New 1/6th Scale Christopher Reeve Superman Figure From Hot Toys Preview

The Wire

Went to Dallascomic-con this weekend. Great show. It was held in the new Irving Convention Center. Lots of people showed up. Lots of dealers. I didn't see one Hot Toys figure being sold anywhere. Texas has money. If those folks aren't buying Hot Toys, who is?

Now see the Hot Toys Thor is around 130 somthing, I bet this one is going to be super expensive, no pun intended. If it was 130 I would buy four of them, they are simply brilliant pieces. Man that is Chris Reeve to the letter T. I seriously need and want this, Lord knows what this means to me.

I do have a problem with the Superman movie stuff, it doesn't seem to make a big enough splash for me. I figure that since the movie is so highly regarded even to this day by superhero and non-superhero fans that these would garner more attention. Either way I think they are brilliant because for some reason it is very hard to capture Chris's likeness and they nailed it.

it seems every license they have that I like is more expensive than the next.

That's because they've learned (and I say this a lot) that fans have shown time and again that they will pay outrageous prices for their toys. It's the whole reason these premium format figures exist. There's a market for it, seemingly no matter how high they price their stuff.

I knew this figure would not be a reality for me even before I saw the $200 price tag. Would I really like to have this and a few Sideshow GI Joes for my collection? Sure. But it just ain't happening.

I give you credit though, SP, seeing you gush over this figure, I expected you to say something like, "$200 is a bit high but I'll still gladly buy at least two".

it seems every license they have that I like is more expensive than the next.

That's because they've learned (and I say this a lot) that fans have shown time and again that they will pay outrageous prices for their toys. It's the whole reason these premium format figures exist. There's a market for it, seemingly no matter how high they price their stuff.

I knew this figure would not be a reality for me even before I saw the $200 price tag. Would I really like to have this and a few Sideshow GI Joes for my collection? Sure. But it just ain't happening.

I give you credit though, SP, seeing you gush over this figure, I expected you to say something like, "$200 is a bit high but I'll still gladly buy at least two".

Don't give me credit yet because I am still plotting on three of them. It is going to take a lot of planning financially because I am trying to go back to Vegas this summer amongst other things. It is just too wonderful a figure to pass up, though I do believe the price is SUPER-inflated. Sideshow has decent enough prices around the 100-130 mark but every Hot Toys figure I own has been 170-200 and I bought the Michael Jackson Beat It doll exclusive and that cost me 270.00. The premium format market is pretty disgusting and none are as bad as Hot Toys