well its official walmart droped joe

xhairs

does your walmart still carry joes   

26 members have voted

1. 1. does your walmart still carry joes

• yes
    • no
    • i have a few near me and some do and some dont

With the figures and vehilces we saw at Toyfair.I am wondering how Hasbro is going to offer them.Our Target have a huge back log of wave 2 and some wave 3(no shock tooper).I would like to get the black dragon gunship.That thing looked nice.TRU has been slow at getting new stuff.Oh,they did get some ROC,the one with the Paraviper and Dr Lewis.

I would bet by next fall Walmart has them again. I do wish we would have gotten some of the other POC stuff that was showwed at the Con and SDCC last year. The transforming cycle and second wave of the Mechs. I believe a couple other vechilcles have been cancelled too (Cobra hiss scout?).

65%? Really? Okay... Like others have said, it's a store by store basis... YOUR WM stopped selling Joes, they probably did horrible with the movie figs, so they looked at the space when revamping the toy aisle and cut it cause there's only a couple waves coming till the 30th stuff comes out. They probably thing they're going to jam a bunch of Thor figures in there and sell a buttload of them,lol...

But again, it's not ALL WMs, Mine here has pegs, and has vehicles still. I was two towns over, and they still had Joes... So, I guess if you still need Joes, come to Chi-town, cause X says every other WM in the world doesn't have them... @smilepunch@

I was two towns over, and they still had Joes... So, I guess if you still need Joes, come to Chi-town, cause X says every other WM in the world doesn't have them... @smilepunch@

HAH! You seen the price of gas?? :wacko:

• Like 3

Don't forget with the movie lines coming out this year, what with Thor, Captian America, Green Lantern, Transformers: The Dark Of The Moon, Pirates Of The Carabbiean 4, and Cars 2(That is this year, right), that those lines will be taking up a lot of space on retail shelfs, espically with all the various toys that these lines will come out with. Based on this, if it's true that Wal-mart(At least in the U.S.) is dropping the Joe line, it could be so that they can have shelf space for these movie lines, espeically when you consider the amount of toys Joe is coming out with compaire to these Movie lines.

That said, Wal-mart could always bring them back as well(At least by the Fall when the Renegades toys start show up), or Wal-mart could be just ordering them from time to time, instead of restocking on a normal basis. Should note that I'm just guessing here.

It's not true and it's not happening at most Walmarts... SOME walmarts are dropping GiJoe. If you paid really close attention, you would probably see that they are dropping the pegs for other lines too. Remember a while back there was a report that Walmarts across the country were going to be shrinking their toy aisles? I do. This is just a product of that.

My closest walmart just finished the reset and they still have 8 pegs for GiJoe. And they are brand new tags, so I know they won't be dropping the line anytime soon.

btw, they also just got a case of the latest wave (Lowlight, Skydive) in last night.. at least the third case they have received of this wave.

65%? Really? Okay... Like others have said, it's a store by store basis... YOUR WM stopped selling Joes, they probably did horrible with the movie figs, so they looked at the space when revamping the toy aisle and cut it cause there's only a couple waves coming till the 30th stuff comes out. They probably thing they're going to jam a bunch of Thor figures in there and sell a buttload of them,lol...

But again, it's not ALL WMs, Mine here has pegs, and has vehicles still. I was two towns over, and they still had Joes... So, I guess if you still need Joes, come to Chi-town, cause X says every other WM in the world doesn't have them... @smilepunch@

well im not just counting the ppl on here joe but from other joe sites on the net. i fig a good 65% of walmarts & super walmarts have dropped them for now. i was a disbeliever about walamrt dropping joe till it hit here. i just wrote it off as a very small % of store like the non super walmarts and then my super walmart & non super walmart dropped it. also not the world just the USA.

Well,the Madison Walmart has dropped GI Joe from the aisle.Athens already did as well.Same with Univertiy Drive.Both Targets we have are backed up with the remains of waves 2 and 3.TRU is sluggish as usual with getting in stuff.At least I did find some shocktrooper.The thing that bugs me is the cool stuff we saw at Toyfair will probably never will make it to our part of Alabama.No thanks to Walmart.

I have worked both Target and Walmart, and I know what an isle planning sheet looks like. Walmart employees are too lazy to pick up those sheets that they leave lying around. Anyone can look at what the "Spring Set-up" is supposed to look like. I know that the Walmart near me is not receiving, or expecting anything right now.

