Disliking Bayformers

Nguyen_Dragon

Ok I'm starting this topic with Nguyen's post this continues from the Jet Wing Optimus Prime thread and its about the dislikes of the Bayformers

...Wheeljack35

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope Bay keeps to his word and this will be his last...

The last with him and his horrible designs till we get a reboot that will use more traditional looking bots

I wouldnt mind the Alternator/Binaltech design except for Prime... Hasbro can recycle and make money off of existing molds... Its a win for all...

The last with him and his horrible designs till we get a reboot that will use more traditional looking bots

I wouldnt mind the Alternator/Binaltech design except for Prime... Hasbro can recycle and make money off of existing molds... Its a win for all...

I remember saying that What was the matter with the alternator look ...I wish they bought those back

Alternators won't do either. Seriously we need more of a traditional look, they don't have to be exact like the 80's toon but they need to move far away from that insect alien look. Take the new movie coming out by Hugh Jackman, I think its called Robot fighter or something like that. The robots in that look more like Transformers than the crappy Bayformers. Why couldn't they do the movie like that....dang

Alternators won't do either. Seriously we need more of a traditional look, they don't have to be exact like the 80's toon but they need to move far away from that insect alien look. Take the new movie coming out by Hugh Jackman, I think its called Robot fighter or something like that. The robots in that look more like Transformers than the crappy Bayformers. Why couldn't they do the movie like that....dang

What is wrong with Alternators?... They have the characteristics of G1 with a splash of modern look... You lost me with Real Steal... Transformers should definitely not look like those robots...

What is wrong with Alternators?... They have the characteristics of G1 with a splash of modern look... You lost me with Real Steal... Transformers should definitely not look like those robots...

A few Altenators look ok to me the rest suffer from the modern interpretation, though I must admit I guess if I had to choose I would prefer the altenators look over the baycrap any day.

Alternators WOULD definatly work they were made to look like real cars and everybody wants the characters to look more like the bots we grew up with than this alien crap Bay has used

As long as they use G1 colors, that Wheeljack was blue and white. Overall they are ten times better than what we have seen on the big screen. You guys are right the altenators are probably the best with today's visual style, I retract my previous/earlier statement.

Alternators WOULD definatly work they were made to look like real cars and everybody wants the characters to look more like the bots we grew up with than this alien crap Bay has used

As long as they use G1 colors, that Wheeljack was blue and white. Overall they are ten times better than what we have seen on the big screen. You guys are right the altenators are probably the best with today's visual style, I retract my previous/earlier statement.

I think we would have seen more variety of license cars and one more suited to WJ if it was backed by a movie... Plus a Arcee that looks feminine... LOL

The issue I have w/ g1 bots in a modern movie is that they wouldn't translate well to live action. At all. They need to have fluid motion and look more realistic than a bunch of boxes stacked on top of one another. I think one of the things the bay films did right (for the most part) was the look of the robots. Now if only they could've come up w/ a decent storyline and characters..

The issue I have w/ g1 bots in a modern movie is that they wouldn't translate well to live action. At all. They need to have fluid motion and look more realistic than a bunch of boxes stacked on top of one another. I think one of the things the bay films did right (for the most part) was the look of the robots. Now if only they could've come up w/ a decent storyline and characters..

they could look like alternators or masterpieces

Because Bay said it wouldn't look well?

Hell I would like to be the judge of that

Some of the alt/mp's would still be too unrealistic for a live action film.

Not sure what you're trying to say w/ that second line; I couldn't tell you what bay thinks of anything other than bayformers..

Not sure what you're trying to say w/ that second line; I couldn't tell you what bay thinks of anything other than bayformers..

What makes the designs bay used any more realistic than the altenators look? No one wants as you mentioned, "boxes on top of each other" but at the same time do all aliens including the robot ones have to look like this...........

alien-1979-screen-4.jpg

Insect like does not mean alien all the time. They would not be too unrealistic for a live action movie

Here are two robots from the Real Steel movie. They look like robots but have clearly defined parts more aligned with the G1 Transformers and it works. They aren't any more unrealistic than what we saw on the screen with the Bayformers, the only difference is that I can see the image clearly because I am not bothered with a zillion different parts pointlessly shown in the design of each character.

real-steel_01-535x300.jpg

I can't tell you guys how much I hate Bayformers, Starscream looks like a friggin Katydid with tiny arms and legs and that is realistic? If at the very least they made them more G1 in their robot modes as a way for Transformers to adapt their look to the host planet creatures that would make sense to me as well and provide a reasonable excuse as to why they resemble humans.

This sucks:

star+scream+transformer+papercraft.jpg

And you know what, they couldn't even get the colors right for most of the guys, was having Ironhide a black truck really that important. Nothing about him aside from attitude (the little we saw on screen) resembles are beloved g1 character.

Does anyone else besides me think that these test shots work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d12qseDniVo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM74D1mFjN0

I dont understand what you mean by unrealistic... Alt/BT can have fluid motion and they dont look like a bunch of boxes stacked on top of each other... Bay wanted to make Transformers his own so he made up some of the excuses that is along the line of what you stated above if I remember correctly... So just because Bay said they are "unrealistic" and doesnt translate well to a live movie doesnt mean they wont... I hope the next director will take a different direction... Transformers are robots not androids...

Transformers are robots not androids...

An android is a robot that is humanoid; that's what the vast majority of tf's are so I don't see what you're trying to get at here.

I also don't understand why characters have to be so slavish to g1 to even be the same color; ironhide looks better in black than red imo, not to mention that that's the color of the gm truck that gmc allowed the film makers to use.

Superpowers: those vids you posted prove my point; how can that prime have fluid motion when his entire chest is one solid piece of metal? The movie cgi/designs are vastly superior, imo.

As far as "adapting to their environment" goes, the decepticons don't want to adapt, they want to destroy so it would make no sense for them to adapt. They hide in vehicle mode (as the autobots do) and show their "real" forms in robot mode. They're humanoid enough for me (bipedal, one head, two arms, etc) but I prefer that their faces are more than just a simple human face w/ different crests/helmets as many of the g1 characters were.

Note that I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion but I think the g1 80's look would not translate well into a modern live action film. I'd rather have updated tf's than rehash g1 over and over again. That's no may to make progress; I mean, as others have said it's a bit ironic that many fans of transformers are so resistant to change.

I don't mind the looks as long as they Homage G1. what I really would like is for Don Figueroa to design the reboot film's transformers that way they would look realistic and closer to the G1 counterparts

The_Transformers_4A.jpg

You didnt like the Alternators.........???

I thought, most of them, were pretty well done.

I don't mind the looks as long as they Homage G1. what I really would like is for Don Figueroa to design the reboot film's transformers that way they would look realistic and closer to the G1 counterparts

The_Transformers_4A.jpg

I'm not crazy about this look, but I'll gladly accept it if it were used in a new series of Transformers movies.

The_Transformers_4A.jpg

I'm not crazy about this look, but I'll gladly accept it if it were used in a new series of Transformers movies.

I like the overall body but I hate the face