Shocker Toys: Mucus Tick & Dick Tracy black and white

Cloud

Back in December 2010, Shocker toys offered a "Christmas stocking bundle" for pre-ordering their Tick + Mucus Tick with a free series1 figure included. I also added a black and white Dick Tracy for $5.

It took them awhile to actually have the Ticks in stock. After 4 months I finally got what I bought.

P1020494.jpg

So far I've only opened my Mucus Tick, the sculpt looks look and the minimal paint helps the translucent cartoonish look. Some people would probably prefer some dark color washes for the normal Tick but I'm fine with it.

The articulation isn't bad but rather weird.

P1020558.jpg

P1020543.jpg

The Tick's wrist and ankles are ball joint but they don't really allow a lot of movement. Tick comes with a pair of closed fists and another pair with a hole in it to fit the Stop sign accessory. It took me a while to figure out how to remove the bottom of the pole to let Tick hold it. The best way I concluded it to put the bottom of the Stop sign in hot water and then carefully twist the bottom and work your way. When you're done, put the hand in hot water to expand the hole.

Ticks weird hip joint is close to a DCUC style but not quite. It's a two piece, the piece inside is a T crotch and the outerpiece works more like a ball joint. The legs can more sideways but his legs can't move forward up to 90 degrees but rather 75 degrees

P1020551.jpg

The Dick Tracy figure is only $5 when you order more than $30 over Shocker Toy I think. It's a nice figure, paints good, the joints are pretty standard. I had fun posing him. His only accessory is his hat. The handgun is sculpts with his hand so it's not removable. I'm not familiar with the character so I'm not sure what other hands that they could include. Overall I would say it's well worth $5 but anything more than that is asking a bit too much.

P1020499.jpg

P1020502.jpg

P1020503.jpg

Actually I'm not a fan of Shocker Toys and these are the first Shocker Toys figures that I bought besides their Mallows designer figures.

I guess I don't have any hard feelings because I didn't know anything about them. Their products do delay a lot. For example the Tick is from Indie Spotlight series2 which should have been released last year. We've only got one figure out of five.

I do understand that they maybe struggling financially and that's why they can't produce their figures on time. I hope they'll do better as people can see that they do deliver good products and have potential to be better.

I guess you're just a positive kind of guy! I really want that Tick figure and I've been eyeing the Barry "Tick" figure they have for a long time too. I'll probably break down and order one at the end of the month, so hopefully I'll get it by Christmas

Ya, those exclusives from last year. The Hunter Rose exclusives looks badass. Despite I don't hate Shocker Toys, I do agree with some members that they should have shown us some progress. Give customers some confidence that there's progress.

• 3 months later...

These Shocker toys are hard to find in stores. I've only seen one figure at my local Toys R Us. Really like that someone is giving the Indies love.

I didnt even know these were offered at retail, last I heard people still hadn't gotten their orders, but I could be wrong, that thread is kinda dead.

Jeez! No wonder people talk such smack about Shocker! How am I supposed to buy these if you don't make them?

You send Geoff your $50, and then once he secures a factory in China in 2015, he'll send you the toy in 2016. Unless the factory burns down, or the ship sinks, or customs destroys the entire shipment. Then it will be longer. But either way, he keeps your money.