Anyone Know What Happened to Arrow?

DarthJoe

Arrow's only corrected me a few times nothing to get mad over now being broke when I finally found DOTM Shockwave is something to get mad over

Although some of you didn't like or get along with him, please don't trash the guy now that he's not here, lacks taste if you ask me. How would you feel if you left for a while and then there was a "Where's so-and-so" thread and then people just started jumping on you and trashing you??? Most of the guys here that have said something negative about him, I've noticed have gotten into some heated arguments with some here in one way or another, and could see someone saying something negative about you if you were gone.. would you like that? How would it make you feel and if you came back, would you even want to post here? See? Serioulsy, I feel like I just lectured my 1st grader, lol.. come on guys, you can be better than that.

1. I trashed him when he was here.

2. The opinions of me from Internet people that I don't know have little impact on my feelings.

3. What lacks taste is having a disagreement with someone and talking about it privately just for that same someone to make it public. So does pretending you know everything because you have 20 years on the majority of the TNI members.

Maybe the reason some people say negative things in a "Where's so-and-so" thread is because the person deserves it.

I liked the guy. He did express himself alot which I actually respect. I was very surprised to see that he had been in heated arguments but he is very opinionated and so are alot of us on here. I always thought he was interesting and provided a good intellectual read for the most part.

• Like 1

He still posts at the OSW forums, so I think he is okay

Well, that's good.

I've never seen him inactive for this long before, so I was worried something might have happened.

Although some of you didn't like or get along with him, please don't trash the guy now that he's not here, lacks taste if you ask me. How would you feel if you left for a while and then there was a "Where's so-and-so" thread and then people just started jumping on you and trashing you??? Most of the guys here that have said something negative about him, I've noticed have gotten into some heated arguments with some here in one way or another, and could see someone saying something negative about you if you were gone.. would you like that? How would it make you feel and if you came back, would you even want to post here? See? Serioulsy, I feel like I just lectured my 1st grader, lol.. come on guys, you can be better than that.

Good post!

I hope that when outrageous pricing drives me out of the hobby and I leave message board posting behind, my "What happened to yojoebro?" thread goes on for at least two pages like this one :)

Yeah, that's how I want my TNI legacy measured.

1. Just the fact that someone would do a "Where's Crimson Twins?" post would make me feel like I left some sort of impression.

2. If it reaches two pages or more then I touched a good group of people. Or I just pissed off a bunch of people. One of those has to be true.

But, this will never happen. Even while deployed, I find ways to post on TNI. I'm never gone for more than a week. I just can't stay away. I guess I'm addicted. I move from one forum to the next (I'm more in Wrestling now, where I used to be in G.I. Joe all the time), keeping myself interested enough to keep from leaving.

Back on topic, though, I didn't mind ARROW. I never had any beef. There was even a time when I mentioned that I liked his comments because they were always straight to the point, much like his namesake.

I have to say that personally I had developed a "love/hate" relationship with the man recently. I had considered him a friend here on these boards for several years. But then with the advent of the now-defunct "politics and religion" forum, we often found ourselves at odds with each other, and it got somewhat intense at times. Now I understand that people won't always 100% agree when it comes to such controversial topics, but I felt like his comments bordered on being boorish and rude. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, just don't insult my intelligence by being dismissive and inconsiderate.

I guess I just got my feelings hurt more than anything because I genuinely liked the man. He's a seasoned collector who also happens to be an accomplished and talented animation veteran/illustrator. That's a career I didn't have the guts to pursue despite my own limited artistic talent, so I naturally admired him. I just admire illustrators in general. I love the medium and have always appreciated it, whether it be for comics or animation. And you can't deny his intelligence and insight, although he could be harsh at times...

