Starscream vs the other Decepticons

Superpowers1980

Ok guys on youtube I have been going back and forth with this guy about Starscream vs Shockwave and the other Decepticons.

Based of Transformers the movie - THE REAL MOVIE from 1986 - did Starscream in fact beat the other Decepticons out for position as leader after they threw out the other cons for a temporary leader role before Galvatron came in and blew him to ash. Here are my points and counterpoints

1 - I believe Starscream beat the other decepticons in the movie off screen in order to become leader

1 - He states that they just let Starscream be leader because he was second in command

2 - I say based off what we saw regarding the fight sequence inside Astrotrain that Starscream fought and won

2 - He just ignores this altogether

3 - I say Starscream would beat Shockwave in a fight because he faster and sneakier than Shockwave, Shockwave is more powerful but logic hinders him.

3 - He says Shockwave would beat Starscream because of his power level

4 - He says Shockwave and Megatron and link into the sun for power

4 - I only heard that Megatron can link into a black hole for a blast

What do you transfans think????

Ok guys on youtube I have been going back and forth with this guy about Starscream vs Shockwave and the other Decepticons.

Based of Transformers the movie - THE REAL MOVIE from 1986 - did Starscream in fact beat the other Decepticons out for position as leader after they threw out the other cons for a temporary leader role before Galvatron came in and blew him to ash. Here are my points and counterpoints

Just to be clear.I think your friend is going by the comics.

Comics Shockwave beats Starscream.

Cartoon Starscream beats Shockwave.

1 - I believe Starscream beat the other decepticons in the movie off screen in order to become leader

1 - He states that they just let Starscream be leader because he was second in command

I think your both mistaken here.

I feel Starscream did very little fighting, and let the others fight till they tired themselfs out or ran out of fuel.

Then Starscream may have taken out who was lasdt standing.

3 - I say Starscream would beat Shockwave in a fight because he faster and sneakier than Shockwave, Shockwave is more powerful but logic hinders him.

covered above

he's wrong.

Megs' can link to a black hole.

Shockwave has a small nuclear reactor inside his chest.

Just to be clear.I think your friend is going by the comics.

Comics Shockwave beats Starscream.

Cartoon Starscream beats Shockwave.

I think your both mistaken here.

I feel Starscream did very little fighting, and let the others fight till they tired themselfs out or ran out of fuel.

Then Starscream may have taken out who was lasdt standing.

covered above

he's wrong.

Megs' can link to a black hole.

Shockwave has a small nuclear reactor inside his chest.

Ok, let me ask you, we know Shockwave is generally considered more powerful than Starscream, but with all of Starscreams overall abilities, you don't think he could take out Shockwave, even in the comic versions?

Your idea of Starscream doing very little fighting is interesting than the overall idea that they just let him be leader especially when we clearly see then in battle.

Ok, let me ask you, we know Shockwave is generally considered more powerful than Starscream, but with all of Starscreams overall abilities, you don't think he could take out Shockwave, even in the comic versions?

I'm not sure if you ever read the comics, but if you had it should be pretty clear.

Starscream was never able to best Shockwave.Shockwave beat Megatron, took over from Megatron.Starscream continued ton plot but never seemed to come up with a good enough plan.

Except when he controlled the underbase....but even then he failed.

Your idea of Starscream doing very little fighting is interesting than the overall idea that they just let him be leader especially when we clearly see then in battle.

I just reviewed the scene, and we dont see Starscream fighting anyone.

And knowing how he likes to plot and scheme, I can see him standing in a corner, and waiting till everyone fights it out.

Based of Transformers the movie - THE REAL MOVIE from 1986

The "real" movie? Please, the original tf film was just as corny as the first bay film.

As to your question, imo, starscream became leader by merely letting the other decepticons beat each other up, and when they were all beat to slag he stood on top of the pile, proclaiming himself leader. He didn't fight anyone who wasn't already defeated, as starscream has always been a sniveling coward, he simply seized an opportunity; he may have been a coward, but he wasn't stupid (well, not all the time at least).

The "real" movie? Please, the original tf film was just as corny as the first bay film.

Haters gonna hate :P

• Like 2

As to your question, imo, starscream became leader by merely letting the other decepticons beat each other up, and when they were all beat to slag he stood on top of the pile, proclaiming himself leader. He didn't fight anyone who wasn't already defeated, as starscream has always been a sniveling coward, he simply seized an opportunity; he may have been a coward, but he wasn't stupid (well, not all the time at least).

