too many accessories

averagejoe

okay i've heard all the arguements and whoever said cutting back on accessories to get more figures wouldn't work is right cause hasbro is using the molds over and over and to better clairfy it for me is just to many small pieces to keep track of as to having more figures in a assortment i just wish they would release waves a little faster or they would start putting out army builder cases inbetween new waves of new figures.

Head to Wal Mart and pick up a fishing tackle box. I got this one for $20. It has been a life saver. The compartments are adjustable, It even has a large section for bigger accessories, such as the Shock Trooper Shied. When it's closed, the compartments are relatively air tight, so accessories can't slip into other compartments. I put Low Light's bullets in a little zip loc baggie to be safe though.

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

joes gone up a Dollar at my local Zellers they're now 11 dollars so I better get extra accessories for that price

I read this and thought "holy crap this guy lives in the middle of nowhere in some Canadian field" then I clicked on your profile, spystreak and saw that you live where I'm moving to in a couple years haha. Crap, looks like I'm gonna be spending way too much on Joes pretty soon.

Remember the time when JVC was popular and people complained that the figures came with less accessories? We action figure collectors are sure fickle about things.

Haha. There's just no pleasing some people. Some of us like tons of accessories, and others like just having a few. I'm of the mindset that you can never have too many.

Nah, I say the more the merrier in accesories. I'm with everyone else. If I'm paying this kind of money for a toy, I'm totally for extra accesories. They're soldiers. They can never have too many weapons ;)

And Peter, that fishing tackle box is a BRILLIANT idea. I'll have to do that some day

Okay, I can appreciate everyone's view point, but here is the way I see it. I own all 520 vintage aRAH figures and it bugs me that I'm having so much trouble completing their accessories. As a kid I rarely lost a gun or a helmet. The ridiculous pieces like Heavy Metal's mic that i lost as a kid are crazy expensive, and even before it was valuable as a kid I was pissed he wasn't complete once I lost it. Now we have these guys with 20 pieces (I lost the stupid bullet before i knew he came with it) and I'm just thinking about how much of a pain it will be to keep these guys complete. The 25th ann. Gung Ho has a nice grenade launcher that opens up and has a little sight and also falls apart constantly. The detail gets in the way of playability. Ever since JvC the arrow on Scarlett's crossbow has been it's own piece. My 1982 version still has it's arrow because it's part of the weapon and I had no problem pretending it shot the arrow. I like the alt. heads and a few extra bits, but super tiny knives that only stay in holders with rubber bands, bullets, silencers that come off guns are crazy.

I love the parts and the detail, but it's overboard. When Joe was on top in the mid 80's everyone had unique accessories. Hasbro also doesn't currently reuse every accessory.In addition the toys have gotten so expensive I don't know how any kid can afford this stuff.

Remember the time when JVC was popular and people complained that the figures came with less accessories? We action figure collectors are sure fickle about things.

Haha. There's just no pleasing some people. Some of us like tons of accessories, and others like just having a few. I'm of the mindset that you can never have too many.

Maybe Hasbro can make a budget ver like they did with JVC whereas there is the normal version and a version with less accessories