NBA PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

DarthJoe

No. They're trying to get #2 to go with #1 and #4.

Wow this draft isn't that deep. Who do they want, Kyrie and Williams sure, but then knight goes third and the draft is done.

So, who's everyone taking in the finals?

I'm gonna go with Miami, 4-2.

It's funny you said that, because every where I look, I see the opposite from fans. I love reading comments on Yahoo Sports. Their articles are pretty much throw away material, but the comments are where it's at. There has been so much hate for LeBron and the Heat all year, especially in the playoffs. 1st round, all I heard was "Miami will fall apart because they don't know how to play as a team. They'll be lucky to get past Philly, but they won't be able to take on the Celtics in the next round." The beat Philly, and face the Celtics, all I hear is "The Celtics have real teamwork, and a much deeper bench. There's no way Miami gets past these guys. LeBron can't beat the Celtics. He'll choke and quit like he did last year." Five games later all you heard was "There's no way they can beat the Bulls. They're the best team in the league. They have the MVP. They have home court. Miami might get one down the road, but this year, it's Chicago." After the game one blowout by the Bulls, "See, Lebron has been exposed. He'll never be as good as Mike (a comparison, quite frankly, I'm sick of). The choke has begun." Four games later, "Dallas is going to stop LeBron. There's no way he can score on Dallas' defense. Dirk is going to shut him down (which totally baffled me, because one thing Dirk is not known for is his defense). Miami can't beat Dallas (which actually had some facts behind it. 0-14 in the regular season. But what they failed to mention was the 4-2 in the Finals during that same time)." I'm just ready for someone to say "These guys might actually be good enough to win it all."

Why does the NBA do the draft this way? I'm used to seeing it like with MLB where the worst team gets the first pick, 2nd worst gets 2nd pick, and so on.

In theory so teams wont throw games... We see a lot of that in football...

Of course, this is also how San Antonio got Tim Duncan. David Robinson had been injured for most of the season. When he was 100% healthy, with about 20 games left in the season, they sat him with the intent on having the worst record. While they still have the lottery, the worse off your team is, the better chance you have at number. Sure enough, San Antonio got #1, picked Duncan, and the rest is history.

And they call Miami the Cheats for getting players to agree to take less money to sign with their team to play together. No double standard there.

Just got done reading another Yahoo comment (I love these guys). This guy says LeBron can win 10 rings, and it won't matter because he left to team up with his draft class in Miami. He says he didn't stay with a bad team in Cleveland like Mike did in Chicago and Kobe in LA. Yeah, I couldn't let that slide. Not that I'm a huge LeBron fan (but I stick with my Florida teams, Go Heat!), but that is just plain dumb to say something like that. Here was my reply:

Are you serious?

Jordan sticking with the Bulls? Like that was a bad thing? Pippen - one of the 50 greatest. I didn't say it, the NBA did. Horace Grant - All Star rebounder that could give you a double double on any night. BJ Armstrong - All Star point guard with enough control to facilitate the triangle offense. John Paxon - Oh yeah, the guy that hit more big game shots than Big Shot Rob Horry. Later 3 championships, Dennis Rodman - best big man defender ever. They don't even make it to the finals if Rodman doesn't get in Shaq's head in Superman's last season in Orlando. Toni Kukoc was Dirk Nowitzki before Dirk even picked up a basketball. Ron Harper - people thought he would be the next Jordan out west before his injury. They still thought he was going to be great. Chicago thought enough to bring him in after Jordan left to play baseball. Steve Kerr - Mr. John Paxon Jr here. Big shots when they were needed, good ball control the rest of the time.

As for Kobe staying with the Lakers. He better have. Where else can he be the sidekick and get all the recognition of the number one guy? Kobe rode Shaq's coattails to his first three championships. And then he did the same with Gasol for the next two. Let's not forget, Kobe was demanding to be traded before they landed Gasol. Kobe was ready to quit on that Laker team without a second thought. And he never did it alone. He couldn't. Without an all star center taking the double teams, Kobe's Lakers were mediocre at best.

NO ONE can win one on his own. The closest in recent history has been Hakeem with the first Rockets championship. But even his role players were looked at in a much different light after that title. Guys like Robert Horry and Kenny Smith.

So what if LeBron teamed up with some other guys to win. Cleveland wasn't going to bring anyone there to help him. 7 years, and the best you could bring in was Antwan Jamison? Give me a break. I'd leave too.

Cleveland is now a punishment destination. Just ask Baron Davis. Nobody wants to go there. It was hard enough to bring in help when they had LeBron, the two time MVP. Miami is a hot spot destination. And their management, unlike Cleveland, is top notch. Look how quick Dan Gilbert turned into the spurned ex wife after LeBron left. He had been kissing his butt just 24 hours prior. I'll take guys like Pat Riley over Dan Gilbert any day.