Starscream is very tactful but he is a good fighter, enough that the other Decepticons fear him. The problem with going off the cartoons is that many things are implied but never actually seen. I can't imagine that the others just fought and let the one guy who was bold enough to stand up to Megatron just stand there.

I'm not sure if you ever read the comics, but if you had it should be pretty clear.

Starscream was never able to best Shockwave.Shockwave beat Megatron, took over from Megatron.Starscream continued ton plot but never seemed to come up with a good enough plan.

Except when he controlled the underbase....but even then he failed.

I just reviewed the scene, and we dont see Starscream fighting anyone.

And knowing how he likes tom plot and scheme, I can see him standing in a corner, and waiting till everyone fights it out.

I have one original comic where Shockwave took over the Decepticon leadership, Megs tried to return and Shockwave got him again and Megs pledged to Shockwave, I may not remember it exactly but that is most of what happened.

Please share more about Shockwave versus Megatron in the comics................

Starscream is very tactful but he is a good fighter, enough that the other Decepticons fear him. The problem with going off the cartoons is that many things are implied but never actually seen. I can't imagine that the others just fought and let the one guy who was bold enough to stand up to Megatron just stand there.

See, thats the problem here, your going by the cartoon.

Well if you go by the cartoon, it was only "IMPLIED" that Starscream was a good fighter, but they never really showed that.On the other hand, they did show plenty of times how he would plan and scheme to get to the top.

He would let others make mistakes and then take advantage of it.And the other cons were hardly afraid of him.

I have one original comic where Shockwave took over the Decepticon leadership, Megs tried to return and Shockwave got him again and Megs pledged to Shockwave, I may not remember it exactly but that is most of what happened.

if I can find some scans I will.

See, thats the problem here, your going by the cartoon.

Well if you go by the cartoon, it was only "IMPLIED" that Starscream was a good fighter, but they never really showed that.On the other hand, they did show plenty of times how he would plan and scheme to get to the top.

He would let others make mistakes and then take advantage of it.And the other cons were hardly afraid of him.

if I can find some scans I will.

I would say that the other cons were afraid of him, I think because of the relationship between him and Megatron that made other bold. Starscream was bold against the jets when they didn't want to let him in the space bridge and I think he snapped out Rumble once....hard to remember everything.

I read up on the comic version of Shockwave and your right he was basically the opposite version of Starscream, he plotted and successfullty took over leadership more than once but did it his way.

That is always the issue with Transformers as with GI Joe, certain aspects were implied rather than shown. Like Cobra Commander had to be capable in order to build up the cobra organization however they made him silly. I look at Starscream as being as capable but of course with glaring flaws.

I think Starscream just stood by during the battle until only one con remained and was too weakened to win against Starscream but honestly Astrotrain could have been leader by jettisoning them all out into Space

I would say that the other cons were afraid of him,

I would saY THERES NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THAT THINKING.

I think because of the relationship between him and Megatron that made other bold. Starscream was bold against the jets when they didn't want to let him in the space bridge

aND THEY ONLY LET HIM TREW WHEN HE PUT A GUN TO THEIR HEADS.

and I think he snapped out Rumble once.

That was Skywarp if I'm right.

...hard to remember everything.

I read up on the comic version of Shockwave and your right he was basically the opposite version of Starscream, he plotted and successfullty took over leadership more than once but did it his way.

That is always the issue with Transformers as with GI Joe, certain aspects were implied rather than shown. Like Cobra Commander had to be capable in order to build up the cobra organization however they made him silly. I look at Starscream as being as capable but of course with glaring flaws.

true enough

I think Starscream just stood by during the battle until only one con remained and was too weakened to win against Starscream but honestly Astrotrain could have been leader by jettisoning them all out into Space

And if he did that, who would he lead? :P

The ones who remained on Cybertron @smilepunch@

That would be Shockwave

I would say that the other cons were afraid of him,

I would saY THERES NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THAT THINKING.

I think because of the relationship between him and Megatron that made other bold. Starscream was bold against the jets when they didn't want to let him in the space bridge

aND THEY ONLY LET HIM TREW WHEN HE PUT A GUN TO THEIR HEADS.

and I think he snapped out Rumble once.

That was Skywarp if I'm right.

...hard to remember everything.

true enough

Yeah, Starscream put a gun to their heads which evident that they had some level of fear of him and what he would do, the only reason I believe the others crossed SS is because they had a bigger fear of Megatron.