Maybe I'm just naive, but I felt like our friendship suffered over our disagreements, and I didn't receive the same respect I felt like I had afforded him. And it hurt even moreso since I had done him a small unspoken favor awhile back, and I felt like my kindness was repaid with a degree of vitriol and rancor in our disagreements. I just never brought it up because I tried really hard to forget about it and take the high road, simply chalking it up to passionate reactions to heated debate, although I never got the proper apology I felt like I deserved. I honestly think the man got truly angry with me over some of the ideas and beliefs I presented, and quite honestly I didn't expect that reaction from him. Maybe I said something he found truly offensive or heavy-handed. I didn't mean to offend, if I did. It was not my intention. But he didn't pull any punches, for whatever reason or nerve I touched, and ARROW himself stated in so many words many times over the years that he didn't suck up to people and sugar-coat anything for anybody, period. I can admire that kind of directness, just as long as it's not too cruel or insulting. Sometimes there's a fine line between candor and malevolence. I will say this though; if anything the man has taught me that no matter how well you might think you know someone, especially concerning online relations, you don't really, and no matter what you've done for them, they really don't owe you a thing. It's sad but very true.

Having said all that, I don't wish the man ill will at all. What's past is past. I'm fairly certain ARROW's never lost any sleep over what's been said between us. That's not in his nature. Heck, I've even responded to some of his posts since our falling-out, and vice-versa, and things have seemed amicable between us, although neither of us has ever discussed our disagreements any further. But there have been times I've seen him tear into people on here, and I don't know if he thinks he's doing them a favor by pointing out the so-called folly of their thought process and/or contributions, or if he simply doesn't suffer fools, as it were. At times it almost seems as if he's truly trying to make people understand why they're wrong with simple logic and observation, or even based on his own experience and wisdom. What I do know is that he's an opinionated, strong, and intelligent personality. He can be alot of fun to interact with, and he does bring alot to the table so to speak. A word to the wise though; you'd better do your homework on what your talking about, because he will viciously pick it apart with equal ammounts of attitude, logic, and intelligence. I prefer a little less attitude myself, but hey...this is a public forum, after all. I have to keep reminding myself of that. (lol) I'm also realizing lately that I can be a little too sensitive and tender-hearted as well at times, so maybe I tend to take things to heart when I shouldn't necessarily. I'll own up to that.

So Ken...wherever you are, I want to officially extend the proverbial olive branch by saying I truly hope your doing well, and I look forward to reading your two-cents on the matter and seeing your reaction to all this attention your absence has created. It's got to be an ego booster. (lol)

• Like 1

Maybe I'm just naive, but I felt like our friendship suffered over our disagreements, and I didn't receive the same respect I felt like I had afforded him. And it hurt even moreso since I had done him a small unspoken favor awhile back, and I felt like my kindness was repaid with a degree of vitriol and rancor in our disagreements. I just never brought it up because I tried really hard to forget about it and take the high road, simply chalking it up to passionate reactions to heated debate, although I never got the proper apology I felt like I deserved. I honestly think the man got truly angry with me over some of the ideas and beliefs I presented, and quite honestly I didn't expect that reaction from him. Maybe I said something he found truly offensive or heavy-handed. I didn't mean to offend, if I did. It was not my intention. But he didn't pull any punches, for whatever reason or nerve I touched, and ARROW himself stated in so many words many times over the years that he didn't suck up to people and sugar-coat anything for anybody, period. I can admire that kind of directness, just as long as it's not too cruel or insulting. Sometimes there's a fine line between candor and malevolence. I will say this though; if anything the man has taught me that no matter how well you might think you know someone, especially concerning online relations, you don't really, and no matter what you've done for them, they really don't owe you a thing. It's sad but very true.

C'mon now. I respect you a TON, DB, but seeing you losing faith in people's character over a few disagreements on an internet forum doesn't sit right with me.

Some people are just argumentative for the sake of arguing, myself included, and I've had plenty of go-rounds with Ken, but I never took it personally, and always knew we had more in common than what we disagreed on...and I think that was a mutual feeling. I also took faith in the fact that we could go into another thread and be fine with each other, without the disagreements from other threads spilling over...and the same with other people here.

Heck, I know some of the members on these forums better than I know a few of my current friends, and vice versa. A few of us have gone WAY beyond the "I like GI Joe" or "this is my favorite song" status-quo of internet forums, and have been pretty revealing in who we are as people, and what goes on in our personal lives. I know I have shared some pretty intimate moments in my life here, as have other people, and a lot of those things have come through the conversations over politics and religion...it's bound to stir up some defensive standpoints...things you don't want to concede to another person, no matter how strong their argument is.

