Thor Movie

spidersam

"I don't mind Batman having a gun because he originally had a gun, and yeah he would throw gangsters off roofs once in a while."

Yeah, 70 years ago. I guess you wouldn't mind seeing him going into space fighting Galactus either.

Murdering Space Alien Fighter Batman=Yes. Black Costume Batman=No.

"You're right about the iron man movie, and I absolutely hated what they did with Nick Fury. But for me if the costume is terrible.. like thor, I don't feel like i'm watching a movie about thor, same for cap and green lantern."

He has a red cape, giant hammer and big circles on his chest but because he left his helmet at home for most of the film, got sleeves and didn't wear the boots of a LARPing reject it's no good. That's really sad.

THe only way to have done Iron Man "comic accurate" would've been to do a period piece b/c of communism, so i don't mind the changes. His costume has gone through countless redesigns so that's kinda hard to mess up.

If you think the only comic continuity errors in IM are Afghans and a black Nick Fury then you should go back and read some Iron Man history.

"I only chimed in b/c it was mentioned about people not seeing these movies for some of these reasons. I talked to Quesada about some of these things, and he's just convinced that the changes keep them relavent. I obviously disagree."

That's the smartest thing Joe Quesada (I'm assuming that's who you're referring to) has ever said. This might come as a shock to you Flounnderr, but when you make a superhero film/show/whatever in the 21st Century, it's probably best to relate it to the 21st Century.

BOO YA!

- The Champ

Well I had a feeling mentioning Smallville would just be used as amo against me. And I'm going to make Superpowers' day because that statue I mentioned? It's none other than the Brandon Routh Superman Returns version!

BAD Superman fan :)

PS. Anyone with a DCD Smallville Green Arrow to go next to my Clark, let me know!

PPS. sorry I lied about this:

That's as far off topic as I'll go.

:OT:

Well this whole argument is ridiculous. I've always found that knowledge on a subject outweighs how much merch you can buy.

• Like 1

Can someone answer me the following question... MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD!

Was LOKI Professor Erik Selvig the entire time or just at the end of the movie (after the credits). Or was the last scene just showing the two saying the exact same thing as a "coincidence"

just like the prison scene, loki was invisible, wispering words into the dr's ear...kinda like a pupet. the words came out of the dr's mouth but they where from loki himself.

i loved the movie! i was never even a big thor fan, but every thing about the film was very well done. the acting, the plot, the special effects, etc. i was highly impressed.

i agree with everyone elses impression of loki. i did feel simpothy for him and if a movie character can draw out that emotion from the fans than they have excelled at their job. odin and thor were casted perfectly as well. i would definitely go see it again :)

I liked the movie alot!! The supporting human characters were great, funny and done well!!! Loki was both sympathetic and coniving at the same time, great performance!! Odin was both majestic and fatherly as he should be! The Warrior's Three were perfect!! Thor was at first, vain, arumentative, and power hungry, but then he evolved into a true self sacrificing hero!! The battle scenes were great, geeked out when they included the hammer spin, I was 10 years old again!!! Asgard was not as impressive, well the castle at least!! The surrounding area was awesome though!!

My only gripe as has been with most recent Marvel movies, the ending battle goes by too quick!!! I really, really hope for a grand ending fight scene in the Avengers!!!!

Spoilers

I really hope that Loki isn't the only villain in the Avengers movie!!!

Overall i really enjoyed the movie. It was the first movie i had ever seen in imax, or 3D, so two new types of experience really helped color my opinion. I tried to look past it, and while I extremely enjoyed the movie I did not a couple of fairly big problems. I simply can't believe Thor fell in love with Jane at that time, it was just flirting, nothing major, there was no love. The process of redemption for Thor was far too quick, It seemed like at some point it should have cut, and picked up much later, or possibly stretch the overall story, and only at times he is needed can he have the hammer in till he fully redeems himself on earth. While not as bad as x -3, it did feel like there were a few too many plots used here that could have been fleshed out to a full movie. Still that aside, It was so fun. I didn't even mind most of the custom changes, though i did wish Thor wore his helmet in battle. I look forward to more.

And on a semi related note, It's a crime we haven't got an Agent Coulson action figure.

