G.I. Joe Renegades Goes On Hiatus

The Wire

It's too bad. And yes, the reason for it going on hiatus is a load of hooie.

"The series will go on hiatus at the end of season one while the second installment of the G.I. Joe movie franchise is being produced so Hasbro and Hasbro Studios can ensure the creative and storyline continuity that fans of the films and the series expect."

PLEASE!

#Granade#

Yeah, since when did people care about story continuity over making money? Seriously. Not to mention that this series is already in a whole other continuity from the movie, so that clearly isn't the case.

If they were pleased by season 1 there would be no Hiatus

This is a damn shame it is a pretty good show too

Agreed and agreed.

As for this show getting canned and TF Prime still going...Transformers makes more money than Joe, so different rules apply.

I would like to see this show show up again, but it seems unlikely.

@poop#

If they were pleased by season 1 there would be no Hiatus

This is a damn shame it is a pretty good show too

Agreed and agreed.

As for this show getting canned and TF Prime still going...Transformers makes more money than Joe, so different rules apply.

I would like to see this show show up again, but it seems unlikely.

@poop#

This reminds me of 2002 when they killed off the MOTU cartoon

I don't know... I didn't HATE the show.. but I also thought it wasn't very good, and not very much like what Joe is ...

It had promise, but I think at the rate they were going, it was going to be 4 seasons until they go to where GiJoe became GiJoe. The show moved really slowly. There were plenty of episodes that barely added anything to the progress of the storyline and many wasted opportunities. And the characters didn't resemble the GiJoe characters they were based on...

too bad about the hiatus though.. I don't trust "hiatus" ... but I won't cry if it is simply canceled

I have to say that I do not care for the whole "A-Team" comparison to the intro and it really took on that feel. I wonder if Hasbro is getting sued by the "A-team" creators because of the similarities and that is why it is going on Hiatus. If not, they are doing it to see if they can get a outcry of the fans to bring it back sooner. This is ridiculous. I look forward to watching GI Joe again and the show is not like the old show but that is the point. I like this one a lot better than GI Joe extreme or GI Joe Sigma 6. Yeah it was not the same but I really liked the character building in the show and I just could not wait for the next episode to see what happened next. I really loved the development of Bludd and Zartan. That was really cool.

I for one want Hasbro to get their heads out of their greedy anus and get the show back on production. I really do not want to wait for the freaking movie to get Renegades back. Also this does not make any sense with them making the new toys. Those were freaking cool. If the show goes on hiatus then the toys are not going to come out. Are they going to do just a 30th anniversay set this year and then shut the line down until the stupid movie comes back and renegades comes back. They need to stop depending on Stupid WAL MART to get their product out. Wal MART is a shat hole and is going down quickly in sales, at least around here. Yeah, I only have a Wal-mart or a K-mart to shop at here in my little town, but I am shopping more online and very seldomly go to walmart or k mart any more because they are not covering GI Joe.

If Renegades goes away, then I will only be watching the hub for Men in Black reruns. I liked Batman beyond and the old TF and GI Joe cartoons, but Renegades made GI Joe new and interesting for me. I freaking want the whole team and the Coyote vehicle to play with. I want Biker Zartan and Two Eye Major Bludd. I even want the stupid Slime Vipers with the more human features.

Hasbro, if you really read these boards, please do not put Renegades on Hiatus! It made me feel like a kid again and I enjoed my GI Joes again!

I actually preferred this show to Transformers: Prime for easily the first half of the season. Prime has started to catch up story-wise though and I enjoy them both. "Brothers of Light" was the weakest episode yet for me, but I figure every show has a dud episode now and again.

I too am more worried about what this portends for the toy line. With no media tie in, this might explain the removal of Joe from Walmart's planograms this last reset. Either Walmart didn't order and Hasbro didn't want to rely on Target/TRU and ROSS for distribution or Hasbro was already pulling the plug (and this would have been before Toy Fair mind you) and they told Walmart not to expect stuff. I honestly think it was probably the former. I think Walmart was still feeling the burn from RoC. Target probably was a close second as I'm fairly certain all the PoC stuff we see at ROSS now is former Target stock - considering they've also always gotten the Target Exclusives. If they lost both 'Mart and Target, then there really is nothing left for Hasbro to do unfortunately.

I don't know... I didn't HATE the show.. but I also thought it wasn't very good, and not very much like what Joe is ...

It had promise, but I think at the rate they were going, it was going to be 4 seasons until they go to where GiJoe became GiJoe. The show moved really slowly. There were plenty of episodes that barely added anything to the progress of the storyline and many wasted opportunities. And the characters didn't resemble the GiJoe characters they were based on...

too bad about the hiatus though.. I don't trust "hiatus" ... but I won't cry if it is simply canceled

Too me this is cancellation

What Wj said. For Hasbro, hiatus usually means cancelled. I remember when they announced Zoids in the US was on hiatus.

Honestly, I believe that one of the main reasons the show is on hiatus is probably because the main character designer died a few months ago. Hasbro is probably using that time to find another character designer.

Didn't someone that worked on it die? Maybe they were forced to instead of finding someone else to work on it right now, I dunno... seems kinda goofy to keep doing this, it's like they don't know what they wanna do with GI Joe.

What Wj said. For Hasbro, hiatus usually means cancelled. I remember when they announced Zoids in the US was on hiatus.

Honestly, I believe that one of the main reasons the show is on hiatus is probably because the main character designer died a few months ago. Hasbro is probably using that time to find another character designer.

Oh I didn't know this

I think Wal-Mart might be behind this but not for the reason people may think. I've lost track of how many other cartoons had a thinly disguised version of Wal-Mart as the bad guy on their shows. Maybe this was the one time they said enough is enough. Just a thought.