Let's talk about the PS3 hack here

yojoebro82

Seems like a better idea to just start a thread than carry on a conversation through status updates.

Anyhow,

I'm kinda worried that some nerd hacker living in mom's basment may or may not have my debit card info. Will PS be notifying people who's info was stolen? Should I contact my bank? What are you all doing, if anything?

It's been my understanding that the PSN is undergoing some changes. This has alot to do with recent hackers getting into systems such as Cell Phone Companies to even Unemployment Web Sights. It was even on CNN 3 weeks ago. I received a letter about my personal info getting leaked, and they wanted money from me to keep it secure.

To me this is a high-tech protection racket. They scare you into thinking that your identity can be easily stolen and they want money for "insurance". :rolleyes: I may have fallen off of a turnip truck, but that was 37 years ago. DO NOT GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFO UNLESS YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE GIVING IT TO. @usa@

That's my advice.

Seems like a better idea to just start a thread than carry on a conversation through status updates.

Anyhow,

I'm kinda worried that some nerd hacker living in mom's basment may or may not have my debit card info. Will PS be notifying people who's info was stolen? Should I contact my bank? What are you all doing, if anything?

I would request a new debit card just in case... In the future I suggest using those prepaid cards...

I would say you should probably cancel your card just to be on the safe side. If you used a VISA, you should be protected in the event that you are hit with fraud, so it won't be the end of the world if you do get hit with fraud, you can charge it back.

There are indeed too many scams out there asking people for their personal info. I work with fraud, chargebacks, and issues like this at a financial institution. It always astounds me the number of people whose story goes something like "I got a pop up on my computer saying I had a virus and to enter my credit card number to fix the problem so I did" It's just unreal that people can just give out info like that.

Kinda of funny when you think back 30 years ago people used to get their checks with there social security numbers printed on them. Now that would be instant financial death, infact I don't think a bank would even order your checks that way. People are theives to the highest degree, if someone has the opportunity to put one over on you, they will try.

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9EbEp3w6dgA&h=2f3b4

party supposedly responsible for it and its supposedly because of the hack.

All I can say is THANK GOD I don't own a PS3.

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9EbEp3w6dgA&h=2f3b4

that is fawking awesome :) I will LOL if sony or psp whatever caves hahah power to the hackers @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

• Like 1

Couldn't care less about playing games online. One time I tried it, I got my ass handed to me multiple times in Street Fighter 4. Pretty sure my info is on file though because I bought a couple little things like Juggernaut for Ultimate Alliance 2 and a skin that makes my Force Unleashed guy look like Luke Skywalker.

I dont' even play video games that much!

I just don't want my debit card info in the hands of no-lifes who run around chanting "we are legion!" while they pat themselves on the back for their "wicked hack", all before being called up to dinner by mom.

I just don't want my debit card info in the hands of no-lifes who run around chanting "we are legion!" while they pat themselves on the back for their "wicked hack", all before being called up to dinner by mom.

Yeah it really makes you think "damn, I wish I wasn't such an honest person"

well the hackers are mad because ps took out features that were supposed to be on the PS3. They took them off in one of their updates, and this guy hacked the ps3 so you could do said features. ps3 took action on the guy and everybody that visited his youtube videos....so now this....or so the video says.........glad I have a 360.

There no doubt there a coalition between the hacked free network and the non hacked pay one. Glad I paid for 360.

Btw, just because Sony decides to remove features doesn't mean they should be hacked. Just saying.

• Like 1

well the hackers are mad because ps took out features that were supposed to be on the PS3. They took them off in one of their updates, and this guy hacked the ps3 so you could do said features. ps3 took action on the guy and everybody that visited his youtube videos....so now this

Really couldn't give a rat's @$$ what their justification is. Hackers see one of their own face consequences for his illegal action and start to cry for "retribution". Once again, get a life! Go circle jerk yourselves and leave my personal info alone!

Anyhow, going to the bank to change my account number today. I'm sure it will be hastle-free :rolleyes: Thanks, nerds.

• Like 1

I would say you should probably cancel your card just to be on the safe side. If you used a VISA, you should be protected in the event that you are hit with fraud, so it won't be the end of the world if you do get hit with fraud, you can charge it back.

There are indeed too many scams out there asking people for their personal info. I work with fraud, chargebacks, and issues like this at a financial institution. It always astounds me the number of people whose story goes something like "I got a pop up on my computer saying I had a virus and to enter my credit card number to fix the problem so I did" It's just unreal that people can just give out info like that.

Kinda of funny when you think back 30 years ago people used to get their checks with there social security numbers printed on them. Now that would be instant financial death, infact I don't think a bank would even order your checks that way. People are theives to the highest degree, if someone has the opportunity to put one over on you, they will try.

I was forced to write my SS number on exams in college... People were just careless about these things back then...

well the hackers are mad because ps took out features that were supposed to be on the PS3. They took them off in one of their updates, and this guy hacked the ps3 so you could do said features. ps3 took action on the guy and everybody that visited his youtube videos....so now this....or so the video says.........glad I have a 360.

True. The attacks happened is because the hackers are not only mad that Geohotz was sued by Sony, but they also excuse Sony of getting IP numbers from various sites that supports the ps3 homebrew scene.

However, the only reason Sony took out OpenOs, a feature no one really uses (it was a linux operating system for the ps3), is because of George hotz breaching into the ps3 consoles to try to insert homebrew.

There no doubt there a coalition between the hacked free network and the non hacked pay one. Glad I paid for 360.

Btw, just because Sony decides to remove features doesn't mean they should be hacked. Just saying.

I agree. The reason Sony removed it was that it was a way for George Hotz to hack the system.

However, the main concern of the hack attacks is because of the guy being sent to court by Sony and because of the ip address gathering. However, the latter seems a bit silly since ip addresses can be gathered anywhere. Hell, Jay C has all our ip addresses.

It doesn't mean that 360 is immuned to hack attacks just because it is a paid service. They recently upped their security because of the psn attacks. They were having scam issues over there as well, but in the form of ppl messaging you asking for your cc information. Nothing as bad as what happened with the psn, however

that is fawking awesome :) I will LOL if sony or psp whatever caves hahah power to the hackers @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

I like you as a friend, but sometimes you say stuff that requires a negative. @smilepunch@