slight problem with awesome new figures..

CLAM

so we have all seen all of the great new figures Hasbro has planned... and I am very pleased and impressed by the RAH-inspired figures that they are doing.... (and also the new designs).. I am so happy that they are doing some RAH figures mixed in again... these figures are much better than the 25th run.

but this brings up a problem... check out the new Lifeline, Airtight, and Sci-Fi.. they are simply amazing.. but as much as I love Airtight, these guys shouldn't be my best figures..

if I stand this badass new Airtight next to some of the earlier and less well-executed 25th figures, it's going to look odd. Poor Duke just looks stupid next to these guys and their amazing sculpts and "back to the 80's" intricate accessories and details...

so who needs to be redone to bring them up to today's standards?

these are the ones I feel really need to be redone:

Duke v1

Roadblock v1

GungHo

Scarlet v1

Firefly v1

Destro v1

BBQ

EELS

Falcon

Mainframe

Dialtone

Leatherneck

I noticed this when I put my POC Low-Light in my 25th Joe display...he stuck out like a sore thumb because he is done so much better than most of the stuff from the 25th line.

I think you're crazy for wanting the Eels redone though...I think they are one of the better figures from the 25th line.

Here are the ones I want redone:

- Hit & Run

- Gung-Ho

- Dusty

- Leatherneck

- Outback

- Shockwave

- Scarlett

- Falcon

Three figures that haven't been done yet, that I really want to see:

- HEAT-Viper

- Jinx

- Fast Draw

Oh, and I agree with you about Duke, but I just can't bring myself to wish for another Duke figure. @lol@

I see what you're saying but is it really any different comparing the original 13 to any of the figures from 85-86? I'm not being specific but I think you see where I'm going with this. I wanted to put Low-Light in with my 25th figures....I took him out eventually not because I thought he stuck out.....its because I'm really dedicated to lines in my display. (POC with POC, 25th with 25th etc.) But the figures always gradually look better as time goes on.....I don't think its that big a deal. Even some of the later 25th figures look better than the ones from the boxsets.

I noticed this when I put my POC Low-Light in my 25th Joe display...he stuck out like a sore thumb because he is done so much better than most of the stuff from the 25th line.

I think you're crazy for wanting the Eels redone though...I think they are one of the better figures from the 25th line.

Here are the ones I want redone:

- Hit & Run

- Gung-Ho

- Dusty

- Leatherneck

- Outback

- Shockwave

- Scarlett

- Falcon

what I hated about the EELs was the way the shoulder harness thing was just stuck on the Torpedo body.. it didn't fit right and makes him look like he has no neck. EELS definitely deserved their own sculpts.. and they would be awesome in the lineup today, with removable helmets and all.

and what was so bad about Dusty? I thought he was decent except they got his paint wrong

and what was so bad about Dusty? I thought he was decent except they got his paint wrong

That's my main complaint with him...he needs a better paint job. All of the figures from the DVD packs were too cartoony...which was the point I guess...so it would be nice to get a more modernized version of him, with the correct camo pattern.

It would also be great to get a bunch of cool, new accessories for him, like we got with Low-Light, and appears we will continue to get with Lifeline, Techno-Viper, etc.

I see what you're saying but is it really any different comparing the original 13 to any of the figures from 85-86? I'm not being specific but I think you see where I'm going with this. I wanted to put Low-Light in with my 25th figures....I took him out eventually not because I thought he stuck out.....its because I'm really dedicated to lines in my display. (POC with POC, 25th with 25th etc.) But the figures always gradually look better as time goes on.....I don't think its that big a deal. Even some of the later 25th figures look better than the ones from the boxsets.

im with you but these def need updates. I saw get a few updates and keep moving forward as we have enough of duke destor &ccs. as they always improve the figs as time goes on.

Footloose

Hit & Run

Gung-Ho

Dusty

Leatherneck

Outback

Shockwave

Falcon

Repeater

I'm stuck in the past. I don't need any new-fangled GI Joes. However, I would love to see a lot of the classic vehicles updated. Hmmm, separate thread maybe.

As much as we complain about the amount of Dukes i think we have gotten quantity not quality. I'd gladly buy a classic looking duke, especially if the head is very simliar to the recent poc duke, even with the scar (which isn't classic but still...) Flint too, 25th flint looks too old, i can understand a little age, and prefer it but it looked off.

Some others are:

Gung-ho It's that head!

and roadblock (v 3 or 4 maybe this time?) the head is a huge problem here.

Hit-n-run

Recondo (we either can prick too british looking or steroid marine look)

and sgt. slaughter (the last one was too flabby @loll@ )

yeah, RAH was like that too somewhat... but I never thought that my 85 figures looked odd next to my 89 figures... (I always hated the original 13.. they sucked.. so that didn't matter much to me that they looked wack)

But in today's world, where figures are getting redone over and over (they didn't used to back in the RAH line).. there isn't any reason for us to not have a good classic Duke

I was thinking about this the other day. Gung Ho is in desperate need of a make-over. Really, I could say everyone from the first 25th joe 5-pack. Most from the Cobra 5-pack have been redone well enough, although v1 CC could use a highly detailed face lift (with a vac metal helmet and optional hood included). Falcon also needs desperate attention. The comic pack version was terrible. Major Blood hasn't gotten a lot of love from Hasbro since since rah ended. His only decent new sculpt figure was during dtc, which is kind of pathetic considering how high profile he is (and how bad dtc was). With that said, I wouldn't want them to spend a lot of time rehashing these guys. Maybe a few who really need it, but not everyone.