Best TV cliffhangers of all time

yojoebro82

What do you think?

My vote goes to the final episode of Star Trek TNG Season 3, The Best of Both Worlds. TNG was the first show I ever followed and I believe I was about 9 or so when I first saw it. I had no concept of the fact that TV shows were shown in seasons...just thought there was always a new on week after week. I remember seeing it for the first time and couldn't wait to see how they save Picard from the Borg. Then, the next week, the episode opens with PIcard sitting calmly in 10 forward. I was baffled! Did I miss an episode? Nope, it was just a rerun and I had to wait 3 months!

I just watced it again for the first time in a long time after a long day of work. I made a drink, took my pants off, and watched.

"Mr. Worf....fire."

How do you top THAT???

For me, the cliffhanger that came to mind was "Who Shot Mr Burns?" I know it's a rip off of who shot JR, but I was like 10 when this aired. My brothers and I were huge Simpsons fans, infact I even remember that my cousin had moved to California the summer before it aired and wasn't allowed to watch it living with his dad, so I called him as soon as the episode was over to put his mind at ease... (I probably dialed 10-10-321)

It's such an awesome cliffhanger, to me, because it is not in the norm of the Simpsons at all. The only two-part episode, Mr Burns being shot brought a sense of realism to the show and the best part of all, there were actually clues for us to try and figure it out!

I'll never forget at the end of part one, when they all find Mr Burns body slummed over the sundial, Doctor Hibbert begins to chuckle and says "I can't solve this mystery..." he turns, looks and point directly into the camera, and says "... can you????" Only to have the camera pan back after a second to reveal he was actually looking and talking to Chief Wiggum who says "I guess I'll give it a try, it's my job and all"... wish my work didn't block youtube or else I would post a clip.

What do you think?

My vote goes to the final episode of Star Trek TNG Season 3, The Best of Both Worlds. TNG was the first show I ever followed and I believe I was about 9 or so when I first saw it. I had no concept of the fact that TV shows were shown in seasons...just thought there was always a new on week after week. I remember seeing it for the first time and couldn't wait to see how they save Picard from the Borg. Then, the next week, the episode opens with PIcard sitting calmly in 10 forward. I was baffled! Did I miss an episode? Nope, it was just a rerun and I had to wait 3 months!

I just watced it again for the first time in a long time after a long day of work. I made a drink, took my pants off, and watched.

"Mr. Worf....fire."

How do you top THAT???

LOL as soon as I seen the topic I was going to say this I remember being pissed off because that was the season finale

..., took my pants off, ...

TMI !

There's no need to talk about how you assimilated yourself.

A few that I liked was season 1, 2, and 3 finales of LOST.

The last few episodes of Quantum Leap.

Friends where Ross was getting married.

Who shot JR would be number one in a real poll.

"Who shot Mr. Burns" was a great one and makes me wish for the days when Simpsons wasn't around souly to pimp other FOX stars and TV shows.

LOST had a lot of good cliffhangers. That show gets a bad rap, it was great Sci-Fi.

"Who shot Mr. Burns" was a great one and makes me wish for the days when Simpsons wasn't around souly to pimp other FOX stars and TV shows.

LOST had a lot of good cliffhangers. That show gets a bad rap, it was great Sci-Fi.

LOST was so great. It feels like as trendy as it was to like the show, it's now just as trendy to hate it. It was a fun ride, I didn't live and die by the show. LOST was king of cliffhangers, every step forward was two steps back and we all kept begging for more!

Forget season cliffhangers, for awhile there LOST was dropping bombs like every episode. It's like, here's another game changing nugget of information ANNNND Black screen with LOST Card. I think my words after every episode for the last couple of seasons was 'WTF.'

Alias was a good one for cliffhanger season endings for the first couple seasons. But then they were just trying to top themselves and they got silly and didn't deliver when the following season started.

And I don't know if it qualifies as a cliffhanger perse, but the final seconds of the first season of 24 were pretty intense.

I cannot accept the cliffhangers from LOST because they were never truly resolved. A think a cliffhanger is only as good as its conclusion, based soley on how they made you feel up to the cliffhanger is different but its hard for me to disassociate the fact they for all the hype of LOST, it was a terrible show..........

..., took my pants off, ...

TMI !

There's no need to talk about how you assimilated yourself.

I had my boxers on and I make no apologies. I work hard every single day :)

As longas it was boxers....if it was briefs,well that another thing all together....

I cannot accept the cliffhangers from LOST because they were never truly resolved. A think a cliffhanger is only as good as its conclusion, based soley on how they made you feel up to the cliffhanger is different but its hard for me to disassociate the fact they for all the hype of LOST, it was a terrible show..........

Good point, though I really enjoyed Lost. It really was the only show on at the time where I couldn't wait for the DVR to record, I had to see it live. Yeah for every answer we got, we got atleast two more questions, but it was all a part of the fun. Feeding us more questions then answers really sparked something with the audience other series hadn't done in this magnitude. I still contend that LOST is the modern king of cliffhangers.