we disagreed on.

Despite having been at this Internet stuff for as long as we all have, I think it's still difficult to judge people (entirely)over how they tend to come across, in how they express themselves on here. We tend to read far MORE into things and thus get defensive if we think we're "reading" an insult or attitude in them. I'm terrible about it, as far as coming across poorly and probably why I draw the kind of reaction to myself, when discussing touchy subjects. It's hard to tease and be a smartass around here, even if a lot of it is aimed at myself, because it doesn't translate as well as it does in person.

That being said, there probably ARE people we just wouldn't get along with, no matter what, but that's fine too. We have to learn how to deal with that in real life, away from cyberspace, anyway, so it's the same issue and same resolution, although avoiding unpleasant people here can be more difficult, but I often wonder why people gravitate to these sites, if annoying people are such a bother for them? @haha@

ME? I DO like to argue and I'm very much a BLOWHARD about the things I like to argue about, and of course I think I'm always RIGHT. Do any of us truly go on and on about something if we think we're wrong? Most the stuff that gets the most heated, or things were there's really no right or wrong to begin with, but of preference (or choice) in how to think about something. Politics, religion, social issues, best this or greatest that.....all personal choice, rarely a right or wrong.

I haven't been around as much, because my interest in G.I.Joe has wained (cost, availability) and I've discovered facebook, where arguments about politics and religion are fair game and very active. Other than that, I'm still checking in, and I bet Ken will too? Hope so. :)

• Like 1

Maybe the Rapture did happen...

well I'm not in Hell yet so nope

actually we leave first, then hell breaks loose on earth, then... oh nvm, :)

actually the guy now says it is going to happen in oct. i believe. Crazy!