Also in the original tech specs SS was considered very powerful

SS had his moments of being very close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Er8lM1FtFI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nweNm43sjuk

That would be Shockwave

LOL........and all of the others we were supposed to forget about, you know the Combaticons, Reflector, etc.

and on a funny note

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGDdXGvqxf4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpbabZm_QTs&feature=related

That would be Shockwave

LOL........and all of the others we were supposed to forget about, you know the Combaticons, Reflector, etc.

Shockwave ran Cybertron for Megatron so it would of been logical if he was leader

Yeah, Starscream put a gun to their heads which evident that they had some level of fear of him

Hardly.

Its only evident of fear of the gun to their heads.

Think about it, if they had any fear of him, Starscream wouldnt have needed to put a gun to their heads.

As compared to who??

The other original seekers??

The only things Starscream had over the others was speed and intelligence.

Firepower,strengths,endurance and skill they were all a match.

As for the other 3 seekers [cone heads]

Trust was stronger and had more firepower

Ramjet was stronger

Funny your first video is of a fake battle between a fake clone of starscream and a fake clone of Optimus Prime that was being controlled by Megatron.

And the second vid shows how incompetent he is.

Actually Reflector was at the battle of Autobot city on earth.

Yeah, Starscream put a gun to their heads which evident that they had some level of fear of him

Hardly.

Its only evident of fear of the gun to their heads.

Think about it, if they had any fear of him, Starscream wouldnt have needed to put a gun to their heads.

As compared to who??

The other original seekers??

The only things Starscream had over the others was speed and intelligence.

Firepower,strengths,endurance and skill they were all a match.

As for the other 3 seekers [cone heads]

Trust was stronger and had more firepower

Ramjet was stronger

Funny your first video is of a fake battle between a fake clone of starscream and a fake clone of Optimus Prime that was being controlled by Megatron.

And the second vid shows how incompetent he is.

Actually Reflector was at the battle of Autobot city on earth.

1. The gun to their head is the reason to fear anyone, do you not think they aren't afraid of Megatron and what he would do to them.

2. My mistake regarding the video, it was meant to show his firepower, yes I know there were two Primes and the situation with the dupes. The second video showcased that he is willing to take chances most other Decepticons would not. Besides Astrotrain, Blitzwing and Bruticus none in the toon stood up to Megs more than once.

3. Regarding the tech specs, overall he is more powerful than the other seekers, the combination of being faster and smarter is why he their leader. All of them are equally if not more cowardly and totally incapable of leading anyting. Your stake in making him seem average means his position is pointless and de-values Megatron in every way. The idea is that SS is capable which is why Megs kept him around despite the many assasination attempts.

4. Regarding Reflector, can't recall seeing him, if so please tell me in what scene because I don't remember.

That would be Shockwave

Shockwave ran Cybertron for Megatron so it would of been logical if he was leader

I totally agree, if Astrotrain got rid of all the others then it would be logical for Shockwave to be the leader.

1. The gun to their head is the reason to fear anyone,

yes, while the gun is to their heads.

But that proves they arent afraid of the guy holding the gun on a regular.

do you not think they aren't afraid of Megatron and what he would do to them.

Yes, and their afraid of him even when he's not around, see the difference?

2. My mistake regarding the video, it was meant to show his firepower,

Yes, but since the one shooting is a clone it didnt prove anything in regards to the real Starscream

The second video showcased that he is willing to take chances most other Decepticons would not.

and yet it showed how stupid he was to take the chance.

3. Regarding the tech specs, overall he is more powerful than the other seekers, the combination of being faster and smarter is why he their leader. All of them are equally if not more cowardly and totally incapable of leading anyting.

Have you read the tech specs recently??

Dirge and Trust are the only ones with a low courage rank.And being smarter and faster may have made him leader, but they hardly make him more powerful.

Your stake in making him seem average means his position is pointless and de-values Megatron in every way.

I have no interest in making him avarage.

But your confusing his strong personality traits with his abilities and powers.

The idea is that SS is capable which is why Megs kept him around despite the many assasination attempts.

or was it the incompetence of the majority of his troops?

4. Regarding Reflector, can't recall seeing him, if so please tell me in what scene because I don't remember.

tftm_blooper_reflector.jpg

BTW, here he is mis colored as Ironhide

Copy2oftftm_ironhide.jpg