SK OMEGA action figure line?

Viper Hunter

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=15809

Any idea on what happened with these? I haven't heard another single solitary thing about them?

• Like 8

they were supposed to be at Toyfair in Feb... but they said they weren't ready yet... I really hope that they make it to SDCC.. I am worried that they are going under already..

I was going to buy their stuff for certain

This seems to be another case of a Shocker Toys type situation. A year ago they didn't have any actual figures, vehicles, or playsets ready just mockups. Fast forward a year and... nothing. I suppose give them till SDCC and if nothing is said or shown by then I wouldn't hold my breathe.

Not that I currently am now, mind you. I had completely forgotten about them until this thread.

I know they've had a lot of art over at the Tank site and said they weren't ready for TF in Feb. I was hoping we'd hear something at Joecon since that's where they first appeared last year, but nothing really in the last couple months.

WHile i always thought it would be neat, i never expected to go to anywhere. Unfortunately it's to hard to start up a company like that, offering what they wanted to these days.

they were supposed to be at Toyfair in Feb... but they said they weren't ready yet... I really hope that they make it to SDCC.. I am worried that they are going under already..

I was going to buy their stuff for certain

Same here! Everything I've seen of it so far looked pretty damn good, but I just had heard anything more baout it, and wondered it they had any new news on them at this years Con?

• Like 7

ya i think they stalled out and thats never a good thing. i dont know if they will make it out now or not. SDCC is the last place for them to show there stuff for this yr. if they dont then theres a good chance they wont make them at all. i had good hope for them but not it seems like it was died. i hope not but time is running out.

My guess is they were dreaming too big for a small company. Some of their stuff did look promising. Maybe they should try to team up with that one company that has those cheap joes at Target.. seems like something similar and maybe they could help eachother out.. Who knows, maybe we'll see something this year, but not being at Toy Fair, I'd think would hurt you so maybe not till next year.

My guess is they were dreaming too big for a small company. Some of their stuff did look promising. Maybe they should try to team up with that one company that has those cheap joes at Target.. seems like something similar and maybe they could help eachother out.. Who knows, maybe we'll see something this year, but not being at Toy Fair, I'd think would hurt you so maybe not till next year.

maybe but if they dont have the actual toys in a yr after showing the drawing is never a good thing in another yr we wont even think about it. so SDCC is there last chance to get it off the ground while its still somewhat fresh in our minds. i hope they pull it off if not they might as well hang it up now.

Shark Tank is an option for them. but i dont think those sharks would go for going head to head w/ Hasblow. they had some cool stuff and ideas but the sci-fi military thing has been done to death already. i would love to see something totally new and different in the 3 3/4 action figures. maybe time travelers? sea quest type of deep sea stuff? clowns? i would love for something to totally blow me away. something so cool and different that i can sleep at night cause im so excited. been along time since that happened in fact i think it was 1982 ;)

TM

• Like 1

Shark Tank is an option for them. but i dont think those sharks would go for going head to head w/ Hasblow. they had some cool stuff and ideas but the sci-fi military thing has been done to death already. i would love to see something totally new and different in the 3 3/4 action figures. maybe time travelers? sea quest type of deep sea stuff? clowns? i would love for something to totally blow me away. something so cool and different that i can sleep at night cause im so excited. been along time since that happened in fact i think it was 1982 ;)

TM

first, I love Sharktank!

second, I have been thinking of the same thing for a while... the action figure market is so underachieving it is not even funny... I mean there are so many untapped resources, but of course now toy companies will only make toys that are inspired by movies or tv shows... I can't remember the last time there was a toyline that existed first as a toyline on its own, and then had media inspired by it... its like toy companies don't think that people will buy toys just based on how awesome they are... they have to buy toys because they are already a fan of the property..

But I would really dig something like legos, but in action figure form.. I mean if you ever just go look at legos, they have AWESOME stuff and they tap into all kinds of realms of storylines and characters... the always have...

I would love for there to be an action figure line that mingled all sorts of genres in it.. like a "warriors of the universe" line or something... where there would be sub-themes (like Lego does).. you could have:

The ancient world - greek and roman mythological characters, roman soldiers, gladiators, centaurs, pegasus, minotaurs, barbarians

Medieval Times - knights, dragons, wizards, elves, goblins, trolls

Ninjas and samurai

western - cowboys, indians, sheriffs, soldiers, horses, bandits

ww era - soldiers from all different countries

modern war - soldiers of all kinda from all places

cops n crooks - cops, sheriffs, swat, robbers, terrorists

superheroes - yeah, it's possible to create new superheroes

space age - astronauts, aliens, robots

TM

first, I love Sharktank!

second, I have been thinking of the same thing for a while... the action figure market is so underachieving it is not even funny... I mean there are so many untapped resources, but of course now toy companies will only make toys that are inspired by movies or tv shows... I can't remember the last time there was a toyline that existed first as a toyline on its own, and then had media inspired by it... its like toy companies don't think that people will buy toys just based on how awesome they are... they have to buy toys because they are already a fan of the property..

But I would really dig something like legos, but in action figure form.. I mean if you ever just go look at legos, they have AWESOME stuff and they tap into all kinds of realms of storylines and characters... the always have...

I would love for there to be an action figure line that mingled all sorts of genres in it.. like a "warriors of the universe" line or something... where there would be sub-themes (like Lego does).. you could have:

The ancient world - greek and roman mythological characters, roman soldiers, gladiators, centaurs, pegasus, minotaurs, barbarians

Medieval Times - knights, dragons, wizards, elves, goblins, trolls

Ninjas and samurai

western - cowboys, indians, sheriffs, soldiers, horses, bandits

ww era - soldiers from all different countries

modern war - soldiers of all kinda from all places

cops n crooks - cops, sheriffs, swat, robbers, terrorists

superheroes - yeah, it's possible to create new superheroes

space age - astronauts, aliens, robots

If only playmobil action figures were'nt so horrible they have pretty much all those. i am also in 100% agreement w/ ya clam.

TM

Well, I also hope these come out. The line looked really promising!

But we should all be wary of speculating too much. No news is good news. If these were really cancelled, why wouldn't there be some kind of announcement from the company?

There's still hope as long as we don't know for sure.