Series Finale's

Inspired by yojoebro's thread about favorite cliffhangers: What is your all time favorite series finale? Which one did you think "man that didn't do the series justice"?

Ever since we said good bye to our cable company a few months back, my wife and I have been satisfied getting our TV fix through Netflix, DVD's, and HuluPlus (which is still down thanks to PSN being down) Anyhow, watching these shows now and watching their finale's, its got me thinking about endings in general. I watched the 3rd Rock from the Sun final episode (I just lost all my credibility) and it actually made me tear up a little (I take it back, NOW I've lost my credibility). Not because of the show ending or anything like that, but it was a different time for me when I watched this. I was back in middle school, and my thoughts were about doing my homework or what high school will be like. It made me feel nostalgic for those easier times.

I mean LOST is a show with a powerful ending that comes to mind (good or bad) and you can't talk about this subject without mentioning MASH (Im not even a big fan of the show but the ending was powerful) What man didn't have "something in his eye" when Kevin's voiceover on the Wonder Years said his dad died of a heart attack in 1975? Who wasn't talking about Seinfeld the day afterwards?

So what about you guys? What shows made your eyes water up, sit back and think, or just make you scratch you head?

Beast Machines finale I know alot of fans hated Beastmachines but I loved it so there :P the ending was awesome in my opinion the end battle between Optimus and Megatron and the beautiful backgrounds for the reformatted Cybertron are some of my fondest memories of any tv show and I was really dissapointed with the retail abortion of Transtech I was already saving up for Starscream and Cheetor before the whole thing went down the drain <_<

I thought the LOST ending was pretty weak.

Another crappy one was ALIAS.

both J.J. Abrams shows.

Seinfeld had one of the worst sitcom final episodes.

Friends was a really good one

Yeah,I kinda forgot about Quantum Leap. Any ending that leaves more questions then answers isn't really that great. I'm hoping I'll be able to put Smallville on my list of favs. Top of my list for favs is JLU.

I liked the LOST and BSG endings. They weren't perfect, but they were good.

I was disappointed in 24s finale. I thought Jack Bauer should have gone out like Hamlet, Robin Hood, Sherlock Holmes, etc.

I disliked Seinfeld's ending.

In hindsight, the ALIAS ending was pretty weak compared to the rest of the series, but it wasn't terrible. Just rushed.

Cheers had a great finale.

I haven't seen the Scrubs finale.

I always thought the Star Trek:TNG ending was good in a quiet dignified way, with the card game. I never saw the finales to DS9 and Voyager.

I was disappointed in 24s finale. I thought Jack Bauer should have gone out like Hamlet, Robin Hood, Sherlock Holmes, etc.

In hindsight, the ALIAS ending was pretty weak compared to the rest of the series, but it wasn't terrible. Just rushed.

I always thought the Star Trek:TNG ending was good in a quiet dignified way, with the card game. I never saw the finales to DS9 and Voyager.

BSG ending was cool they found earth but it was destroyed by nuclear wars and when they finally settled on a plnet they called it earth then poof they cut to 150,000 years later and find out they settled this one

Seinfeld your right it was dumb

I see the Cheers finale last week after a long time they had it end like Sam and everybody were just going on with their lives and we were the ones moving on

The Wonder Years finale was heartbreaking especially about the Dad dying, they did move me.

The best ending to a show hands down belongs to JLU. They ended with an episode long battle with Superman/Batman/Lex Luthor and Darkseid...how much cooler of a lineup can you get. The final battle was epic and the role call at the end summed up the awesome power that DC has and how brilliant the cartoon was.

JLU and DC FOREVER!!!!

The Wonder Years finale was heartbreaking especially about the Dad dying, they did move me.

The best ending to a show hands down belongs to JLU. They ended with an episode long battle with Superman/Batman/Lex Luthor and Darkseid...how much cooler of a lineup can you get. The final battle was epic and the role call at the end summed up the awesome power that DC has and how brilliant the cartoon was.

JLU and DC FOREVER!!!!

there was no reason that show had to end as early as it did

I hate Cartoon Network

JLU and DC FOREVER!!!!

I hate Cartoon Network

Dude Cartoon Network is a very strange cable channel. I really don't understand their logic. JLU and MOTU had many more shows they could of been produced until they pulled the plug. It's a shame some of the other cable channels out there now weren't around then, maybe they could of bought the show and produced new episodes. MOTU was just getting its feet wet when the plug was pulled....................all in favor of Scobby Doo and Flintstones reruns.....ughhhhhh

JLU and DC FOREVER!!!!

I hate Cartoon Network

Dude Cartoon Network is a very strange cable channel. I really don't understand their logic. JLU and MOTU had many more shows they could of been produced until they pulled the plug. It's a shame some of the other cable channels out there now weren't around then, maybe they could of bought the show and produced new episodes. MOTU was just getting its feet wet when the plug was pulled....................all in favor of Scobby Doo and Flintstones reruns.....ughhhhhh

Yeah MOTU were starting the story of the snakemen then poof its done

Actually,they did do the Snakemen. They were getting ready Hordak next. JLU was suppose to do time travel episodes if they kept going.

What I remember was it was strting but I don't remember it finishing

BSG ending was cool they found earth but it was destroyed by nuclear wars and when they finally settled on a plnet they called it earth then poof they cut to 150,000 years later and find out they settled this one

Seinfeld your right it was dumb

I see the Cheers finale last week after a long time they had it end like Sam and everybody were just going on with their lives and we were the ones moving on

I liked Battlestar's ending as well forgot to post it I have other stuff on my mind with mty grandfather's funeral today

How was Quantum Leaps ending confusing. everything was totally explained.

BSG's ending was good when it ending half way through the final when they landed on Earth. The second half of the season was blah.

Angel's ending wasn't too bad. JLU and Star Trek: Next Generation were both real good.

I forgot about Angel. I never really watched the show (maybe 4 episodes ever) but I happened to watch the finale and the last shot of the series was pretty cool.

Angel's ending wasn't too bad. JLU and Star Trek: Next Generation were both real good.

I forgot about Angel. I never really watched the show (maybe 4 episodes ever) but I happened to watch the finale and the last shot of the series was pretty cool.

I really enjoyed the show(Angel). They could have gotten a few more years out of it, but thats just the way it seems to go sometimes.

same although it was more like 3 episodes for me