One thing for sure, I would have no problem bringing certain people into my house from this forum...just because they've revealed enough about themselves over the years here (regardless of if I agree), and I would know how to approach them and get along with them just fine. People like VH, Clam, Superpowers (I know, this surprises me too :P ), Capt. Wiseman, Arrow, SS49, Tom, a lot of people I'm probably forgetting to mention that aren't here anymore, and YOU.

Actually, of anyone here, you would probably be the first and foremost as far as people I would actually invite into my home, simply because you've always seemed to be the most sincere and the most real. That's why it kind of pisses me off to see you claim that what we say and do for each other here is nothing but a charade...and that none of it can be taken seriously. I've never tried to present myself as anyone other than who I really am here, and take pride in that. I consider many of you my friends, even if I've never met you in person.

Thus the reason for this thread. I've had some pretty intense conversations with Ken, traded toys, and I have gotten to know him very well over the last seven years or so, and if he's gone, he'll be missed by me, if not anyone else.

I was initially worried that it might have been a health issue, but now that that's cleared up, it kind of sucks if he's really gone from here...I've always appreciated his input, and I'll miss it...no matter how abrasive it might have seemed at times.

I have had plenty of dust ups with ARROW over the years. We agree on some things, disagree on others.. and we have had some arguments where I am not sure what the point was.... and heck, even after all these years, I am not sure if the guy likes me at all. He could hate me for all I know... I wouldn't exactly call him my best pal either.. but I do respect him

and I have never once wished that he would stop posting here. I have always appreciated the things he has had to say, no matter what they were, even if I held an entirely different opinion. and I have always felt that he brought something to a discussion. He always had plenty of things to say, strong opinions, and he always had reasons for them. Even if he wrote paragraphs expressing something I can't agree with, you could see that there was substance to it.... which is better than what the vast majority of posters display in an argument/discussion. And I also don't wish people would stop posting just because they argue with me and express different opinions. I actually like it when people have other view points

anyhow... I agree with JoeRhyno... it is pretty sad that some folks feel the need to bash a guy when he isn't even here to defend himself.. and that says a ton about the people doing it and their character.... I don't know how you can say something about ARROW when what you are doing makes you look worse than the things you are accusing him of.

And just notice the people bashing him... not exactly a parade of friendly/popular people... I could say more, but Jay would just get mad at me

anyhow... I agree with JoeRhyno... it is pretty sad that some folks feel the need to bash a guy when he isn't even here to defend himself.. and that says a ton about the people doing it and their character.... I don't know how you can say something about ARROW when what you are doing makes you look worse than the things you are accusing him of.

And just notice the people bashing him... not exactly a parade of friendly/popular people... I could say more, but Jay would just get mad at me

Funny how making the point against something you did the exact same thing........shaking my head. "and just notice the people bashing him"...seriously, you are on the same playing field with that response.

Sure not everyone has the same response but the dude got into a lot of arguments. Seriously just because some like him doesn't mean they can ignore the bickering he caused. In his attempt to constantly be right by all means he lost a lot of integrity. We all have different points in an argument and at some point we eventually have to respect each other. He would argue points where concrete facts didn't determine right or wrong. If a person didn't agree he would basically insult you and attack you personally. I wonder how this is ok for some and not others?

I think people who don't like him have showed him enough goodwill in that yes they admit they didn't like him yet don't wish him any REAL personal harm. I think those who don't like him made it clear that anything outside of posting in these forums people wish him well. Just because some have had a negative experience with him doesn't mean it really is all that deep. If I left I am sure that many more would come out and say bad things, even then I still don't care because I wouldn't believe anyone wanted to see any real personal harm done. In a funny contrast he and I have been at odds and at times against a common foe, though not united. Hope anything outside of just not wanting to post here he is well.

I have to say that personally I had developed a "love-hate" relationship with the man recently. I had considered him a friend here on these boards for several years. But then with the advent of the now-defunct "politics and religion" forum, we often found ourselves at odds with each other, and it got somewhat intense at times. Now I understand that people won't always 100% agree when it comes to such controversial topics, but I felt like his comments bordered on being boorish and rude. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, just don't insult my intelligence by being dismissive and inconsiderate.