I'm not a fan of revisionist history. Everyone has been trying to say that the greats can win it all by themselves, when it has never happened. The Celtic, the Lakers, how many guys from those Championships are in the Hall already? Come on people.

• Like 1

Just got done reading another Yahoo comment (I love these guys). This guy says LeBron can win 10 rings, and it won't matter because he left to team up with his draft class in Miami. He says he didn't stay with a bad team in Cleveland like Mike did in Chicago and Kobe in LA. Yeah, I couldn't let that slide. Not that I'm a huge LeBron fan (but I stick with my Florida teams, Go Heat!), but that is just plain dumb to say something like that. Here was my reply:

Are you serious?

Jordan sticking with the Bulls? Like that was a bad thing? Pippen - one of the 50 greatest. I didn't say it, the NBA did. Horace Grant - All Star rebounder that could give you a double double on any night. BJ Armstrong - All Star point guard with enough control to facilitate the triangle offense. John Paxon - Oh yeah, the guy that hit more big game shots than Big Shot Rob Horry. Later 3 championships, Dennis Rodman - best big man defender ever. They don't even make it to the finals if Rodman doesn't get in Shaq's head in Superman's last season in Orlando. Toni Kukoc was Dirk Nowitzki before Dirk even picked up a basketball. Ron Harper - people thought he would be the next Jordan out west before his injury. They still thought he was going to be great. Chicago thought enough to bring him in after Jordan left to play baseball. Steve Kerr - Mr. John Paxon Jr here. Big shots when they were needed, good ball control the rest of the time.

As for Kobe staying with the Lakers. He better have. Where else can he be the sidekick and get all the recognition of the number one guy? Kobe rode Shaq's coattails to his first three championships. And then he did the same with Gasol for the next two. Let's not forget, Kobe was demanding to be traded before they landed Gasol. Kobe was ready to quit on that Laker team without a second thought. And he never did it alone. He couldn't. Without an all star center taking the double teams, Kobe's Lakers were mediocre at best.

NO ONE can win one on his own. The closest in recent history has been Hakeem with the first Rockets championship. But even his role players were looked at in a much different light after that title. Guys like Robert Horry and Kenny Smith.

So what if LeBron teamed up with some other guys to win. Cleveland wasn't going to bring anyone there to help him. 7 years, and the best you could bring in was Antwan Jamison? Give me a break. I'd leave too.

Cleveland is now a punishment destination. Just ask Baron Davis. Nobody wants to go there. It was hard enough to bring in help when they had LeBron, the two time MVP. Miami is a hot spot destination. And their management, unlike Cleveland, is top notch. Look how quick Dan Gilbert turned into the spurned ex wife after LeBron left. He had been kissing his butt just 24 hours prior. I'll take guys like Pat Riley over Dan Gilbert any day.

I'm not a fan of revisionist history. Everyone has been trying to say that the greats can win it all by themselves, when it has never happened. The Celtic, the Lakers, how many guys from those Championships are in the Hall already? Come on people.

Sure one person can win it all. Dwayne Wade did. And he had that big worthless lump Shaq on his back when he did it.

That Shaq was still a presence on the offensive side. And Zo was the biggest defensive presence of the entire series. Plus the collective team of the Heat that year was not a bunch of scrubs. While they may not have been in their primes, they still had some great players. Zo, Payton, A. Walker, even Jason Williams was still relevant then. I know it's hard to believe with how they are now. Heck, I would take the Christian Laetner of 2006 over the Juwan Howard of 2011 in any series. And that series made guys like James Posey seem like they were worth taking a chance on in free agency. And who can forget the only other guy that was with Wade on that team that's still there today, Udonis Haslem. He was a pain for Dallas. He could spot up at the top of the key and just reign jumpers all day while playing above his level defense. Wade took that team on his shoulders, and willed them to the win, but those guys were still viable players in the series.

Sure one person can win it all. Dwayne Wade did. And he had that big worthless lump Shaq on his back when he did it.

Ya, Shaq was hardly worthless that year. It was probably his last good year. He was still putting up 20 points and 10 rebounds a game, and was actually capable of playing more than ten to fifteen minutes per game.

And, like Crimson Twins said, Mourning was a force to be reckoned with defensively as well, and was still able to give them a little offense.

Sure, Wade pulled a lot of the weight on that team, but he definitely didn't do it alone.

man... game 1 was bad for dallas... it seemed to me like the refs have been given their orders... make sure to give the Heat plenty of calls...