I am guessing we will see an epic battle between Hulk and The Avengers...

The geeky fanboy in me would want to see a live action Wolverine vs Hulk scrap.

Too bad the beancounters at Fox would never go for it. Boo hiss to Fox.

It's nice to know you can be away for two days in a Thor thread and certain members are deciding who's a true Superman fan and who isn't.

I love how YJB talks about his hardcovers and his statues and the one thing that gets singled out is his Smallville collection, which according to the newly invented Super Fan-O-Meter automatically kicks YJB out of the Superman Fan Club.

Next thing you know that member will be complaining about his rating again (even though he's on record saying he "doesn't care about it" and considers negatives a "badge of honor") and blaming everyone except himself for derailing yet another topic.

Oh. One down, one to go.

Dude, get a life seriously. You troll around and complain about people's comments and belief's more than you actually contribute anything. Oh and yes people are entitled to whatever measure they choose in a situation and IMO his love of Smallville is a crack against his claim of loving Superman.

Also I didn't derail the topic, I wasn't the one who mentioned Superman in the context that you claim derailed the topic, maybe if you get your head out your rear and actually read the posts you could see clearly and respond appropiately next time, then again that takes integrity to do those things........so going off of history I guess I shouldn't expect that much from you.

• Like 1

Well I had a feeling mentioning Smallville would just be used as amo against me. And I'm going to make Superpowers' day because that statue I mentioned? It's none other than the Brandon Routh Superman Returns version!

BAD Superman fan :)

001-10.jpg

PS. Anyone with a DCD Smallville Green Arrow to go next to my Clark, let me know!

PPS. sorry I lied about this:

That's as far off topic as I'll go.

:OT:

A shelf fit for a sissy, Smallville and Superman Returns...........hahahaha, stop labeling yourself as a Supes fan, its embarrassing to the rest of us................LOL

At the very least Tom Welling made a decent Clark and would of been really good as Superman. Look at that shelf, Clark as a teen looks more masculine than the finished, and more resolved Superman Returns character. Absurd

• Like 1

That is one thing I was wondering from the Avengers movie. We saw that Bruce Banner had some level of control over the Hulk in the final film, so will it start off with him not being in control and eventually getting there? I think maybe he should lose some level of control and the Avengers go against him then they unite with a more controlled Hulk. Anyway its going to be interesting.

• Like 1

What did everyone think of the 3D? I saw it on a non Imax screen and really wasn't too impressed with that aspect of it. I'll probably save $3 and skip the 3D for the rest of my summer comic book movies.

Thor/Hulk fight would be good. I'm really going to miss Norton as Banner. Just watched Incredible Hulk the other day and he was really good.

Fox should forfeit the rights to make comic movies if the next Wolverine movie is bad... How the hell can you mess up Wolverine?...

That is one thing I was wondering from the Avengers movie. We saw that Bruce Banner had some level of control over the Hulk in the final film, so will it start off with him not being in control and eventually getting there? I think maybe he should lose some level of control and the Avengers go against him then they unite with a more controlled Hulk. Anyway its going to be interesting.

They should do the uncontrolled Hulk for at least the first movie...

A shelf fit for a sissy, Smallville and Superman Returns...........hahahaha, stop labeling yourself as a Supes fan, its embarrassing to the rest of us

For real?

Between this and my "weak" GI Joe/Avengers display http://forums.toynew...owtopic=2080491 what else don't you like? I probably have toys of them too.

Dude you have any Transformer and GI Joe movie figures?.....I really hate those

Dude, I really don't like Smallville or SR, also I don't care for the new Joes and the new Marvel figures but it wasn't meant to be truly mean, just bustin' your chops. No real harm intended, I like how we are at the opposing ends of the Spectrum and are passionate about what we like, it brings flavor to the boards. Also when we do go at it, it still has a peace to it, it never escalates which is a good thing!

• Like 1

What did everyone think of the 3D? I saw it on a non Imax screen and really wasn't too impressed with that aspect of it. I'll probably save $3 and skip the 3D for the rest of my summer comic book movies.

Thor/Hulk fight would be good. I'm really going to miss Norton as Banner. Just watched Incredible Hulk the other day and he was really good.

