well its official walmart droped joe

xhairs

does your walmart still carry joes   

26 members have voted

1. 1. does your walmart still carry joes

• yes
    • no
    • i have a few near me and some do and some dont

well its official walmart dropped joes they just did a restock here and no joes so i asked and they said they will no longer be carrying the line. way to go walmart just kill joe some more. i know ppl have said there stores have dropped it already but i talked to a manger at my super walmart and they said they will no longer carry the line. they didnt give me a reason on why they dropped it.

so lets all hope tru and target step up to the plate and keep the line going strong.

You might want to be more specific: YOUR Walmart has stopped carrying Joes--its NOT nationwide, nor even chain-wide. Canadian Walmarts are still carrying Joes, and conversely, Canadian TRU's appear to not be carrying GIJOE product at this time. Key phrase there, "at this time" because they could very well carry it again this year,

And don't forget, Walmart might not be carrying them for this quarter, they might very well carry the line again for the fall. This sort of thing happens all the time with smaller lines like this. I wouldn't consider it to be a permanent move.

• Like 1

I am deeply concerned. At my nearest Wall-Mart they have one narrow row of pegs with GI Joe on the tag sitting empty. Even "The Corps" has three rows.

What could possibly be going on here. No offense to any body's political sensibilities, but GI Joe feeds right into Wall-Mart's notorious pro-Americain, pro-military corporate identity. Wether they truly believe in it, or exploit it for profit- I can't understand why they would drop such an iconically American toy franchise. And considering that about 80% of the action figure isle is full of Hasbro merchandise, GI joe is clearly being singled out.

TNI, I would greatly appreciate some reporting on this strange circumstance (you guys are the best on the web).

that was the first think i checked was the planagram sheets and no joes on the sheet thats when i asked to speak to a manger and i did say here.in the sub topic. i know alot of places around the country have had no joes for awhile. so i thought well maybe it was just them. now it has hit my area and herd it from a manger i think all walmart will follow suit.

arrow well thats Canada so they could still carry them as they work dif over there then here. we got stuff yours didnt then you got some stuff we didnt. so it might not affect you at all. im just telling ya what i found out here. as well as what i read on the net from other ppl of not having joes. i did email hasbro about this to see if they could answer this for me.

I am deeply concerned. At my nearest Wall-Mart they have one narrow row of pegs with GI Joe on the tag sitting empty. Even "The Corps" has three rows.

What could possibly be going on here. No offense to any body's political sensibilities, but GI Joe feeds right into Wall-Mart's notorious pro-Americain, pro-military corporate identity. Wether they truly believe in it, or exploit it for profit- I can't understand why they would drop such an iconically American toy franchise. And considering that about 80% of the action figure isle is full of Hasbro merchandise, GI joe is clearly being singled out.

TNI, I would greatly appreciate some reporting on this strange circumstance (you guys are the best on the web).

I think the question is one that should be posed (yet again) at the upcoming GIJOE convention roundtable.

But I'll go out on a limb and say the answer is probably what we have gotten before: no conspiracy, no deliberate slight, its just that retailers are not ordering GIJOE products in depth because consumers are just not that interested in GIJOE.

The movie is/was part of it.......there was a lot of stock that was moved on discount , but from what I gather the movie line DID sell modestly well. Still there was enough that did not move so that retailers are going light on POC.

Yeah, we know that's a shame because POC is nice stuff, but the retailers don't see it that way........they just see it as units that have to move. So, YES, POC does move nicely ( by the sounds of things) but its been ordered in such small amounts that its not even a blip on the radar.

It moves for what it is, and there's probably no clamour for more of it, certainly not enough to be stocked more heavily. Its not a movie line, its got no current tie-in so why order a lot of it?

If each store got double the current amount of cases they have of GIJOE, would it all sell through? Probably not, and that is why there's no more of it being seen, and why some stores are dropping it.

It is, as it has been for many years now, just another perennial niche toy-line.

To be honest I wish there was a little truth to this. I think GI Joe works enough but just isn't my personal tastes. I wish they falter enough that Hasblow would revamp the line.

Bring back the O bands

Remove the mid-waste swivel

End the thin body sculpts

Make a Cobra Commander with a decent helmet -- it's 2011 and they can't make a decent helmet.

Well it seems to me that the Walmarts around me have slowly been dropping the line. There are seven and with last fall's reset five of them dropped Joes. The lone two that still carried them have not dropped them as of Monday. The two Kmart left here have also dropped them which just leaves the five Targets and the one TRU left and TU jhasn't restocked since right after Christmas.

I can understand Walmart doing this and I think the possibility of them bringing it back in this fall is there. Right now they want to focus on all these toylines that have tie in and Joe really doesn't (no I don;t really count renegades). But the last time Walmart did this it was the end of Joe for a while.

dude, it's just your local walmart.

and the manager there likely has no idea what products walmart corp. do and don't carry. You think they sent a memo to all the managers saying that they won't be selling joes anymore????

