well its official walmart droped joe

xhairs

does your walmart still carry joes   

26 members have voted

1. 1. does your walmart still carry joes

• yes
    • no
    • i have a few near me and some do and some dont

I don't drop by here often, but my Walmarts have all dropped Joe as well. I am in the south east USA. That's at least 4 of them that I have checked. The one closest to me has 2 Ice Cutters on the shelf and while they had 2 carded figures as well those are gone. These were shoved on what I would call an "odds and ends" shelf. No tags or pegs. Just stuff sitting there. This is the Walmart I found the new SE figure with removable head and a**load of gear. I got lucky and found 2 of them. That was a few weeks back. Another Walmart close to the hotel I work had the Doom Cycle and Ghost Hawk on the clearance aisle with the Cobra Gunship and Steel Crusher from the movie. (Yeah. They still had them.) My Kmarts and Targets are not even getting that much stuff in. So yeah...I tend to think the movie crap caused this and they ordered POC in limited supply.

Anyone consider that this drop might be temporary? Since GI Joe doesn't really have any supporting media besides the cartoon (and Renegades toys won't show up until fall), maybe Wal-Mart is cutting down on GI Joe for now to make room for the upcoming movie toy tie-ins like Thor and Green Lantern?

I know in my area all of the Wal-Marts stopped carrying DC Universe Classics for a while until wave 12 (Darkseid wave) and then they all started carrying them again (wave 15 is available in my area as of now).

PharmV

Anyone consider that this drop might be temporary? Since GI Joe doesn't really have any supporting media besides the cartoon (and Renegades toys won't show up until fall), maybe Wal-Mart is cutting down on GI Joe for now to make room for the upcoming movie toy tie-ins like Thor and Green Lantern?

I know in my area all of the Wal-Marts stopped carrying DC Universe Classics for a while until wave 12 (Darkseid wave) and then they all started carrying them again (wave 15 is available in my area as of now).

PharmV

that could be what is going on. its to hard to tell right now. though till the movie joe really didn't have any tie ins for the last few yrs so that shouldn't really matter for this line. i do think ROC has alot to do with this as walmarts here over loaded on the first few waves and then had to clearance the line just to move it. so now i think walmart is just saying there is no place for joe in most of there stores. so i guess time will tell what happens but with 64% of us not having joes in the store it is not looking good.

Why the hell am I getting this in my PM today??

FROM Xhairs: what is your prob anyway. also if you look the poll shows 64% of us dont have joes. so you coming at me just made you look like a fool. so what the hell did i do to you anyway? or do you like to just stir the pot ? cuse i prove you where wrong and i was right. there is a large decrees in joes at walmarts.

Y'know Sean, if you actually engaged your brain instead of your ego, and read this thread, including all of my responses and all of the OTHER responses, you'd see where I am coming from.

If you really cannot figure this out then that is just too damn bad.

Would someone else like to stab a stab at explaining why his "poll" means nothing?? xhairs is obviously not going to listen to anything I would say.

FROM Xhairs: what is your prob anyway. also if you look the poll shows 64% of us dont have joes. so you coming at me just made you look like a fool. so what the hell did i do to you anyway? or do you like to just stir the pot ? cuse i prove you where wrong and i was right. there is a large decrees in joes at walmarts.

Y'know Sean, if you actually engaged your brain instead of your ego, and read this thread, including all of my responses and all of the OTHER responses, you'd see where I am coming from.

Would someone else like to stab a stab at explaining why his "poll" means nothing?? xhairs is obviously not going to listen to anything I would say.

cuse i thought i could find out what i did or why you act the way you do. in private instead of public i was wrong.

cuse i thought i could find out what i did or why you act the way you do. in private instead of public but i guess u need your ego stroked or something. cuse you cant man up and answer me in a pm you have to come here and post it wow.

Seriously can you all knock this 12 yr old stuff off. Surely you all can handle yourselves better than this?

Sean--

I have written exactly what I wanted to say in this thread, and exactly what I would have said in a PM, or in a face-to-face discussion.

This isn't about my ego at all.

I have no need or reason to discuss this with you privately, and if you have anything to say to me you can do so in the view of everyone, just as I would do to you.

I'm man enough to bear the scrutiny of EVERYONE who reads this, whether I am right or wrong, which is why I keep it out in the open........oh, tell me that is another thing you haven't considered?

I'm not going to say what I think has become obvious here, I'll let anyone who reads this come up with that on their own.

I stand by every word I have written.

cuse i thought i could find out what i did or why you act the way you do. in private instead of public i was wrong.

come on man.. you don't really think "cuse" is a good shortening of because... or that decrease is spelled "decrees" do you?? I know people use shortcuts or whatever and make typos.. but whenever you are in an argument or debate, you really do need to appear to have a grasp of the language to have some sort of credibility.

also, you can't possibly believe that a poll in this thread, in this forum, holds any water in regards to how many walmarts have actually stopped selling GiJoe... do you? The only thing your poll measures is how many people, that visit this forum, that read this thread, that chose to participate in your poll.... (that is a whopping total of 26 votes so far).... you do know that there are WAAAAAAy more than 26 people in the US right? and more than 26 walmarts... and more than 26 walmarts that still sell GiJoe. I have about 20 walmarts in my area, I believe 18 of them still sell GiJoe... but of course I couldn't put in 18 "yes" votes lol

dont worry i use to work for walmart and in the toy section.from time to time they stop carring smaller lines for various reasons and start again later in the year.the reasons vary from lack of sales lack of product availbility or they just dont have room right now my guess would be that because of all the movies starting to come out with their own toy lines this year(thor, captain america, transformers, etc) they blew their budget on that merchandise and gijoe was one of the lines to suffer.it sucks for me as a joe fan but i stopped buying my stuff in stores long ago cause its just easier to order off the net and wait for ups to deliever it!

come on man.. you don't really think "cuse" is a good shortening of because... or that decrease is spelled "decrees" do you??

A poor choice of spelling, for sure, however, I once saw someone use "prolly" (probably) so frequently that I actually had to re-read it several times to make sure he was that dumb. I have yet to see a word that beats "prolly".

:OT: