30th Anniversary or POC 2012?

Buckwheat826

Was POC wave 5 scrapped for the 30th anniversary theme? I noticed that the card art for them are not being released with what was shown at the Con...

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_Joe_Con%2FHasbro%2FDay_1&pic=IMG_3614.jpg&dispsize=800&start=40

I've been digging for answers everywhere but had no luck. (I'm still here just too shy to post anymore)

Also, what's up with Target selling Joes now for 9.99?! (rediculous especially like anyone's gonna pay that for Arctic Destro @rolleye@ ) HTS always out of stock. Walmart and TRU is a joke.

• Like 1

$9.99!? That's crazy. I'm glad I was able to pick up wave six for $6.99 at wal-mart. Where are you located?

HTS told be wave 5 should be shipping hopefully by the end of the week

There are also a bunch of vehicles that were due in Spring '11. I wonder what happened to them

I'm curious now about the 30th ann. artwork. Looking back, they showed both

IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

need to find that Q&A

edit: found it

- The new line is being dubbed "Celebration of the best from the 30 last years" and not "30 for 30" like was mentioned at Toy Fair, mainly because that title is trademarked by someone else.

- Blue packaging will be Joe and Cobra Red and Renegades will be different still but also differentiate Joe and Cobra with red and blue.

still confused :/

I'm curious now about the 30th ann. artwork. Looking back, they showed both

IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

need to find that Q&A

edit: found it

- The new line is being dubbed "Celebration of the best from the 30 last years" and not "30 for 30" like was mentioned at Toy Fair, mainly because that title is trademarked by someone else.

- Blue packaging will be Joe and Cobra Red and Renegades will be different still but also differentiate Joe and Cobra with red and blue.

still confused :/

It doesn't look like we're getting new Celebration cardbacks. Who knows. What gave me a sudden scare was not knowing if the new Cobra Trooper and Viper now released are POC, given that they may release (and they probably will) a "30th" anny version which would be different. For army builders, this sucks because if the first crop is more desirable, and decide to wait for the anticipated new releases, we miss out. If we buy now, and the newer version is better, we get burned. History repeats itself. lol

Anyway I like both but those 30th cardbacks shown at the Con are pretty nice lookin too.

I'm in the Bay Area (San Francisco) and Target has been selling pretty high. Alpha vehicles like Doom Cycle sell for 19.99! I have never seen wave 3, let alone a Shock Trooper in the wild out here at these stores. At a 9.99 price point, it's a seller's market for online markups. (sorry getting sidetracked from original topic)

• Like 1

I always thought this was either a case of the new cardart being too late for the shipment, or that tey were getting repacked. These are just add on figs the real meat of the 30th anniversary does not come till later.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up on what was mentioned earlier about price, my local PX had been chafing 9.99 for gi Joe since the first wave of pursuit figures, so I didn't know any better until I read this thread. Now I'm super lissed since I bought most all of wave 1 and some of wave 2 at 9.99 a piece.

Not much of problem now since I haven't seen any gi Joe since wave 2, or any marvel universe until months after they have been out. Whomever the "buying team" is for these products obviously doesn't know their department or demographic very well. No gi Joe or super hero toys on a military base (with no walmart or targets on island) = dumb.

Just to follow up on what was mentioned earlier about price, my local PX had been chafing 9.99 for gi Joe since the first wave of pursuit figures, so I didn't know any better until I read this thread. Now I'm super lissed since I bought most all of wave 1 and some of wave 2 at 9.99 a piece.

Not much of problem now since I haven't seen any gi Joe since wave 2, or any marvel universe until months after they have been out. Whomever the "buying team" is for these products obviously doesn't know their department or demographic very well. No gi Joe or super hero toys on a military base (with no walmart or targets on island) = dumb.

Dude the people who decide what gets stocked at PX/BX/naval exchanges have no clue. Then stuff almost never gets clearanced. Yeah it makes sense to order 10 copies of the new zelda for the whole base, and oh yeah make it 60 copies of barbie's pony horse country extravaganza. Yeah those will sell! I am constantly baffled at their inability to stock no brainer selections, and stubborness when it comes to clearancing or even market surveying. Many times I will see games and toys selling for full retail, (and in the case of toys, over retail)when other stores have cut the prices on those items 50-75%.

Dude, what island are you on?

I know your pain with the PX's. I have two PX's nearby, an NEX, a BX, and an MCX. NONE of them know what to order, and the prices are often marked up. Bad thing is, I can't use the local retailers to price match, because often times, their prices are even higher. People are complaining about $9.99 for Joes at Target. They were $10.49 for about two months before I deployed. I'm sure they haven't dropped that much in two and a half months. I feel your pain.

And yeah, their selection is questionable at best. The thing I hate about the clearance is that they'll keep an item way over retail for the longest, then when it doesn't sell, they slap a 75% off tag on it, and everything is sold out in one day. Then, when it's time to reorder, they don't because they think the line will only move on clearance. UGH.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on oki. There basically 2 big px/bx stores; the air base and the main marine base. They currently have these figures for sale:

DCUC: Donna Troy, Cheetah

Gi Joe: mars industries laptop (from the movie line. Yeah)

Marvel universe: Doc Samson, Jean grey and cyclops 2 pack

Transformers: some power combiners set (been there approx. 7 months)

Thor: pegs are full of this guy

Green lantern: no basic figures, just these weird smaller figures with larger action feature type accessories.

The thing that pisses me off the most is when I asked who I have to talk to to get them to stock stuff, I was given the run around for an hour. There's like 20 damn managers at that place, but apparently none of them are responsible for the toy section. Or rather none took responsibility for it.

I really do wonder what some of those people get paid for. They make so much money and get sweet GS benefits and so they don't even care enough investigate into their products or receive feedback from customers. The guy I spoke to looked at me like he was offended when I told him that they were charging more than the manufacturers suggested retail price for basically everything in the toy aisle. Like it's my fault.

based on this i would say the soldier is going to be a repack:

http://smalljoes.com...=GI30TH-FIGSET1

Wow... just love that first assortment :rolleyes: . Six figures and only two of them are actually new.

Which two are the new ones? I've seen pretty much all of those somewhere else before. The Viper seems tooled differently enough to be considered 'new', but it's still just a Viper.

based on this i would say the soldier is going to be a repack:

http://smalljoes.com...=GI30TH-FIGSET1

Wow... just love that first assortment :rolleyes: . Six figures and only two of them are actually new.

Which two are the new ones? I've seen pretty much all of those somewhere else before. The Viper seems tooled differently enough to be considered 'new', but it's still just a Viper.

Hazard Viper and Stalker are the two 2 ones.

I'm on oki. There basically 2 big px/bx stores; the air base and the main marine base. They currently have these figures for sale:

DCUC: Donna Troy, Cheetah

Gi Joe: mars industries laptop (from the movie line. Yeah)

Marvel universe: Doc Samson, Jean grey and cyclops 2 pack

Transformers: some power combiners set (been there approx. 7 months)

Thor: pegs are full of this guy

Green lantern: no basic figures, just these weird smaller figures with larger action feature type accessories.

The thing that pisses me off the most is when I asked who I have to talk to to get them to stock stuff, I was given the run around for an hour. There's like 20 damn managers at that place, but apparently none of them are responsible for the toy section. Or rather none took responsibility for it.

I really do wonder what some of those people get paid for. They make so much money and get sweet GS benefits and so they don't even care enough investigate into their products or receive feedback from customers. The guy I spoke to looked at me like he was offended when I told him that they were charging more than the manufacturers suggested retail price for basically everything in the toy aisle. Like it's my fault.

Dude I give a big :rolleyes: every time I go in the toy aisle at the BX. The transformers dark of the moon figures are the latest example. $24.99 for $19.99 voyagers that are on sale for less than $18.00 everywhere else. All the other DOM stuff is overpriced too. The average markup is 25%. Thats effin robbery for a place that advertises its "savings for the troops" as its main tagline. Granted you can pricematch, but most people dont know that, and they really dont advertise it. In the case of the NEX, they only do less than $5, and often times the people start interrogating you like some kind of criminal. Heaven forbid you buy several of something and want a PM on all them, they almost always short circuit and call a manager :rolleyes:

I wont even bring up the games section...$59.99 for 2 year old games that are less than $19.99 everywhere else. @hmmm@