G.I.Joe: Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 5-6 Loose & Carded Images

The Wire

I'll probably pick up:

Cobra Enemy - gonna get a few of them. They are a nice tribute to the original with some nice details.

Viper - at first I wasn't sure about the pants, but I think they are a more realistic update for the original. I don't like the big cannon and I wish they came with more gear. I'll get a few.

Hawk - I really dislike his legs, but I think he could be saved with a swap of some sort. He has some cool gear and weapons. But he IS NOT Hawk.

Steel Brigade - another one that I wasn't very keen on until I saw it on the card.

Iron Grenadier - this dude just looks pretty badass! I'll happily scoop up a small squad.

Rock Viper - I am not sure if I would consider him "RockViper" but he is pretty interesting. I'll get one.

I am unsure of:

Jungle Bat - I didn't want him because I didn't think the concept was necessary, but he looks really cool on card and has some good gear.

Crazylegs - I really want a Crazylegs figure, he was one of my favorites as a kid and I was excited to hear he was coming.. but I just don't like this figure very much. I don't like his legs or his face at all.

Looking forward to temple gaurdian Se, call me nuts but it's great custom fodder, Budo, Slice, Dice etc. Not to mention the fact that underneath that dice mask appears to be a blond half masked se !

-Those Snow Serpent legs on Crazy Legs were a bad choice. They're almost as bad as the Buzzer torso on Leatherneck. I'll prbably still pick him up still but he's pretty disappointing.

- Hawk is okay but should be someone else.

-CC looks terrible with that over-sized vest. Adding a cape certainly didn't help.

-Cobra Trooper is actually not bad, but I'm still getting over my Trooper fatigue from the 25th line.

-The Viper has been done before and much better.

-Rock Viper is a pretty lazy attempt on Hasbro's part. Disappointing that this is probably the only one we'll get.

-Iron Grenadier is pretty awesome. One of the few I look forward to.

-SE is really ugly. The three heads are nice but it's not enough to save the figure.

-Looks like Croc Master got every reptile Hasbro could throw together (at the last minute).

I'm glad Toyfare proved there were better things to come because if this was all to look forward to I'd be pretty disappointed right now.

I don't like Crazy Legs leg choice either but I still like the fig enough to really want him. I also like the IG, Bat, SB, Viper and blueshirt a lot. Over all I am pleased.

Draven

What's going on with that alternate Snake Eyes head? It looks like it comes with a bandaged head or something.

They both kinda look like the masks Slice and Dice wore

3360382455_f8ffa307a0_z.jpg

d1.jpg

I think it'll make for some awesome customs of the two characters, if people haven't already followed with these examples? I like the Dice head best....should look pretty damn intimidating. ^_^

My two cents...

Blowtorch: I love it, and I love how they added the green accents here and there to give him a slightly more military feel. They even gave him an extra gun, which I find very interesting. It's like giving Barbecue an assault weapon; weird but cool nonetheless.

Cobra Commander: Is he the new Snake-Eyes or Duke of the line? Are we now gonna get a new Commander every other wave? I was perfectly satisfied with the one from the first wave. Yeah, it was mostly a repainted ROC Cobra Commander with a new head, but what a difference the new colors and mask made. It's so much more interesting than this version. In my mind, if they were gonna invoke the classic look like with so many other figures in this line, why not do a little more faithful version like they did with the Cobra Trooper? Bah...a missed opportunity. I will say I like this figure better without the cape. I'll wait and see what it looks like in person before I pass final judgement.

Cobra Trooper: Perfection. I love it. The only thing missing is the classic cardback.

General Hawk: I absolutely love this figure. Hawk has always been one of my favorite Joes, and this new version is a great, proactive "field-leader" take on him. I love it. Another home run for me.

Iron Grenadier: Wow. I mean, don't get me wrong; I would have preferred to get this figure in classic IG colors, but it looks great. To me it almost looks like what Iron Grenadiers would look like were they incorporated into Cobra's forces, which would make sense after all these years. Love it.

Viper: It's a kinda standard-looking, straight-up re-issue, almost boring version of the Viper, but I really like it. It seems to have a more military feel to it than even the original design.

Steel Brigade Trooper: Ohh...as a kid I sent off for the original figure. How cool was it to come up with your own code-name and file card info for a G.I. Joe figure that was supposed to be you underneath that wicked helmet? And I used to imagine that the helmet had all kinds of cool features, like night vision and targeting systems. I was so excited to be getting what was essentially a figure of myself for my own G.I. Joe team...but it never came in the mail. I was so disappointed. So you can imagine the excitement I have over this new figure. I might finally be able to enjoy having at least a cool version of the Steel Brigade Trooper after so many years. If I could just remember what my code-name was. (lol) Seriously, I think this new figure is a great, cool, detailed update of a personal favorite for me. I must have it. And I still love that wicked-cool helmet, even though I'm pretty sure there's not an awesome sculpt of my face underneath. (lol) It just looks so darn cool and intimidating to me...

Jungle B.A.T.: I really should hate this figure; it's a repaint of the way-overused anniversary B.A.T. mold that they simply slapped a ROC Heavy Duty gatlin gun on...but I still love it. I love the mold, and I love the gun. Add that to the cool camo colors, and you have a neat and unexpected figure.

Crazy Legs: As a kid, as much as I always loved Airborne, I always viewed Crazy Legs as the "updated" Airborne, or rather the new face to fill Airborne's role on the team, as did so many other characters. So I always liked him by default. I have to say that I don't share the disappointment that so many others seem to have for this figure. It's a perfect re-use of older parts that seem to fit the design of the original naturally. I simply love this figure and just have to have it. It's perfect to me. Again I just wish I could get one on a classic cardback.

Croc Master: If there was a pass for me in this wave, then this figure would definitely be it. I really liked the anniversary mold, but the anniversary colors were much better. The new colors on this one only highlight the wonky torso that the original's colors seem to hide somehow. Meh.

Rock Viper: Aw yeah...another home run. This version just looks more detailed and realistic than the inexplicably mustachioed original. (lol) I mean, c'mon...the entire platoon grew mustaches?! (lol) I love love love this figure anc could easily see myself army-building it.

Snake-Eyes: He's my favorite Joe, but Hasbro decided to follow up the most awesome version of Snake-Eyes ever with...this? It seems to make even less sense than that weird "jungle"/action-feature-laden version. I mean, I can see the customizing potential that others are mentioning, but...I just don't like the strictly ninja/samauri/Ninja Turtle versions of Snake-Eyes. Give me the more realistic and deadly commando-that-just-so-happens-to-be-trained-in-the-ninja-arts version every time. But really...when you've created the most awesome Snake-Eyes figure ever, when you've reached the pinnacle, there's nowhere to go but down baby. (lol)

All things said, these waves may get me actively involved in collecting Joes again. It's that good IMHO.