I just kept seeing them getting calls that shouldn't have been.. and on the opposite end the mavericks were getting fouled alot going to the hoop but they weren't getting the same calls.

anyhow.. I am pulling for the Mavs.. I really dislike Labron James.. and I hate seeing the refs treat him like he can do no wrong... and he is a jerkoff too.. anybody see him pull that BS acting job last game against the Bulls?... he acted like Derek Rose punched him in the face, he even fell to the floor.. However, the replays showed Rose never even touched him. He got the foul call of course.

Also, they need to get Van Gundy out of the freakin commentators box! I can't stand the guy or hearing him kiss the HEAT's ass all game long.. it's almost as bad as when Bill Walton was all up on the Lakers' nuts during the games.

As far as the fouls go, both teams had almost the same, and IIRC, Dallas actually had two more. Also, the people that have been saying that Miami has been getting more calls, it really comes down to their style of play. They have two of the best slashers in the game. They attack the basket regularly, and that's where they are going to get the calls. They got more calls than Chicago because Rose was the only one attacking the basket while everyone else stood around watching him waiting to shoot jumpers. That's also why they lost that series. You can only fix a game so much. I know the NBA had their problems with a certain ref doing his best to fix games, but there's only so much you can do. Giving LeBron foul shots isn't going to help your fixing plans because he's not a great FT shooter. In fact, Miami is not one of the best teams in this department. I'm ready for people to get over this idea that the NBA fixed the playoffs for Miami, and admit that this team might be good enough to actually win it all.

Also, they need to get Van Gundy out of the freakin commentators box! I can't stand the guy or hearing him kiss the HEAT's ass all game long.. it's almost as bad as when Bill Walton was all up on the Lakers' nuts during the games.

Speaking of commentators, you know who drives me nuts? Reggie Miller.

I loved him as a player and personality in the NBA, but he annoys the crap out of me as an announcer. @lol@

As far as the fouls go, both teams had almost the same, and IIRC, Dallas actually had two more. Also, the people that have been saying that Miami has been getting more calls, it really comes down to their style of play. They have two of the best slashers in the game. They attack the basket regularly, and that's where they are going to get the calls. They got more calls than Chicago because Rose was the only one attacking the basket while everyone else stood around watching him waiting to shoot jumpers. That's also why they lost that series. You can only fix a game so much. I know the NBA had their problems with a certain ref doing his best to fix games, but there's only so much you can do. Giving LeBron foul shots isn't going to help your fixing plans because he's not a great FT shooter. In fact, Miami is not one of the best teams in this department. I'm ready for people to get over this idea that the NBA fixed the playoffs for Miami, and admit that this team might be good enough to actually win it all.

I know Dallas had 2 more fouls called their way.. but if you watched the game, then you know that what I am talking about is the kind of fouls that were called. I kept seeing Dallas getting fouled when going to the hoop and taking shots and not getting the calls... and then Miami was getting the fouls called for them on plays where the Dallas player wasn't even effecting the play.

Man...the Heat are spanking Dallas in the fourth quarter. Miami could end up sweeping if they carry this momentum into the next two games.

Wow...I guess I'll eat my words on that one...

Right after I posted, Dallas went on that huge run. @lol@

Yeah, Miami lost that game. It scares me. It reminds me of how Miami took over in the end of game 3 of the 06 Finals. They never lost after that, and I'd hate to see Dallas get that kind of momentum. Remarkably, no one is critiquing the refs after a Dallas win. I guess the same refs that were trying to fix the series in game one couldn't keep a 13 point lead in check to keep their fix. This is the Finals. The refs are letting the teams play as much as possible. The best team will win. And even if it is Dallas this year, I can live with it. They played their hearts out this whole playoffs. Both teams are deserving.

Wow.. I wasn't able to watch this one very closely, so I can't comment on the officiating... but I thought it was over when the Heat were up by 15.

My brother in law was saying they are coming back... they are coming back! but I was like.. it's too late.. game over

I was shocked when they tied it up and then Dirk put them up by 2... it looked like the Heat were just taking terrible shots at the end

Hmm...there have been some pretty questionable calls here in the end of the fourth.

Miami up by 6...Chalmers has the ball in the corner...Mavs double team him, and looks like he gets pushed out of bounds...he throws the ball towards the post, and Bosh jumps straight into the air to grab it...Dirk jumps INTO Bosh, and Bosh gets called for a foul. Miami in the penalty...Nowitzki gets two free throws.

Next possession, Haslem gets called for a loose ball foul on Nowitzki off a rebound, and on the replay, he didn't even touch Dirk...Nowitzki gets two more free throws.

Guess the refs wanted to keep the game close?