Adrianne Palicki As The New Wonder Woman Revealed

Wheeljack35

Adrianne Palickis Wonder Woman Costume Gets Modified

http://enewsi.com/news.php?itemid=19913

Though I don't care for either version, I would prefer the shiny blue pants of the older costume, but with the vertical strip of stars and the red boots of the newer version.

Her hair looks too short in that running action shot.

Much as with the costumes in the upcoming Captain America and Green Lantern movies, this costume isn't a hundred percent comic book accurate. The changes done to it seem needless and arbitrary and really don't improve on the comic book design. Having said that though, the costume surprises me in just how much it does take from the comics and it could be a lot worse. I actually didn't mind the shiny pants but I do prefer the darker blue and the red boots.

As for the actress herself, she's definitely pretty but I don't find her Wonder Woman level beautiful. Her breasts look unfortunately artificial and painfully pushed apart in the costume. These pics really make me long for Lynda Carter.

When I saw the actress in costume, I involuntarily let out the loudest, most forceful "MEH!" of my life. As I mentioned in this discussion, the amount of respect a show or film has for the source material is usually as good indicator of how much I'll like the finished product, and usually how well received it is in general.

Now, the costume actually looks quite a bit like a costume that did appear in the comics, but if I remember correctly, that version didn't last too long. Wonder Woman's costume is a classic. You can tweak it here and there, as with Superman's costume, but all in all it isn't broken and doesn't need fixing. So even though it looks like they took some inspiration from the comics, it still seems a bit cocky to think they needed something better than the classic. I'm gonna brace myself when I watch this show.

As for Adrianne Palicki, on looks alone, I don't care for the choice of actress. Wonder Woman is presented as a strong, highly skilled warrior. This girl looks like she goes to the gym once in a while, but she wouldn't pass for battle hardened. While I was in the service, I worked along side female soldiers who were drop dead gorgeous, but still carried themselves with a toughness that couldn't be denied. Their bodies were shapely, and sexy, sure, but they were visibly strong from our constant exercise regimen combined with the heavy work we did. Trust me, that strength did nothing to detract from their femininity, and only enhanced their natural beauty.

That's the kind of woman I think of when I think of Wonder Woman. Not some kitten that's stronger than she looks, but a woman who's very presence is over flowing with strength, both in body, and in spirit.

Much as with the costumes in the upcoming Captain America and Green Lantern movies, this costume isn't a hundred percent comic book accurate. The changes done to it seem needless and arbitrary and really don't improve on the comic book design. Having said that though, the costume surprises me in just how much it does take from the comics and it could be a lot worse. I actually didn't mind the shiny pants but I do prefer the darker blue and the red boots.

In all honesty I don't find it any better or worse than the original comic costume. It's just a different take on it. That's the way it is with nearly all other superhero costumes that get adapted for movies or tv, most of those I don't find any better or worse either. I honestly think most fans complain because they see something not precisely matching the 50 year old design and say, "THAT NOT COMIC BOOK ACCURATE!" and it's immediately bad in their minds, because one or two details are off. Unless you're talking the drastic redesigns like the X Men costumes, these are all just different takes (and yes, some of those old costumes DO need a modern tweak or two, I'm sorry), they are ALL still immediately identifiable as whichever character they're supposed to be.

In all honesty I don't find it any better or worse than the original comic costume. It's just a different take on it. That's the way it is with nearly all other superhero costumes that get adapted for movies or tv, most of those I don't find any better or worse either. I honestly think most fans complain because they see something not precisely matching the 50 year old design and say, "THAT NOT COMIC BOOK ACCURATE!" and it's immediately bad in their minds, because one or two details are off. Unless you're talking the drastic redesigns like the X Men costumes, these are all just different takes (and yes, some of those old costumes DO need a modern tweak or two, I'm sorry), they are ALL still immediately identifiable as whichever character they're supposed to be.

The only real difference is this Wonder Woman wears pants and the classic Wonder Woman doesn't.

Get over it.

I just read this inthe TV Guide tody if this was posted before I apologize

Wonder Woman has three identities

The Amazonian Princess, bespectacled Diana Prince and Diana Themyscira owner of Themyscira Industries

The picture of her in this issue looks lame and not sexy she looks really thin the picture is of her from the side running and as we know Wonder Woman can fly.But her running to the trouble looks really stupid