AOTS SDCC Exclusive Swamp Thing

jjlecaros

Figure looks awsome...packaging looks great and the new "skin" to hide the joints works for the character. the exclusive part is the unmen that come seperate from the figure. Gonna have to pick up a couple of these at SDCC

they also showed a 15 in ch movie master Kilowag....not an exclusive but first place you can buy it.

Not to sure if I want Swamp Thing or not. He looks cool looking but I just don't fill it. I know I remember long time ago he was in one of the Batman comics I saw and I think he was in the Epicso mini series but I just not sure if I want him or not.

I am surely excited to get a SwampThing. The UnMen are "eh" for me, if I had to wait and get him on matty instead of at SDCC, I think I wouldn't throw a fit like if I missed out on Gleek or something similar.

But whats kinda giving me pause is that skin texture over the joints? Is that gonna be that stuff that ends up disintegrating after a year or two? You know what I'm talkng about. Like the mouth on the CaveTroll from LOTR, or the talking Yoda from a few years ago. Its that spongey soft rubber stuff that just deteriorates after a year or two and your left with an ugly looking frame underneath. Maybe their using a different kind of material know, or maybe they've improved the design. or maybe they haven't. It would surely suck to buy this exclusive figure and have it be gone down the line.

And that Movie Master Kilowog is frickin' HUGE.

really not a lot for me to buy this year looks like its just marvel stuff so far & maybe staypuft .... the price is killer though at $70! that is a good 7 hours of my time working right there

You're exactly Right My friend, Rollo. The Kilowog will probably be available in the Upcoming line of the GREEN LANTERN, and you can most likely get him anywhere so he's a complete PASS for me, The Voltron--again a PASS, because the Cartoon is pretty much dead and that thing is just another paperweight-- Swamp Thing will likely go what so many latex FIGURES have gone through throughout the YEARS-- The Yoda, The Talking INDIANA JONES Doll, The LOTR troll, The Sen. Kelly from X-MEN, The list goes on NOT to mention That MATTEL will play their Games again with Collectors

Since 6 years Mattel has NEVER shown complete interest in the Collector's Market-- I'm a Professional and I go to the Comic Con every year and have been doing so for 15+Years the Only thing i got from Mattel was the LOBO, I'm not a Horder or a scalper trying to make a fast buck on EBAY. I'm a COLLECTOR and I only want 2 Figures, One to keep in Package, The other to Open and desplay. sure, they made GREAT FIGURES from Both MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS & DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS but the THINGS they had to pull to screw you from Getting Their Products, from The WONDER TWINS to The ORKO some collectors were able to get their Prize goodie with NO troubles some not so fortunate-- If you're like me and many others try befriending a Dealer you may have to pay about $10.00 more but you least won't have to put up with the Hassle.

I wish all of you LUCK on getting The SDCC Exclusives.

You're exactly Right My friend, Rollo. The Kilowog will probably be available in the Upcoming line of the GREEN LANTERN, and you can most likely get him anywhere so he's a complete PASS for me, The Voltron--again a PASS, because the Cartoon is pretty much dead and that thing is just another paperweight-- Swamp Thing will likely go what so many latex FIGURES have gone through throughout the YEARS-- The Yoda, The Talking INDIANA JONES Doll, The LOTR troll, The Sen. Kelly from X-MEN, The list goes on NOT to mention That MATTEL will play their Games again with Collectors

Since 6 years Mattel has NEVER shown complete interest in the Collector's Market-- I'm a Professional and I go to the Comic Con every year and have been doing so for 15+Years the Only thing i got from Mattel was the LOBO, I'm not a Horder or a scalper trying to make a fast buck on EBAY. I'm a COLLECTOR and I only want 2 Figures, One to keep in Package, The other to Open and desplay. sure, they made GREAT FIGURES from Both MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS & DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS but the THINGS they had to pull to screw you from Getting Their Products, from The WONDER TWINS to The ORKO some collectors were able to get their Prize goodie with NO troubles some not so fortunate-- If you're like me and many others try befriending a Dealer you may have to pay about $10.00 more but you least won't have to put up with the Hassle.

I wish all of you LUCK on getting The SDCC Exclusives.

Voltron is making a comeback

Yeah, he looks insanely awesome, but with figures like this, I'm always afraid the "skin" will tear/crack if I move the joints around. We'll see. I have actually never had any problems with my cave troll...almost a decade later, he still looks awesome with Legolas standing on his head.

How big is Swampy? For $30, I'd hope he's at least as big as Lobo. If he's normal sized, that's basically $15 for the base and packaging(unless you're at the con and get the Un-Men). The packaging just seems like a waste anyways...I'd guess MOC collectors would rather be able to actually see the figure, and openers will just throw the thing away. I'd rather have a normal package if it lowers the price.

swamp thing is a great figure but with that plastic around him i believe i pass. i dont know it yet. my lotr cavetroll is such a mess. i thought that mattel knew after clayface that this is not an option. great character choice but badly executed.

Good thing I don't care about SWAMP THING as a character...EPIC PASS.

And while I'm at it, these SDCC "exclusives" really do tick me off. Sorry, but I can't afford the time or the $2,500 cross-country airfare + hotel + admittance fee to come to SDCC and get one.

It'd be nice if MATTEL would give collectors around the country a shot at the "exclusives" at the major cons in New York, Chicago, and elsewhere, instead of just San Diego. And offering them later on MATTYCOLLECTOR is not exactly a good solution, either; supplies are limited, the website is often non-functional with high-traffic, and you can't get the extras (like Gleek, or Plastic-Man's suitcase).

Oh, well...I never got Plastic-Man, either, and I survived...

MatSDCC11DCUCSwamp1.jpg

I will probably get the SDCC Swamp Thing, never open him and call it a day. I think its nice for fans to finally get this figure since he is sooooo dang demanded. That extra layer sucks though

Also those flowers and mushroons growing on him just makes me itch, if he was just all leafy and branchy that would be fine but the flowers and rooms are a little too much...............its one of those particulars

SWAMP THING!!! Lol. DCUC Swampy looks sooooo cool. I *knew* they'd do something pretty awesome once they got to him. I hope they've engineered the outer material on the figure in a way that is sturdy, and so that the paint doesn't chip away like on Clayface. I'm pretty excited to see the figure and unique packaging. I'd hate to miss the Unmen sculpts, but they don't seem as essential to me as past goodies like Gleek or Plas as a suitcase. The only figure I really feel I have to get this year, except for maybe the new Marvel Legends stuff. But I do have to say that all of the other items for this year look great. The Queen Marlena figure is really impressive.

This is pretty exciting for me. I've got a friend who can pick this up at the 'con, so I'll get the Un-Men! I think it's only worth the price if you can manage to get the Un-Men...

BTW, those aren't just any old Un-Men; they're the two most important ones, Cranius and Ophidian!