Had to get some toothpaste and Qtips today...

ee40e12b.jpg

They had 4 Lowlights... must have just put up a couple cases. Tron figs were also on clearance for $5...

@firedevil@

OH NOES!!!! IT'S OFFICIAL, WALMART KILLED THE TRON FRANCHISE!!!!!

EDIT: And the reason you're getting crapped on X, is cause the way you came off in your thread. "It's official", "All Walmarts", "65% of Walmarts" and crap like that. If you came here stating your stores stopped carrying them and read other have, then I'm sure it wouldn't have been the way it was, but coming in here like you just got out of an interview with Sam Walton himself and he told you they weren't carrying Joes anymore.. well, that's why we're giving you crap. ;)

Had to get some toothpaste and Qtips today...

ee40e12b.jpg

They had 4 Lowlights... must have just put up a couple cases. Tron figs were also on clearance for $5...

@firedevil@

OH NOES!!!! IT'S OFFICIAL, WALMART KILLED THE TRON FRANCHISE!!!!!

EDIT: And the reason you're getting crapped on X, is cause the way you came off in your thread. "It's official", "All Walmarts", "65% of Walmarts" and crap like that. If you came here stating your stores stopped carrying them and read other have, then I'm sure it wouldn't have been the way it was, but coming in here like you just got out of an interview with Sam Walton himself and he told you they weren't carrying Joes anymore.. well, that's why we're giving you crap. ;)

i said "well its official walmart dropped joe here at least" i have seen and read where alot of ppl have said there walmarts have dropped the line. joe your a mod be more respectful. when yours drops it don't cry about it. your pretty much the only one who has given me crap while other have said it in a nicer way. also just saying what the toy manger said to me. so fault me for reporting what i was told my god. u want to dig me for it whatever just saying what i was told. still waitting for hasbro to get back to me too. why dont you email them and ask them instead of just saying what your walmart is doing if you want to prove me wrong.

i said "well its official walmart dropped joe here at least" i have seen and read where alot of ppl have said there walmarts have dropped the line. joe your a mod be more respectful. when yours drops it don't cry about it. your pretty much the only one who has given me crap while other have said it in a nicer way. also just saying what the toy manger said to me. so fault me for reporting what i was told my god. u want to dig me for it whatever just saying what i was told. still waitting for hasbro to get back to me too. why dont you email them and ask them instead of just saying what your walmart is doing if you want to prove me wrong.

Haven't you gotten the message in all this??

You've jumped to conclusions.

Yeah, its "official" alright, but probably just official in your head. Okay, so you've made an erroneous assumption...big deal, it happens.

If you want to defend your assumption, go right ahead, but it'll be your time and energy to waste.

And why do I say that?

Well, think about it..........if you have jumped to conclusions that "Walmart has stopped selling Joes".......or that YOUR Walmart has stopped selling them when it is NOT the case, or MIGHT NOT be the case, then what to do?

They might stock them again in the coming weeks or months..........but the bottom line is that SOME of the stores will stock them.

And you know what that means?

Yeah, your obvious worries are unjustified........you can still get them.

That is why you've been ragged on and that is the message you have missed.

And if you want some of these figures that Walmart "officially no longer sells".......maybe just ask! @smilepunch@

• Like 1

Haven't you gotten the message in all this??

You've jumped to conclusions.

Yeah, its "official" alright, but probably just official in your head. Okay, so you've made an erroneous assumption...big deal, it happens.

If you want to defend your assumption, go right ahead, but it'll be your time and energy to waste.

And why do I say that?

Well, think about it..........if you have jumped to conclusions that "Walmart has stopped selling Joes".......or that YOUR Walmart has stopped selling them when it is NOT the case, or MIGHT NOT be the case, then what to do?

They might stock them again in the coming weeks or months..........but the bottom line is that SOME of the stores will stock them.

And you know what that means?

Yeah, your obvious worries are unjustified........you can still get them.

That is why you've been ragged on and that is the message you have missed.

And if you want some of these figures that Walmart "officially no longer sells".......maybe just ask! @smilepunch@

u can still get them in your area but not mine so you can sit there and say what you want but when 5 walmarts and 3 our super walmarts in driving distance dont have the line on the shelves then you would be worried too. it is official in my area as they dropped the line for now or what ever the line is no on the pegs. i love how you dismiss what i say even though the planograms didnt have a spot for them either. then when i asked the toy manger and he said they would no longer be carrying joes.

also im not the only one on here to see that there walmarts stopped carrying joes also.