I personally hate the 3D experience and avoid it at all cost. The 3D effect bothers my eyes and visually it doesn't impress me. If you watch a movie on a really good screen then you don't need to see it in 3D. I saw PJ's King Kong on an amazing screen and it seemed so real that I thought I was getting vertigo watching the end scene.

Norton was good as Banner, is he not going to be in the next film?

Fox should forfeit the rights to make comic movies if the next Wolverine movie is bad... How the hell can you mess up Wolverine?...

They should do the uncontrolled Hulk for at least the first movie...

That is very true, to mess up Wolverine and even Deadpool means that you are below average in every sense of the word when it comes to movie making. Also from the first X movie to the Wolvie movie they still can't make a decent Sabretooth to save their lives.

A shelf fit for a sissy, Smallville and Superman Returns...........hahahaha, stop labeling yourself as a Supes fan, its embarrassing to the rest of us

For real?

Between this and my "weak" GI Joe/Avengers display http://forums.toynew...owtopic=2080491 what else don't you like? I probably have toys of them too.

I do. Bay Prime and Channing Tatum Duke in all their....ummmmm, glory?

"Dude, get a life seriously."

Says the guy who comes into a Thor thread telling people who's a good Superman fan and who isn't.

This site is for a bunch of grown men to talk about toys and comic books. No one here is in a position to tell others to get a life.

"You troll around and complain about people's comments and belief's more than you actually contribute anything."

More hypocrisy from the resident hypocrite. YJB likes Smallville and has a Superman Returns statue and you said:

"A shelf fit for a sissy, Smallville and Superman Returns...........hahahaha, stop labeling yourself as a Supes fan, its embarrassing to the rest of us"

Maybe you forgot it was you who started this crap by saying YJB isn't a big Superman fan. That contributed what exactly? To your blatant homophobia? Oh wait wait wait you're not a homophobe, you just think YJB likes to dress like a chick.

I forgot, these things are never your fault. You just had to defend the honor of Christopher Reeve. We've seen this show before, YJB wasn't the first person to trash your beloved Donner films.

"Oh and yes people are entitled to whatever measure they choose in a situation and IMO his love of Smallville is a crack against his claim of loving Superman."

Didn't we lose like 30 threads because Xorrion would come in to one of your "VS" threads, create "whatever measure he chose in a situation" followed by you going crazy because he left certain parameters out because he didn't like them?

But now it's ok because we don't want anyone desecrating the legacy of the Man of Steel. Tell everyone again you're not a hypocrite.

"Also I didn't derail the topic..."

Yeah, you did. Let me refresh your memory:

Also you are far from a huge Superman fan.

You couldn't just talk about Superman vs. Thor, you just had to throw that shot in. I'm curious as to how that was relevant to anything related here.

"...then again that takes integrity to do those things........so going off of history I guess I shouldn't expect that much from you."

I won't be lectured on integrity by someone with multiple suspensions, a blatant history of hypocrisy, a blatant history of getting into an argument with anyone that had a different opinion, and someone who associated himself with racist stalkers like MastaKilla and trolls the likes of gMAMON and h3llfish.

Now comes the comeback with "asshat" and "you and VH were real tight" and "I don't hate gays" and "also i'm not the hypocrite you're the hypocrite" and "get a life" (again) and "stop leaving me negatives losers" and "stop stalking me" and "if you actually read my post you'd see I said I couldn't defend Superman changing time but it's still better than the Thor ending because it's real so I actually did defend it" and so on and so forth.

• Like 2

"Dude, get a life seriously."

Says the guy who comes into a Thor thread telling people who's a good Superman fan and who isn't.

This site is for a bunch of grown men to talk about toys and comic books. No one here is in a position to tell others to get a life.

"You troll around and complain about people's comments and belief's more than you actually contribute anything."

More hypocrisy from the resident hypocrite. YJB likes Smallville and has a Superman Returns statue and you said:

"A shelf fit for a sissy, Smallville and Superman Returns...........hahahaha, stop labeling yourself as a Supes fan, its embarrassing to the rest of us"

Maybe you forgot it was you who started this crap by saying YJB isn't a big Superman fan. That contributed what exactly? To your blatant homophobia? Oh wait wait wait you're not a homophobe, you just think YJB likes to dress like a chick.

