what do you want from the gijoe subscription?

CLAM

so the GiJoe Club said that they are doing a 12 figure subscription... they mentioned that they are considering doing "unreleased and foreign type characters and figures that have never been done in 25th style"

it is also important to note that realistically, all of these figures will be frankenjoes of some sort. ( I just can't see the club doing any NEW figures, when they haven't done any before"

so with that in mind... what figures would you like to see? .. and if they are frankenjoes, list the parts you have in mind, if any in particular..

first let me say that I would love to see them do Tiger Force, Night Force figures, and Skyforce figures.. but there are so many of them that I don't want to mention any for my list of 10... (they already announced the first two will be NeoBat and Quarrel)

here is my list, assuming Hasbro isn't going to do any of these (otherwise, I would prefer Hasbro handle them)

Hunter - Cobra Officer UK repaint in black with grey webgear - using the new Cobra Enemy sculpt

TNT - blue/yellow/silver Blowtorch repaint

Ar Puro - foreign Airtight Tigerforce repaint

UK Mutt - blue repaint

Muskrat v1

Rock n Roll v2

Pathfinder

Freefall

Night Viper

Roadpig

I was thinking about making this topic earlier, but you beat me to it.

So,

1. Nano-Bat

2. Quarrel.

there is also a bonus figure, so 11 more? this is actually really hard given the limitations, I usually want a new head for most of what i am thinking.

3. That fabled POC Zarana that some reported see at last years Joecon. I think this would make me subscribe!

4. DDP Shipwreck using the recent SE body and the ROC shipwreck head. include polly of course!

5. Kamakura The new SS (renegades/ultimate) mold in green, with a resolute stormshadow style hood for good measure. Just paint him green, and even with/o the armor we know who it is. I can't think of a piece that would work for his forearms and leg gaurds though, so maybe not? it could be blended with his v2 look and use the rock vipers arms and legs, that would be acceptable.

6. Inferno-Bat, yes I know another bat, not very creative, but a see through clear red Bat like the old internet exclusives would be a must buy for me.

I'll see if i can r ound out this list later. There are some like Overkill i would love to see here, i just can't think of a good parts combo to do it justice... unless just maybe they could use xmo maverick's body?

Like it or not i'm sure we will see that Dial-tone head again as something.

They also said that to a limited extent, they will do the traditional style figures (0-ring). Of this style, I would really love to see more of the obscure army-builders like the Mega-Viper, Old school EELs, etc. Also, a non-arctic Quinn would be sweet.

They also said that to a limited extent, they will do the traditional style figures (0-ring). Of this style, I would really love to see more of the obscure army-builders like the Mega-Viper, Old school EELs, etc. Also, a non-arctic Quinn would be sweet.

Are you sure? I wasn't there but i thought the club as a whole would but this would be limited to new sculpt, and most would be new sculpt. They need to clear this up right away, I don't want old school o-ring stuff. Trying to please both sides will likely alienate both.

The club is still open to the possibility of doing vintage/O-ring repaints in the future, but admitted to having a very limited amount of tooling to do so with.

The subscription will feature modern tooling only - no O-rings in the set of 13. It was stated explicitly. Also, while the Club has *lots* of ideas, they all need to be submitted to Hasbro for approval.

My choices (not limited to 10 - just ideas of characters that are currently possible with existing tooling):

Euro Mutt - http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/euromutt.shtml

Euro Spirit - http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/eurospirit.shtml

Cobra Mortal - http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/arg-cobramortal.shtml

TNT - http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/argtnt.shtml

Forca Tigre Marujo - http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/br-marujo.shtml

Force Tigre Ar Puro - http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/br-arpuro.shtml

Gaucho - http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/gaucho.shtml

Hunter - http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/hunter.shtml

Night Force Falcon - Unproduced Wave 13, hopefully with fixed wrists

Tiger Force Roadblock - Unproduced Wave 13, hopefully with Python Copperhead hands

Iron Klaw - Cancelled Comic Pack

Arctic Cobra Commander - Cancelled Comic Pack

POC Alpine - Cancelled Mech Wave

POC Desert Scorpion - Cancelled Mech Wave

A year of Sgt. Slaughter:

Sgt. Slaughter (Triple T version, maybe with a new camo pattern on the pants and new accessories to differentiate it from the SDCC exclusive.)

Sgt. Slaughter (As the Warthog Driver.)

The Renegades:

Taurus

Mercer

Red Dog.

Slaughter's Marauders:

Sgt. Slaughter

Barbecue

Footloose

Lt. Falcon

Low-Light

Mutt & Junkyard

Spirit

A bonus vehicle could be a Slaughter's Marauders colored Warthog or Triple-T Tank.