Columbus Ohio here, and no Joes in sight at several Walmarts I've been to in the last week or so. I didn't bother to ask a manager about it, but the shelves were void of Joe product, at least HERE! Take it for what it's worth.

• Like 5

I think saying it's "official" is a very bold statement. I'm in the lower mainland of B.C. and we still have Joes coming into Walmart, but they only bring more in once the shelves are cleaned out. The one by my place has had two wave 3 Dukes on the shelf for a few weeks now, so they aren't bringing more in until those two sell. I've been to a few Toys R Us locations and none of them carry Joe product anymore. Zellers still brings them in, and K-Mart will be coming to town in the next year or so, so I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm with the belief that ROC has ruined Joe collecting. So many places here aren't able to get rid of the ROC stuff even at discount.

I'm with the belief that ROC has ruined Joe collecting. So many places here aren't able to get rid of the ROC stuff even at discount.

ROC sold well in the stores around me, but it did not sell-through, some of it lagged. I would gauge the interest as modest, and there was a decent amount of stock on hand when it started.

But when it went to discount where I am, TRU was cleared out of ROC in no time. The $2.98 figure salse wiped the shelves clean, and I think the Stingray boat set moved a bit slower. The discounted items moved really fast--but discounts are the sign the product has failed at retail.

The retailer that is killing Joes here is Zellers, they have the Target exclusives on for a discount.....THREE DOLLARS off a $29 tag. All together now........woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Complete shelf-glue.

They have plenty of the stuff, but POC figures fly off these stores, doesn't matter where you go.

Vehicle sets don't though....and that is the problem. The vehicles are the items that have the "footprint", they take up shelf space more so than the figures do.

I think TRU is just holding off on bringing in POC, a bit later this year. I don't think they are done with Joes, and Walmart up here certainly isn't done with them

I think part of it is the retailers' faults as well. The Wal marts and Toys R Us's brought in TONS of the first wave, so it's no wonder that they had so much left over.

I blame ROC, but it's from several factors. The movie stinks, the likenesses are based on bad actors, there was very little troop building potential, retailers ordered way too much, etc.

Hasbro has smartened up with some great troop building opportunities and better sculpts, but It's gonna be hard to win back the retailers.

I have a Zellers in my area that has the target Exclusive set for $3 off as well. They have a huge display full of them still!

The real problem is that ther nothing out there promoting Joe. You got the comics, but no one reads comics (or so they say. I guess I'm no one). You have Renegades, but that's on a fringe channel that no one gets and the toys that are out now have nothing to do with that show. So Walmarts going to turn to the toys that hvae movies coming out (Capt America, Thor, Green Latern and TF), things that are proven sellers like Star Wars and wrestling. Or things that have a name to them : Iron Man, Spiderman, Batman and the like. Like I said maybe we'll see a push in the fall when Renegade Toys come out, but I wouldn't be surprised if Walmarts just sits out for a while. It took them a while to get the 25th stuff, they always seem to have a wait a see approuch to lines that are small.

I think saying it's "official" is a very bold statement. I'm in the lower mainland of B.C. and we still have Joes coming into Walmart, but they only bring more in once the shelves are cleaned out. The one by my place has had two wave 3 Dukes on the shelf for a few weeks now, so they aren't bringing more in until those two sell. I've been to a few Toys R Us locations and none of them carry Joe product anymore. Zellers still brings them in, and K-Mart will be coming to town in the next year or so, so I'm crossing my fingers.

well it is around here it is official and i asked at the other walmart near me and they said the same dam thing. im waiting to hear back from hasbro. it could be store to store but to me it seems like a lot of us are not seeing joes at walmart anymore and i do blame roc. arrow your in canada so it might have sold better there. they didnt do so well here i mean hell tru still has roc and they just put out more for there sale they had here.

also it wont be the first time walmart dropped the joe line so it wouldn't be a shock if they did it agin.

Sometimes it's probably just a lull in ordering new product for the line, maybe even skipping orders for the time being and then they'll suddenly show up again?

• Like 5

lets hope. i think roc killed it for joe with most stores as they didnt move much of it till they went on sale. alot of ppl on other sites have seen walmart drop joe. so to me it seems like what the manger said to me is coming true.

3 local Walmarts on my local route and none have had Joes for several weeks since the reconfiguring of the store (except a SSv39 that sat lonely there forever). I asked the toy manager this morning and he said it was not on the planogram and they have no spaces for it.

Its a store thing not a company thing! I am sorry X I really am but im not trying to make it harder to deal with for you! @loll@ My WM went from 4 to 8 pegs in the reset yesterday!

Draven