I forgot, these things are never your fault. You just had to defend the honor of Christopher Reeve. We've seen this show before, YJB wasn't the first person to trash your beloved Donner films.

"Oh and yes people are entitled to whatever measure they choose in a situation and IMO his love of Smallville is a crack against his claim of loving Superman."

Didn't we lose like 30 threads because Xorrion would come in to one of your "VS" threads, create "whatever measure he chose in a situation" followed by you going crazy because he left certain parameters out because he didn't like them?

But now it's ok because we don't want anyone desecrating the legacy of the Man of Steel. Tell everyone again you're not a hypocrite.

"Also I didn't derail the topic..."

Yeah, you did. Let me refresh your memory:

Also you are far from a huge Superman fan.

You couldn't just talk about Superman vs. Thor, you just had to throw that shot in. I'm curious as to how that was relevant to anything related here.

"...then again that takes integrity to do those things........so going off of history I guess I shouldn't expect that much from you."

I won't be lectured on integrity by someone with multiple suspensions, a blatant history of hypocrisy, a blatant history of getting into an argument with anyone that had a different opinion, and someone who associated himself with racist stalkers like MastaKilla and trolls the likes of gMAMON and h3llfish.

Now comes the comeback with "asshat" and "you and VH were real tight" and "I don't hate gays" and "also i'm not the hypocrite you're the hypocrite" and "get a life" (again) and "stop leaving me negatives losers" and "stop stalking me" and "if you actually read my post you'd see I said I couldn't defend Superman changing time but it's still better than the Thor ending because it's real so I actually did defend it" and so on and so forth.

1. Me and YJB are grown and our issue isn't even a big thing. Things blow up when you add your filthy two cents in. It's over anyway and was when you commented, you should of left it alone but you never do because of some false, flawed, perverted sense of righteous indignation.

2. I mentioned Superman first but that wasn't what derailed the topic, seriously pay attention. It was my comment about Thor having a cheap move and YJB mentioned the Donner films................and if you actually paid attention, I agreed with him!!!!

3. Yes, the people you sided with were racist but you didn't see it because they were your friends. Oh and you know what's funny is that I have been suspended twice by "your" mod friends because of situations in forums that magically seem to blow up once you just happen to troll in and throw gas on the fire, just like now.

4. It's funny how you quote what I do, everything I have done..........stalker, you are a stalker!!!!!

you have proven time and time again that you are without sound reasoning, everything you say is some perverted distortion of reality.

For real?

I do. Bay Prime and Channing Tatum Duke in all their....ummmmm, glory?

ARRRGGG........the better question is what is it you really don't like and see if we can match up that way.

I personally hate the 3D experience and avoid it at all cost. The 3D effect bothers my eyes and visually it doesn't impress me. If you watch a movie on a really good screen then you don't need to see it in 3D. I saw PJ's King Kong on an amazing screen and it seemed so real that I thought I was getting vertigo watching the end scene.

Thats is what I heard last... Its a shame... To be fair Eric Bana made a good Bruce Banner as well... Its Ang Lee who screwed up that film... They should go with Jim Caviezel if Norton is truly not returning...

Thats is what I heard last... Its a shame... To be fair Eric Bana made a good Bruce Banner as well... Its Ang Lee who screwed up that film... They should go with Jim Caviezel if Norton is truly not returning...

At the very least the actor who plays Bruce Banner is not the most important part of the Hulk........any half-talented actor can play Banner, it's the hulk that is the most important aspect. Doing that right and getting a decent story are the most important pieces.

For the record I don't care what anyone thinks about anything I collect.

Superpowers, though you've bashed my stuff two or three times, I am not responsible for any of your negatives, ever. I don't give people -1. For that matter, I don't give +1s either. I like balance in my life.

Also Superpowers, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to call off our Smallville finale get together tonight. I know you're looking forward to seeing Welling the the SR super suit and following it up with a "Lois and Clark:The New Adventures of Superman" marathon, and maybe a pillow fight...but I'm off to go fishing for 3 days.

Peace out, Thor fans.