I really wouldn't want anything from rah unless Hasbro specifically said they would never do it. Not only would it cost a mint but it wouldn't be anywhere near as good. With that said, I wouldn't mind some of the comic stuff popping up. This could be the only way Billy would ever get made. Some of the DD characters would be nice too. There were a lot of those that would be great considering they had the tooling. I might as well add some of the cartoon originals like Mera or Big Lob.

A year of Sgt. Slaughter:

Sgt. Slaughter (Triple T version, maybe with a new camo pattern on the pants and new accessories to differentiate it from the SDCC exclusive.)

Sgt. Slaughter (As the Warthog Driver.)

The Renegades:

Taurus

Mercer

Red Dog.

Slaughter's Marauders:

Sgt. Slaughter

Barbecue

Footloose

Lt. Falcon

Low-Light

Mutt & Junkyard

Spirit

A bonus vehicle could be a Slaughter's Marauders colored Warthog or Triple-T Tank.

I can't see a theme like that keeping it afloat... maybe two themes alternating, like IG and Slaughter's Marauders every other month they alternate, or something like that, then the next year it's two more themes of some sort...

I also can't see a whole year of nothing buy international joes.. the die hard fans would love it, but you have to be realistic... not everyone wants someone they dont' even know anything about... you know they're gonna throw in the Snake Eyes, Duke, Storm Shadow here and there... just watch. If they do, they better make it worth it or I can see it really hurting them.

I would like to see:

Transformers

- Marissa Fairbourne

- Old Snake

Sigma 6

- Cobra Commander with cowl and open helmet

- Lt. Stone

GI Joe Extreme

- Iron Klaw

- any good guy

MASK

- Miles Mayhem

- any good guy

Action Man

- Action Man

- Red Shadow soldier

Tomax/Xamot in business suits

Everything on Straight Edge's list.

PharmV

I was thinking about making this topic earlier, but you beat me to it.

So,

1. Nano-Bat

2. Quarrel.

there is also a bonus figure, so 11 more? this is actually really hard given the limitations, I usually want a new head for most of what i am thinking.

3. That fabled POC Zarana that some reported see at last years Joecon. I think this would make me subscribe!

4. DDP Shipwreck using the recent SE body and the ROC shipwreck head. include polly of course!

5. Kamakura The new SS (renegades/ultimate) mold in green, with a resolute stormshadow style hood for good measure. Just paint him green, and even with/o the armor we know who it is. I can't think of a piece that would work for his forearms and leg gaurds though, so maybe not? it could be blended with his v2 look and use the rock vipers arms and legs, that would be acceptable.

6. Inferno-Bat, yes I know another bat, not very creative, but a see through clear red Bat like the old internet exclusives would be a must buy for me.

I'll see if i can r ound out this list later. There are some like Overkill i would love to see here, i just can't think of a good parts combo to do it justice... unless just maybe they could use xmo maverick's body?

Like it or not i'm sure we will see that Dial-tone head again as something.

7. Given that we will see Dial tone head, about a "Poc" dail tone? He will show maybe in the blue/grey battle corps style? I would prefer a more poc looking dialtone with tan instead of yellow and some extra details.

8. Given that helmet for claymore i'd say that we will also see a footloose, this may not be a bad thing, give him some olive drab outfit and gear and I'd love it.

9. Speaking of Claymore, i'd say he too will reapear, maybe as a black ops, or night force style. It's a fan loved character so this isn't a bad thing.

so now that have got three of the ones i'm sure we will see, here are some more options, also a little more cynical than my first list.

10. Clear (or clear/blue) Renegades zartan. Makes sense, a lot of us would buy it and it wouldn't be hard to make.

11. Iron Klaw, the head is there it is an international character, I think it would be easy to do.

12. General Rey. I think the comic pack head looks like an angry old man and there are two ways i see it being used, either as general rey with the wraith chest piece like so many customizers or done, or throwing on Red Stars cap and making him a black major.

13, Bonus??? Just because they are evil I somehow see this one being an army builder :) I think an easy and popular choice might be flint in cartoon colors.

I'd like to see a classic ripcord and not a repacked crappy one like in the boxed set we're talking a whole new resculpt! i'd also like a classic wet-suit. they could make him with short sleeves. use a repainted eel helmet from the 25th line and use the head from the convention set that was just released,that'd be cool!

I'd like to see a classic ripcord and not a repacked crappy one like in the boxed set we're talking a whole new resculpt! i'd also like a classic wet-suit. they could make him with short sleeves. use a repainted eel helmet from the 25th line and use the head from the convention set that was just released,that'd be cool!

this is the club here, even at the likely 25 $ a piece for this things if we even get a new accessory i'd be impressed, new mold? especialy a whole guy? no way, no how. Sorry man, that would be nice though.

this is the club here, even at the likely 25 $ a piece for this things if we even get a new accessory i'd be impressed, new mold? especialy a whole guy? no way, no how. Sorry man, that would be nice though.

I am corious as to how much a subscription will be.I hoe its not an arm and a leg.