Went to 2 Wal*Marts yesterday, and they both had Joes. When GIJoe II comes out, they will work them back into the set...toys these days are based on movies in the theatre (Pirates, Thor, Cap, Tron) and what's on TV (Clone Wars, WWE and soon to be Renegades). And with the next 2 waves of Joes...I could care less if they ever show up...least for myself. For the fans...there's always the net. Or go to Target!

I took my digital camera around and to phots at 2 Walmarts.One in Athens,Alabama and one in Huntsville.Unlike

JoeRhyno.This is how bad things are.One Walmart even clearance the Marvel Universe stuff.How do you explain this?The GI Joe stuff usually was next to the Corps crap.

post-3975-0-08759100-1299951596_thumb.jpg

post-3975-0-52495400-1299951608_thumb.jpg

I explain it like others have and that some Walmarts stopped ordering Joes because of poor sales/lack of room/space or what not. It's not a Walmart as a whole scenario as it was first made out to be in the original post. For example, You and Draven live in the same state, his WMs have Joes, yours don't.. plain and simple. Yours didn't order them for their resets, his did. Now if everyone went to their stores and took pictures and then we calculated how many had Joes and how many didn't, maybe we could get a better idea of the real percentage rather than taking a number out of thin air and saying 65% of all walmarts don't carry them.

If anyone needs the new wave, two of my local WMs have them, and I'm taking a trip up to Wisconsin tomorrow, so I could snag some more if needed. Let me know, I'd be more than happy to help anyone out there that can't get them locally(even you X). Just let me know before Sunday, 9AM-ish(central)

Its simple, there are 3 toy planagrams at WM. It depends on sale what planagram your store gets. I call them A B and C stores. It does not even matter if its a Supercenter! That does not make it a A. In fact with WM closing most non regular WM's and changing them to Super, that means nothing anymore. In my area out of 17 WM's within a 2 hour distance, all are now SC.7 carry GI Joe. And all of them have the large toy sets. The ones with MU, DCUC and Halo. The smaller profit stores don't have those things. Its nothing new! If your store does not sell enough toys, the shrink the ilse. So its not WM's fault, its the area you live in not supporting the toy departments! Cry all you want, anyone. Not directed at anyone, but its been this way for a long time at WM. And Joe has not been a regular stock item most of the last decade! Just during the movie days did all store carry it and you won't see that again till movie 2.

Draven

And like Joe said I can help others if needed when I see them. As of now my WMs are down to just Shadow Tracker, Destro and Skydive the ones I can get to without driving 45 plus minutes.

Draven

u can still get them in your area but not mine so you can sit there and say what you want but when 5 walmarts and 3 our super walmarts in driving distance dont have the line on the shelves then you would be worried too.

No, I WOULD NOT BE WORRIED.

Here's why: as long as the stuff is out there, it can be had. That's the gold rule.

If its available anywhere, in today's market you CAN get your hands on the stuff.

Its not magic or special privilege, it straight forward logic and savvy.

If you want something and cannot get it yourself.........ask for help.

<gasp!> Wow, what a concept. Asking. For help. Like that has never been done before!

I've lived in places where stuff I collected wasn't accessible to me, but I still managed to collect. All I did was ASK fellow collectors that I knew and could trust to help out. And they did.

If they had access, then I had access, through them.

It works. Trust me on this one.

it is official in my area as they dropped the line for now or what ever the line is no on the pegs. i love how you dismiss what i say even though the planograms didnt have a spot for them either. then when i asked the toy manger and he said they would no longer be carrying joes.

also im not the only one on here to see that there walmarts stopped carrying joes also.

So what you are saying is you want to hold a pity party and serve up a platter of learned helplessness??

OH C'MON!

So the hell what!! Nothing stops you from asking for help in finding the stuff, right?

Nothing is stopping fellow collectors who have the stuff in storse around them from helping you get that stuff is there?

If that is the case.............then what is the problem?

Yeah, I dismiss what you say because you have options you are not considering.

Go on and keep enjoying collecting, BECAUSE NOTHING IS STOPPING YOU FROM THAT!

And that goes anyone else with the same "problem". Geez, you all are in a collecting community with access all over the country, the continent, the world.......and all you have to do is ASK for help and someone.......at some point, will step up and help.

That is why I dismiss this "problem| as something of a joke, because its not really a problem at all.

There's so many ways to ENJOY collecting that it always blows my mind that people can focus on only the miserable things.

• Like 1