Most of cast not returning for GI Joe 2....

RobbieDigital

Saw this over at Joblo.com.......which is a movie news sight I frequent. I don't know how I feel about it. I mean they could be adding Duke to a "Bravo" team of sorts since the team in the first movie was referred to team "Alpha" but who knows. Channing Tatum was probably the worst of all the actors in the first, I liked Rachel Nichols as Scarlett. Kinda bummed..... Also whats up with the villain? No CC...... @grumpy@ (In one form or another)

http://www.joblo.com/most-of-the-gi-joe-cast-loses-the-battle-to-return-for-the-sequel

I really don't believe it to be honest.... so we shall see. I find it hard to believe Scarlet, Baroness, Destro, CC will not be back. Most likely new actors/actress's. The 3 listed will probably be the same actors.

Draven

it's totally fine with me... gives them a chance to actually make a good movie.

Who are we going to lose here?

Scarlett - okay, maybe she could have been redeemed.

Breaker - sucked! Since they already wasted his character, maybe they can introduce Dialtone and/or Mainframe instead.

Heavy Duty - another horrible rendition of the character, who actually should have never been in the movie in the first place. They could easily replace him and do far better with Roadblock.

Gen Hawk - actually, I didn't mind him very much. He was probably the best Joe from the first movie. Dennise Quaid is a badass actor too. They should have kept him.

Ripcord - the worst thing about the Joe team. Good riddance.

Baroness - not my Baroness... but it's too bad they wasted the character..

Destro - should have probably returned for the 2nd movie.

CC - mmm.. I am not sure.. I hated the way he looked in the first... but he could have been saved.

Neovipers - dog crap.

so.. I don't think we are losing anything on the Joe side.. but I don't know how they can do the movie without CC and Destro... maybe they just meant that those two would be rebooted or something... who knows.

But the first movie was terrible, so it gives me hope to know that the second will be drastically different

Surely see meant actors. Most I can imagine that we can do with it, even if we will miss them (like scarlet and hawk) But destro and CC are vital. The "rise" of cobra was anticlimatic enough, for Cobra Commander or Destro to not be around at all would be pathetic. Surely cobra is going to be in it correct? If not what was the rise for? And who else could take their place? Serpy if cobra needs a new leader, maybe, but w/o cobra peroid i don't think Red Shadows/Skar/ or any other B-team can help the franchise recover.

I'm wondering how many of those actors were cut and how many didn't want to be connected to the sequel. At any rate, I'm begining to question if this movie is going to materialize at all. Not saying it won't but It's going to be a lot more difficult to move forward with three quarters of the original cast missing. It's funny to me how many of the comments on that link are screaming reboot because I seriously doubt Paramount would bother doing that after one movie which was a huge critical failure.

Ripcord was an embarassment

Scarlett there was nothing wrong with her same with baroness

Cobra Commander: looked stupid but they could of fixed his design

Zartan: freaking badass

Destro: eh

neo-vipers: okay nothing great

the more I hear of the sequel the more I dislike it the Rise of Cobra was actually pretty good but this just sounds terrible I mean you get a director known for music basedmovies to direct a sci fi war movie and now getting rid of most of the actors from the first movie this sounds just as bad as Revenge of the fallen if not worse I'm one hair away from saying no to this film

I really don't believe it to be honest.... so we shall see. I find it hard to believe Scarlet, Baroness, Destro, CC will not be back. Most likely new actors/actress's. The 3 listed will probably be the same actors.

Draven

Same here. I think the tweet just confirms on who is already casted for the part and not necessarily a final decision on who is returning to the film

the more I hear of the sequel the more I dislike it the Rise of Cobra was actually pretty good

pretty good?

riiiiiggghhhhht.... because movies that are "pretty good" always get completely rebuilt when they try to do a sequel

the more I hear of the sequel the more I dislike it the Rise of Cobra was actually pretty good

pretty good?

riiiiiggghhhhht.... because movies that are "pretty good" always get completely rebuilt when they try to do a sequel

Remember those clowns who ran around this forum last year trashing every comic book movie that wasn't based on the exact interpretation of the source material?

They should have been bashing The Rise of Cobra. Joe fans (myself included) have been waiting for a live-action film for the better part of two decades and Hollywood ruined it.

This whole thing is textbook Hollywood.

The only reason they're even thinking of a sequel is because the first one brought in more money than it cost to make. Lableing it a "success". Fans, critics, the average Joe, and even the actors knew the movie sucked. The sequel is a go because odds are it will make a profit, not because people want one. That's why they're forging forward even without half the cast.

And really, who will miss them?