2011 G.I.Joe Con: Hasbro Archives Roundtable - What Could Have Been - USS Flagg & Transformers Crossovers

The Wire

Well, it's nice to see they really did work on some of this stuff and it's not dismissed outright. That FLAGG was definitely an interesting prototype. It's like a storage chest/playset/vehicle - pretty darn clever if a little clunky looking.

Neat to see the Sigma 6 Scarlett too, I know the last time they showed her no pics were allowed. I would've bought her in a heartbeat alongside the other canceled Sigma Sixers. Well, the one thing for sure is we can never count anything out completely. Heck, the club is allowed to release cancelled figs now via subscription, maybe next year we can subscribe to a "Build-the-FLAGG" concept where they send a chunk of parts every month. :D

Geez Scarlett has a lot of cancelled figures. I wonder if there is a character who has the most cancelled figures.

Really cool to see. I can't say there's anything I'm too upset about them cancelling. I would love it if they made another Cobra missile silo, but I've never been crazy about the mobile HQs. I'd really like more playsets. I prefer to display them on playsets, and I'd really like a good Cobra base for display. I've never been a big fan of the Terror Drome.

Do they mention what the scale of that Flagg was going to be? It looks like it would be half the size of the original. Looks boxy, or clunky as Dake said above.

some great stuff got canned...

the tanks all looked great. I really would have liked to get that upgraded Hiss tank for the 25th collection, and the Cobra and Joe versions of the Mauler tank both looked cool... the Cobra one "The Shredder" I think had the same classic paint job as the Hiss, which is a cool detail... and I liked that Iron Grenadiers 5-pack too... I wonder if there is anyway to get some of this stuff released? It looks like the Cobra tank would be the easiest, a simple repaint... and they don't have any Cobra vehicles planned for the POC line... if they drop this, I'll buy a few of them.

DSCN0632.jpg

DSCN0635__scaled_600.jpg

DSCN0649__scaled_600.jpg

I'd love to get better pics of those IG's the one in the lower right and that destro look great. Shame it never made it out i would have probably bought it.

I have been wanting a baroness + ravage combo for years. I really regeret not buying that hound just for the ravage from tf classics several years ago.

The IG set probably would've been a pass for me anyway. They look neat, but in reality a)they used the horrible movie Destro head and 2) they use the Resolute bodies which were so restrictive due to the plastic skirts.

The 25th HISS tank artwork doesn't look quite right either. Honestly, if it had been nothing more than the original sculpt with some extra detailing added on, I wouldn't have been that interested. I especially would not trade working treads for a block of solid molded plastic.

The fact that they even had a Mauler repaint for RoC means they must've have repaired/replaced the broken tools so hopefully we'll see that again down the road somewhere; I fear it will be with regular plastic tracks too though.

The HISS looks like it would have been a black modified DTC HISS.

I just saw this:

Gi Joe Howler

Sorry for shouting,but...ARE YOU (expletive deleted) KIDDING ME HASBRO?!?! YOU DECIDED TO RELEASE A BUNCH OF REPAINTS AND OTHER STUFF NOT IN THE MOVIE, BUT SKIP OVER AN AWESOME LOOKING VEHICLE THAT WAS PROMENTLY FEATURED IN THE MOVIE?!?! #WTF#

GET THIS THING OUT...NOW!!! @pow@

Ive been dreaming of a green Mauler since I was a little kid in 85!! Im so sad it did not make it out. However they must have repaired/remolded the thing so hopefully it does during movie 2.

Draven

I don't get why they wouldn't release it this year still... we have seen some great figures coming up.. GREAT ones.. but where are all the vehicles?

what vehicles are even coming?

they should definitely put out those Mauler tanks.. those things would fly off the shelves way faster than the new Hiss or Vamp...

red hiss tank

Skystriker

what else?

I don't get why they wouldn't release it this year still... we have seen some great figures coming up.. GREAT ones.. but where are all the vehicles?

what vehicles are even coming?

they should definitely put out those Mauler tanks.. those things would fly off the shelves way faster than the new Hiss or Vamp...

red hiss tank

Skystriker

what else?

Your right, I would be all over the Mauler if they released it.

I just saw this:

Gi Joe Howler

Sorry for shouting,but...ARE YOU (expletive deleted) KIDDING ME HASBRO?!?! YOU DECIDED TO RELEASE A BUNCH OF REPAINTS AND OTHER STUFF NOT IN THE MOVIE, BUT SKIP OVER AN AWESOME LOOKING VEHICLE THAT WAS PROMENTLY FEATURED IN THE MOVIE?!?! #WTF#

Agreed. What the heck? I would have bought that in a hearbeat, even the pilot looks great. I don't buy many vehicles and am pretty picky but that looks excellent. These weren't in the initial photos i saw, is there more out there? another link?

I just saw this:

Gi Joe Howler

Agreed. What the heck? I would have bought that in a hearbeat, even the pilot looks great. I don't buy many vehicles and am pretty picky but that looks excellent. These weren't in the initial photos i saw, is there more out there? another link?

I found this pic at GIJoecon.com

I just saw this:

Gi Joe Howler

I found this pic at GIJoecon.com

and here we go: more pics. Nothing major but some of the other pics are brighter.