Sign in to follow this  
RockthePlank

Robocop Question

Does anyone know who hold the licenses to this? Are there any good figures out? With a lot of 80's movies getting new figures and updates, I was wondering if there was one for Robocop. I just watched the movie for the first time in a LONG time and now I know I need a Murphy! If anyone with info about past or present figure info could share, I would appreciate it!

Neca just got the license. I love this movie diffidently top 3. Mcfarlane made a decent one a few years back but lacks a lot of pose ability. There's a lot of movies from the 80's and 90's that don't hold up to the test of time, Robocop is as good back then as now. it's not campy, it's sci-fi done in a serious and realistic manner. I got the unrated edition which has more violence.

• Like 2

Neca just got the license. I love this movie diffidently top 3. Mcfarlane made a decent one a few years back but lacks a lot of pose ability. There's a lot of movies from the 80's and 90's that don't hold up to the test of time, Robocop is as good back then as now. it's not campy, it's sci-fi done in a serious and realistic manner. I got the unrated edition which has more violence.

Thanks man! Yeah rewatching it, it's super violent and it's got that 80's "what if corporate greed took over" kind of feel to it, but it was still enjoyable. The only part that probably hasn't stood up so well what the walker robot, T what ever it was, that kind of felt dated, not the look or feel of it, which still felt modern, but the special effects very really choppy. Other then that small complaint, I loved it! (Oh and seeing Red Foreman kick ass was awesome too!)

Thanks man! Yeah rewatching it, it's super violent and it's got that 80's "what if corporate greed took over" kind of feel to it, but it was still enjoyable. The only part that probably hasn't stood up so well what the walker robot, T what ever it was, that kind of felt dated, not the look or feel of it, which still felt modern, but the special effects very really choppy. Other then that small complaint, I loved it! (Oh and seeing Red Foreman kick ass was awesome too!)

Yep I think the ED-209 was clay animation on some parts, but that thing gave me the creeps, especially how it guns down the first guy.

Yep I think the ED-209 was clay animation on some parts, but that thing gave me the creeps, especially how it guns down the first guy.

I loved it! I wonder how many parents turned the tape off after that scene thinking they rented a fun kids movie, it really sets the tone for the movie. That and I think the animal noises it made could have been sythsezised into the mechanical noises a little better.

I'm hoping whoever has the license will make a better Robocain maybe a twelve inch figure

I'm hoping whoever has the license will make a better Robocain maybe a twelve inch figure

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't seen any of the other movies, but I am going to be putting in my Netflix cue when I get home from work (I can only remember to do stuff like that when I am at work for some reason and it's block as "unproductive") But I googles it up and yes, please, give me a Robocain too, that would make a SWEET figure!