Captain Action

CapnJeffro

Had my eye on these for a couple of months now, been following the tidbits as they come out.

They will be appearing later this fall, they are NOT out right now. The CA figure looks a lot better than what Playing Mantis had and the sense I'm getting from these CGI mock-ups is that the costumes will work a bit differently than before. More plug-in features like hands and boots.

No idea what the articulation will be like with the CA figure--the original was "okay"--but modern articulation schemes beat it hands down. Hopefully they have redesigned the figure with added articulation.

The key will be the quality of the parts. Ideal's Captain Action was flimsy crap, Playing Mantis' version had better uniforms but the CA figure was FUGLY-very badly painted. The pic of the CA figure ( sculpt and paint) above is WORLDS better that what Playing Mantis or Ideal ever offered.

The folks producing these apparently had something to do with the Playing Mantis stuff--the latter sets--but don't quote me on that. I do reclalreading claims that they have taken pains to "learn from their past mistakes"--so I'm assuming that ties in that some of them were part of Playing Mantis.

The Marvel license though, is big, and if the costume sets look like this in-hand these could be a lot of fun.

Expected are Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Doom and Red Skull costumes, to flesh out the costume set for Hawk-eye. If the mockups shown are any indication, these other sets could be really sweet.

• Like 1

These are produced by a company that goes by the name Round Two and seem to be coming out in the fourth quarter of this year. I caught wind of these when they went up for pre-order on BigBadToyStore.

Now, Arrow, your predictions for Thor and Iron Man makes sense (due to the movies), but Red Skull and Dr. Doom? I don't know much about the older figures, but he does both hero and villain disguises?

These are produced by a company that goes by the name Round Two and seem to be coming out in the fourth quarter of this year. I caught wind of these when they went up for pre-order on BigBadToyStore.

Now, Arrow, your predictions for Thor and Iron Man makes sense (due to the movies), but Red Skull and Dr. Doom? I don't know much about the older figures, but he does both hero and villain disguises?

Doctor Evil is coming too ( CA's evil nemesis) and HE will be doing the bad guy costumes.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/19626.html

Also, from Costwold Collectibles:

Cotswold Collectibles, Inc. Six Deluxe Outfit Sets total will need to be purchased to complete the Hawkeye Outfit - Captain America, Spider Man, Iron Man, Thor, Red Skull, and Dr. Doom.

Iron Man and Thor out first quarter 2012.

Another tidbit: the first series of figures, heroes and villains, will have a "build-an outfit" gimmick. If you buy all the costume sets, you can assemble the parts to build a Hawkeye costume.

The major license here is apparently just Marvel, for now. I assume its possible there could be other licenses that come on board as time goes by, but that will depend upon how successful the line goes.

Also, there's expected to be TWO tiers of each set--a regular and a deluxe version. The regular costumes have just the basic components ( example: Spiderman costume, mash gloves boots and maybe a newspaper accessory) and the deluxe sets will have extras.

The deluxe sets are "intended" to be sold at comic book/collectible stores as well as TRU--if I read the info right.