I guess I just got my feelings hurt more than anything because I genuinely liked the man. He's a seasoned collector who also happens to be an accomplished and talented animation veteran/illustrator. That's a career I didn't have the guts to pursue despite my own limited artistic talent, so I naturally admired him. I just admire illustrators in general. I love the medium and have always appreciated it, whether it be for comics or animation. And you can't deny his intelligence and insight, although he could be harsh at times...

Having said all that, I don't wish the man ill will at all. What's past is past. I'm fairly certain ARROW's never lost any sleep over what's been said between us. That's not in his nature. Heck, I've even responded to some of his posts since our falling-out, and vice-versa, and things have seemed amicable between us, although neither of us has ever discussed our disagreements any further. But there have been times I've seen him tear into people on here, and I don't know if he thinks he's doing them a favor by pointing out the so-called folly of their thought process and/or contributions, or if he simply doesn't suffer fools, as it were. At times it almost seems as if he's truly trying to make people understand why their wrong with simple logic and observation, or even based on his own experience and wisdom. What I do know is that he's an opinionated, strong, and intelligent personality. He can be alot of fun to interact with, and he does bring alot to the table so to speak. A word to the wise though; you'd better do your homework on what your talking about, because he will viciously pick it apart with equal ammounts of attitude, logic, and intelligence. I prefer a little less attitude myself, but hey...this is a public forum, after all. I have to keep reminding myself of that. (lol) I'm also realizing lately that I can be a little too sensitive and tender-hearted as well at times, so maybe I tend to take things to heart when I shouldn't necessarily. I'll own up to that.

So Ken...wherever you are, I want to officially extend the proverbial olive branch by saying I truly hope your doing well, and I look forward to reading your two-cents on the matter and seeing your reaction to all this attention your absence has created. It's got to be an ego booster. (lol)

Well said

Hmmm interesting thread that brings a lot of food for thought.

- 1) Those pointing out why they disliked Arrow - You do realize the reasons you list for why Arrow irritated you are many of the same things other people say irate them about you???? So maybe if you don't like it you should think twice before doing it to others.

- 2) Those saying it's disrespectful to point out the problems with Arrow - You do realize you started a topic about the guy on a public forum inviting people to come in and basically publically share their opinions on the guy, and just because they are not the same positive opinions you might have, doesn't translate to bashing. In fact for the most part opinions stated on all sides have been stated fairly respectfully, but knowing the type of contraversal guy ARROW can be which you have all clearly seem to agree upon, you had to know if you are going to start a thread in a public forum about him, not all opinions stated are going to be positive ones, so getting upset by it or saying someone is being disrespectful seems a bit extreme, don't you think???

- 3) I hope Arrow will be back at some point, the more varied opinions a community like this has the better and I also hope all of you learn to quit taking things so personally. It's a PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD and I guarantee you are going to encounter people over time here and elsewhere on the net that you don't agree with or even necessarily like, just like in real life. Ignore them, debate them its your choice but unless you are going to cut yourself off from all humanity you are never going to be able to run away from them or change them to be the person you think they should be.

Hmmm interesting thread that brings a lot of food for thought.

- 1) Those pointing out why they disliked Arrow - You do realize the reasons you list for why Arrow irritated you are many of the same things other people say irate them about you???? So maybe if you don't like it you should think twice before doing it to others.

Actually JayC, I have never, NEVER, publicly posted a PM in your forum. Nor do I pretend I'm an all-seeing wise sage. As a matter of fact a lot of these other people here who are commenting don't do that stuff either. Maybe you should get to know your forum people a little better.

But hey, if you weren't getting things wrong and reading what you wanted to read you wouldn't be JayC.

• Like 1

I assume you're referring to myself and SP because Doom Saber, gruntcast, Devil Bat and Flounnderr are as nice as they come here. Another mod who just reads what he wants to. I'm with SP on this one. This is a hypocritical response and quite frankly you're not Mr. Sunshine by any stretch of the imagination.

As for ARROW, I bashed him when he was here and I'm bashing him now. Same for some of the other people here. Last time I checked he wasn't banned so he's welcome to respond, but if it makes you feel any better I'll go over to wherever he is now and tell him he's an a******.

CLAM, you and the other Old School TNIers won't admit it, but ARROW created just as many firestorms as the "friendly/popular people" you're don't have the balls to call out by name. Of course if I knew this was a popularity contest I would've kissed up to you and all the other mods years ago.

