GI Joe Wave 5

Kill Solo

Yeah I got Crazy Legs, Viper and Temple SE thanks to a friend this weekend. He found em at Walmart and only $4 to boot. I really am surprised how bad ass Snake Eyes is! Slice, Dice or the unmasked SE head are awesome! I will need 3 total for all 3 mentioned.

Draven

still no Joes at my wal-mart but Fred Miejers had wave 4 today! that's exciting as I wasn't expecting it yet, usually they are so far behind. I got crazylegs and the 2 Se 's that they had. I think Se has great potential for a Dragon Age custom i have in mind, or shredder, or budo, geeze I could pick up more of this guy. Also Crazy legs goggles are the bomb! i love that they look right both on his helmet, or slid down for use. I really want that for the rest of my Joes. Here is hoping i see wave 5 soon.

i just got wave 5 today and i have to say except for the troop builders i was disappointed. general hawk is nothing more than dukes head painted brown.blowtorch is a repaint i could have lived with steele brigade being a mail away as it was in the past. i hope hasbro has some good stuff planned later this year cause so far its nothing but frankensteined figures!

i just got wave 5 today and i have to say except for the troop builders i was disappointed. general hawk is nothing more than dukes head painted brown.blowtorch is a repaint i could have lived with steele brigade being a mail away as it was in the past. i hope hasbro has some good stuff planned later this year cause so far its nothing but frankensteined figures!

I agree. I don't think these figures are near as strong as the ones we've seen in the past couple waves. There is, however, hope for upcoming waves. If you need a little encouragement, like i did, just look back at the pics from this year's Joecon. http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2011_Joe_Con%2FHasbro%2FDay_2%2F&dispsize=600&start=0

actually, i've seen reviews that state that Hawk's head is the 25th hawk head, just cast in plastic flesh as opposed to painted. I don't have the fig in hand, but from pics this looks accurate.

I prefer the DTC look for the steel brigade, I just dislike the shock trooper mold as well, the skinny waist reminds me of the worst jvc/vvv days.

The green and Tan blowtorch sounds exciting, supposedly a running change, it will probably be hard to come by but i'd buy it if i can find it.

I like the Jungle Bat period! Reminds me of the old Tiger Force Bat I made way back in the day @loll@

Draven

The camo pattern is great, but I think i'm still spoiled with the JVC bats having an actual plate covering there important innards. When I think POC bat i want to see something still classic but moving in that direction.

Yeah,at Joecon they were talking about a concept version of Blowtorch.That version is suppose to be green.I found wave 5 as well in Decatur.I do agree that Hawk and Blowtorch were dissappointing.I left the Cobra Trooper but picked up the Jungle BAT and the Steel Brigade Trooper.Those are cool.

Wait green Blowtorch?? Where? Pics?? Did you ever get a Lowlight?

Draven

nope, still can't find lowlight (pm sent)

I've seen a pic of the blowtorch, and as much I don't like the idea of a flamethrower for Joe, I can't help but love it even if it is a simple change.

And a red Croc Master.... I want to see pics of him too! Are these ever going to see retail??

Draven

I've only seen this tiny MOC pic of Croc Master so far and none of blowtorch other than some slides from a presentation

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe-pursuit-of-cobra-18/python-patrol-croc-master-10414/

apparently the magazine is out now but everyone who has posted scans have had them removed

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Someone please send me a scan of the Blowtorch and Croc Master if you saved them!! I am interested in both. I finally got the rest of the new Joes I wanted thanks to my same friend that hooked me up with Crazy Legs wave. And still $4 to boot! Its crazy this store has them on clearance and is still stocking them! @loll@ Got Steel Brigade, Blueshirt and Bat for myself. Love all 3! Got CC, IG and Hawk for my friend. Not thrilled with any of those 3 and Hawk does look like a Hawk head casted in plastic to me too. Oh and Rev lmk when you get that Low Light!

Draven