G.I.Joe Hawk 12-inch Figure Preview

The Wire

I think this will be General Hawk - as the preview shown back during the 12 Days of Sideshow had him in his bomber jacket. This isn't his original Col. Hawk because he doesn't have the right shoulder harnesses, his sleeves are rolled up, and he doesn't have blonde hair.

Now, why they thought it would be a good idea to show the preview without his bomber jacket or helmet is beyond me.

I'm thinking the bomber jacket will be the exclusive. If so, then it will be sold out in less than an hour.

I like the look of this figure, It's likely going to be on my list of wants.

I'm thinking the bomber jacket will be the exclusive. If so, then it will be sold out in less than an hour.

Have to disagree. The bomber jacket is an iconic part of v2 Hawk's look and making it the exclusive would be cutting their own throat. Generally speaking, the exclusive items are extra heads (Beachhead), accessories like binoculars, bombs, punch daggers, nunchuks, etc...

Neat little extras, but nothing necessary or pertinent to the character design.

Sideshow has up the full picture gallery and he is, indeed, the v2 Hawk with bomber jacket. The exclusive is a switch out head wearing overseas cap.

So, in effect, you could more or less have a v1 Hawk, v2 Hawk, or General Tomahawk (minus the sunglasses.)

Sideshow has up the full picture gallery and he is, indeed, the v2 Hawk with bomber jacket. The exclusive is a switch out head wearing overseas cap.

So, in effect, you could more or less have a v1 Hawk, v2 Hawk, or General Tomahawk (minus the sunglasses.)

Thanks for the headsup. Checked the osw site and found images

You basically get three versions of Hawk with this set (if you buy the ex version)

035443mjmn6m4mzm8nvvym.jpg

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/620919-sideshow-gi-joe-general-hawk-sneak-peak.html

• Like 1

Have to disagree. The bomber jacket is an iconic part of v2 Hawk's look and making it the exclusive would be cutting their own throat. Generally speaking, the exclusive items are extra heads (Beachhead), accessories like binoculars, bombs, punch daggers, nunchuks, etc...

Neat little extras, but nothing necessary or pertinent to the character design.

You are correct. Also, you have good points. I was thinking it would be the jacket after Stalker's sweater was the exclusive.Not gonna lie, part of me was hoping Hawk would have a jet pack as the exclusive accessory, but I actually like the exclusive they came up with and will likely be picking it up.

I'm very impressed with this figure, and this whole series in general. I haven't bought one of these guys since Beach Head, but after seeing this figure, I am probably going to do a little catching up.

In a perfect world, the people making the Joe sequel would base their designs off the Sideshow and POC lines.

Wow...this figure looks awesome.

If I were into 12" figs, I would definitely buy this.

Not to knock the figure, but I'm not really liking the head sculpt on this one. A lot of these Sideshow Joes don't look that good in hand--the faces are not well painted, imo. That is a let-down of sorts, because there's no real reason for it these days. Hot Toys, by comparison has shown that they can do production-line painting and still capture a lot of subtleties with their process--but Sideshow is missing that mark by a wide margin.

Below is a pic of a Gen Hawk I kitbashed out of some various 1/6th scale accessories. I used a Blue Box International Toys F-18 pilot figure as the base and added the uniform parts to it.

Personally I think the head sculpt and face is much better looking than the Sideshow one, but I'm biased right. :rolleyes:

RAHTeam.jpg

I like hawks face sculpt better then duke or flints. why do they have to make em' all look like they have to take a giant sh@t! the beach head exclusive head i thought was really good cause it matched his personality. whats so wrong with giving flint his smirk and duke his winning smile?

TM

I've been really happy with the head sculpts because they look like soldiers who have seen a lot of combat. That's what I would expect from G.I. Joes. Beach Head is actually the sculpt I didn't like. Mainly because the faux-hawk and the fact that I thought he looked like he was trying to make a goofy face.

I agree that the paint jobs could be much better. I remember being excited for the Flint figure, but disappointed when I saw him on display because of the paint.

Other than that, I really love this line because of the detailed outfits and how realistic their accessories are.