NBC Gives 'Wonder Woman' Her Pink Slip

Wheeljack35

http://enewsi.com/television/191-20153.html

Reported by Outsiders

It appears that Wonder Woman isn't so wonderful after all because EW is reporting that NBC has passed on the pilot from David E. Kelley and Warner Bros. TV.

The new show was to have a 2011 feeling with Diana Prince as CEO of a major conglomerate by day and a butt-kicking Amazon (with a fleet of cool planes) by night. The new show was supposed to be lots of actions and some awesome music. So we might be asking what happen? Well, NBC isn't saying but the pilot earned mixed reviews at test screenings. Also, the costume de-emphasize the patriotism and played up the comic’s Greek mythology. Even with the wardrobe changed, it would seem it wouldn't matter and NBC still didn't like what they saw.

If the pilot is shopped around then maybe CW will pick it up since the Smallville series is coming to an end?

http://enewsi.com/television/191-20153.html

Reported by Outsiders

It appears that Wonder Woman isn't so wonderful after all because EW is reporting that NBC has passed on the pilot from David E. Kelley and Warner Bros. TV.

The new show was to have a 2011 feeling with Diana Prince as CEO of a major conglomerate by day and a butt-kicking Amazon (with a fleet of cool planes) by night. The new show was supposed to be lots of actions and some awesome music. So we might be asking what happen? Well, NBC isn't saying but the pilot earned mixed reviews at test screenings. Also, the costume de-emphasize the patriotism and played up the comic’s Greek mythology. Even with the wardrobe changed, it would seem it wouldn't matter and NBC still didn't like what they saw.

If the pilot is shopped around then maybe CW will pick it up since the Smallville series is coming to an end?

CW will pick up anything... LOL

Color me unsurprised. This thing has looked like a train wreck from the beginning.

Warner Bros should release this pilot and the Aquaman pilot from a few years ago in one DVD set to recoup their losses.

This might put a stop to a Wonder Woman movie

Nah, If the series had been a success it probably would have killed a movie...like when they denied Smallville a young Bruce Wayne because that would somehow confuse people at the same time with Batman Begins?

Id say its a good thing for chances of a WW movie. Though that all depends on Green Lantern right now, if its a success and the studios want to take chances with DC superheroes who arent Supes or the Bat.

Thank goodness, I really hope they go back to the drawing board and come up with a decent movie plot. Amazing how they were able to do so for the animated movie but not a live action one. Of course the live action movie requires a lot more development and character build but it can be done.

Also I agree. no matter what a Wonder Woman tv show would be a bad thing. If it was successful that would kill the movie, if it was a failure it kills the movie. The tv show is a no win situation for everyone.

In time we will see the WW pilot, I must say I really liked the Aquaman pilot, now that should of been a show.

This might put a stop to a Wonder Woman movie

Nah, If the series had been a success it probably would have killed a movie...like when they denied Smallville a young Bruce Wayne because that would somehow confuse people at the same time with Batman Begins?

Id say its a good thing for chances of a WW movie. Though that all depends on Green Lantern right now, if its a success and the studios want to take chances with DC superheroes who arent Supes or the Bat.

FOS is right. If GL bombs that might be it for DC characters that don't wear pointy ears and big red capes.

Anyway, I honestly don't understand what the issue is with Wonder Woman. The concept is not that difficult.

Here's an interesting question for all of you.

Do you think a live-action WW film would work best as a modern day adventure?

Or would it work best as a WWII era piece like the Cap film and the first season of the original WW TV series?

I have to agree with what a lot of you have already said. From what I saw, it's no big loss.

To answer your question Rollo, for me a modern adventure would work best. A WWII story would pull the character out of the world that the Batman, Superman, and now, Green Lantern films inhabit. Granted, these film franchises don't cross over at all, but there is still the idea in my head that the characters do interact at some point that we don't see on film.