Regardless, you can say whatever you want about me but there's no chance in hell I've got as many locked topics under my belt as he does. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Like 2

I wasn't going to bring this up but i feel I have to now..Until recently I thought he only did this to me but I see i'm not alone.

I lost all respect for ARROW when he posted the pm's out on an open thread I stopped talking to him.Your trying to be civil and not start a war on an open thread so you pm him,then he takes it and post is for all to see?

No i'm not bashing him just pointing out why some here lost any respect or trust in him.Personally I just stayed away from him and didn't want part of him after that

I wasn't going to bring this up but i feel I have to now..Until recently I thought he only did this to me but I see i'm not alone.

I lost all respect for ARROW when he posted the pm's out on an open thread I stopped talking to him.Your trying to be civil and not start a war on an open thread so you pm him,then he takes it and post is for all to see?

No i'm not bashing him just pointing out why some here lost any respect or trust in him.Personally I just stayed away from him and didn't want part of him after that

Well said WJ.

Maybe now that some of the criticism is coming from someone who is both friendly AND popular it will be taken seriously.

I consider myself an "old school TNIer" and I think what ARROW did was wrong in posting PMs, like what WJ said, it was sent privately for a reason. But I don't think it's cool for a thread to exsist and talk trash about someone, if they're here or if they're not. But that's just me. I think what Clam and Jay were saying is look in the mirror before you talk about someone else, not that you do the same things, but the way you do the things you do, which in some eyes, look just as bad. Take this thread here for example... How defensive you are, so quick to quote someone and point out and nit pick every little detail to try and make yourself look better and "right"... stuff like that. If you take pride in being a no-nonsense internet tough guy.. then I guess that's what works for you, but to me, just seems immature and silly.

EDIT: And, no.. doesn't mean I love ARROW and agree with all the stuff he did and the way he posts. I'm not justifying what he does, I'm talking about a thread created about another member that turned into an ARROW bash fest.If a thread was made about anyone here and it turned into a bash fest, I'd say the same thing... ;)

i never had a problem with arrow and always liked his art

I consider myself an "old school TNIer" and I think what ARROW did was wrong in posting PMs, like what WJ said, it was sent privately for a reason. But I don't think it's cool for a thread to exsist and talk trash about someone, if they're here or if they're not. But that's just me. I think what Clam and Jay were saying is look in the mirror before you talk about someone else, not that you do the same things, but the way you do the things you do, which in some eyes, look just as bad. Take this thread here for example... How defensive you are, so quick to quote someone and point out and nit pick every little detail to try and make yourself look better and "right"... stuff like that. If you take pride in being a no-nonsense internet tough guy.. then I guess that's what works for you, but to me, just seems immature and silly.

EDIT: And, no.. doesn't mean I love ARROW and agree with all the stuff he did and the way he posts. I'm not justifying what he does, I'm talking about a thread created about another member that turned into an ARROW bash fest.If a thread was made about anyone here and it turned into a bash fest, I'd say the same thing... ;)

Rhyno, maybe if ARROW showed other people respect I wouldn't be here "trashing" him. You reap what you sow and like I said before he hasn't been banned so if he wants to I'm sure he has a response for his deplorable behavior. And how do you know he's not here? Not posting doesn't mean you're not here. Having your activity set to "private" could mean anything.

JayC? Well, if for once in his life he actually read what I wrote I wouldn't be "nitpicking" him, would I? Our host has made a terrible habit of misinterpreting posts and taking them out of context. Today was no exception.

And CLAM? Calling my character into question? Railing on me because I'm neither "friendly" or "popular" (don't bother defending it, this whole forum knows who he was talking about)? Never mind the blatant hypocrisy he showed off, read that comment again. As a moderator yourself, are those the type of comments you should be promoting?

As for you Joe I hope you're not blaming me for turning this into an ARROW "bash fest." I didn't tell any of those other guys to come here and say those things. I wouldn't have said a word about ARROW if I didn't think it was deserved. Others must have felt the same way. Maybe he just had that effect on people.

• Like 1

As for you Joe I hope you're not blaming me for turning this into an ARROW "bash fest." I didn't tell any of those other guys to come here and say those things. I wouldn't have said a word about ARROW if I didn't think it was deserved. Others must have felt the same way. Maybe he just had that effect on people.

Nah, it's all good.

I just made this thread to see if anyone knew what had happened, and I got my answers. Bash away if you guys feel like it...doesn't hurt my feelings any. I know Ken is more than capable of defending himself if he reads this and feels the need to.

Nah, it's all good.

I just made this thread to see if anyone knew what had happened, and I got my answers. Bash away if you guys feel like it...doesn't hurt my feelings any. I know Ken is more than capable of defending himself if he reads this and feels the need to.

I meant JoeRhyno.

C'mon now. I respect you a TON, DB, but seeing you losing faith in people's character over a few disagreements on an internet forum doesn't sit right with me.

Some people are just argumentative for the sake of arguing, myself included, and I've had plenty of go-rounds with Ken, but I never took it personally, and always knew we had more in common than what we disagreed on...and I think that was a mutual feeling. I also took faith in the fact that we could go into another thread and be fine with each other, without the disagreements from other threads spilling over...and the same with other people here.

One thing for sure, I would have no problem bringing certain people into my house from this forum...just because they've revealed enough about themselves over the years here (regardless of if I agree), and I would know how to approach them and get along with them just fine. People like VH, Clam, Superpowers (I know, this surprises me too :P ), Capt. Wiseman, Arrow, SS49, Tom, a lot of people I'm probably forgetting to mention that aren't here anymore, and YOU.

Actually, of anyone here, you would probably be the first and foremost as far as people I would actually invite into my home, simply because you've always seemed to be the most sincere and the most real. That's why it kind of pisses me off to see you claim that what we say and do for each other here is nothing but a charade...and that none of it can be taken seriously. I've never tried to present myself as anyone other than who I really am here, and take pride in that. I consider many of you my friends, even if I've never met you in person.

Darth...first of all, I appreciate the kind words. I have always found you to be one of the most pleasant members here, and probably one I would count as a friend. But I think you've misunderstood me. I wasn't saying what we do and say on here is a charade and that I don't take anyone seriously. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. To be specific, I was trying to say that I never expected ARROW to tear me apart like he did in the "politics and religion" forum. I had befriended him and done him a favor once in the past, only to be treated like a right-wing zealot and outright dismissed for my beliefs. I didn't expect it, and it just hurt coming from him is what I was trying to say. And it wasn't just that he disagreed with me; it was how he disagreed with me. I've said that time and time again, even to him. I don't think you remember how bad it was, if you read the specific thread I'm referring to. Had he talked to you the way he did me, I think your feelings on the matter would be quite different, to be perfectly honest. But it's like I've already alluded to; this is a public forum. You have to accept the fact that there will be disagreements, no matter how unpleasant they are. I guess I'm just a little old fashioned and expect a little decency and common courtesy, even in a public forum. And participating in a public forum doesn't give people the right to treat and talk to others any ol' way they want. It's a cheap excuse for rude behavior.

And it's like I said, ARROW and I had interracted in other threads after the fact, and he seemed fine. So maybe he didn't see anything wrong with what he said. Maybe I just took it to heart when perhaps I shouldn't have. I don't know. I will reiterate the fact that I have come to realize that I can be a tad sensitive. Sometimes I do take things personally when perhaps I shouldn't. It's a flaw I'm trying real hard to work on lately.

Seeing how much tension one guy makes on the forum tells you a lot about that individual. He surely left an impression here. No one can deny that.

When Arrow was here, I used to pm him for advie on personal matters. He was usually blunt, harsh, and honest about them even if I didn't agree with everything he told me.

I think those who have a problem with him, are those who tend to be very opinionated. I can see the "my opinions matters more than your opinions" mindset some people have mentioned, but that can be said about a lot of people here. What I mean is that Arrow doesn't back down on his opinions, much like a lot of opinionated people here. Not naming names, but I can see several people on this thread that would try to get the last comment in about them being "right".

I think Arrow adds variety in the threads since I can remember during a time before he came to TNI where are all the comments were one sided since everyone was agreeing to one opinionated person.

That reminds me, whatever happened to VH?

That reminds me, whatever happened to VH?

I was about to ask that, as well.

Where is Viper Hunter?

There's a post from a month ago, but still, he just doesn't post like you used to.

There was very little I disagreed with him about.