kjaer21

Your favorite vehicles list.

Apart from the U.S.S. FLAGG & DEFIANT SPACE COMPLEX, what is your favorite top ten vehicles in order for both G.I. Joe & Cobra? (It can be of any G.I. Joe ERA) Here are mine:

Joes:

1. KILLER W.H.A.L.E.

2. TOMAHAWK

3. SNOW CAT

4. SKYSTIKER [XP-14F]

5. A.W.E. STRIKER

6. MAULER M.B.T.

7. WOLVERINE

8. VAMP

9. DRAGONFLY

10. M.O.B.A.T.

Cobra:

1. NIGHT RAVEN

2. RATTLER

3. STUN

4. H.I.S.S.

5. FANG

6. STINGER

7. MAGGOT

8. FERRET A.T.V.

9. MORAY HYDROFLOIL

10. MAMBA

While mine are somewhat obscure.Here's mine

GI Joe

1.Skystriker

2.Whale

3.Rolling Thunder

4.APC

5.VAMP

6.Vamp 2

7.Snowcat

8.Wolverine

9.Mobat

10.Dragon Fly

Cobra

1.Rattler

2.HISS

3.Stinger

4.Stun

5.Water Moccassin

6.Moray

7.Mamba

8.Sea Ray

9.Hurricane

10.Hammerhead

I always liked vehicles that were capable of carrying or interacting with a lot of figures. I also liked ones that were used in the show often or were somewhat like real military vehicles.

GI Joe

1. Killer Whale

2. Mobat

3. Tomahawk

4. Skystriker

5. Vamp/Vamp 2

6. Desert Fox

7. Rolling Thunder

8. Warthog

9. Crusader Space Shuttle

10. Raider

Cobra

1. Night Raven

2. Hiss 2

3. Moray

4. Thundermachine

5. Night Landing

6. Hammerhead

7. BUGG

8. Firebat

9. Rattler

10. Stinger

Night Attack 'Copter

R.H.I.N.O.

Jungle Strike Humvee

Night Ops Humvee.

Silver Mirage cycle

Conquest jet

Tiger Cat

Ice Dagger

HISS v.5

Mantis Attack sub

Moray

Fang v.2

DEMON

AGP

IMP

Wolf

geez... this is a terribly difficult question... there were so many great vehicles over the years... now when I think about it, I am simply amazed at what Hasbro was able to do with the RAH vehicles in the 80's... nothing like that will ever be achieved again

for my favorites, I always liked vehicles that had alot of things going on with them.. I always prefered vehicles that had multiple seats and multiple battle stations. I liked vehicles that could hold several figures.. I liked vehicles that had something for figures to do on them.. I liked vehicles that had places for figures to go INSIDE of, and not just ride ON... I liked vehicles that had doors, computers, gunner stations, multiple weapons, compartments, etc etc.

my attempt to narrow down the list to a top 10:

JOES:

1. Killer Whale - just the coolest vehicle the Joes ever had. It was big and had plenty going on. I really wish they would have re-issued it at some point.

2. Desert Fox - okay, this is my true favorite Joe vehicle and what I feel is the most under-appreciated vehicle in the entire line. It just kicks all kinds of ass.. I loved that it had spots for 4 figures (without counting footpegs, which I always thought was cheating when the box would say how many figures it would hold). I wished that they would have reissued it with different colored missiles (the originals were bright orange).

3. Warthog - Man, was 88 the best year for vehicles or what? Just like the Desert Fox, I loved how it had spots for figures to go. It had 3 stations for guys up front and it had those coolass doors that popped up to reveal troop carrying seats inside. If it had more weapons than those 2 giant missiles, it would be tops.. but it always bugged me how after those missiles were fired away, it didn't really have any additional firepower.

4. Snowcat - just a classic design. It is really a beautiful vehicle.

5. Tomahawk - who doesn't love a bigass chopper that also holds plenty of troopers?

6. AWE Striker - another great classic design. It would have been improved though if it had a place for 2 guys to stand or sit on the rear of the rollcage and man the gun, instead of just an engine cover.

7. retaliator - the second best Joe helicopter, and one that is sorely overlooked.

8. The General - okay, this may be cheating because it is so huge and has so much going on. I could have easily put the Rolling Thunder or Mobile Command Center on my list too, but I didn't want to just have the giants. I chose the General because of its many battle stations and the helipad on top. I loved landing my choppers on it, and it even came with a Locust!!

9. The Persuader - just a personal favorite from my childhood. I thought it had a really good design and should have been a staple for the Joe team. In my eyes, it was like the Joe version of the Hiss, except it was faster and had missiles in addition to the big cannons.

10. The Equalizer - This THE BEST tank the Joe team ever had, and one that you never hear about.

honorable mention:

polar battle bear, skyhawk, vamp II, silver mirage, devilfish, mean dog, rolling thunder, locust, mobile battle bunker, mudfighter

COBRA:

1. The Moray Hydrofoil - My goodness, this thing is just beautiful in every way. It's a giant boat that looks fast as hell, has plenty of weapons, holds plenty of figures, etc. It might be the best vehicle ever made for any line.

2. HISS II - the best staple vehicle Cobra ever had. I don't get why Hasbro has always pushed the original Hiss when the 2nd was soo much better. They should have reissued this bad boy sometime during the 25th/modern era, in black! Holds 2 guys in the front, has bigger cannons, added missiles, and that amazing rear compartment for troops! I was soo happy that the GiJoe Club chose to reissue this as their souvenir for the 2003 convention, the only one I ever attended.

3. The WOLF - man, I felt sorry for the Snowcat when this thing came out! It was just so cool looking. The dual cockpits were genius.

4. Stinger - sure, it was just like the Joe Vamps, but for some reason it was just way better. The darker colors, the doors and roof, the big missile rack, and the badass driver... it was a staple in my joeverse for the Cobras.

5. Water Moccasin - man... I guess I really like boats and water vehicles. The Water Moccasin was always a really neat vehicle to me. It was like the Devilfish on steroids! Has places for two guys to sit, cool color, nifty little missile/skiff thingy, and some compartments on the side. I loved it.

6. The Hurricane - easily the best Cobra air vehicle ever. It was really overlooked in my opinion. I overlooked it myself because it kinda came out as Joe was on the way downhill... The cockpit holds 2 just like a real jet should, it has a great VTOL system, plenty of missiles, etc. It's great!

7. The Hammerhead - this thing was crazy! Its like a giant tank vehicle that can go underwater and has FIVE little subs and jetski thingies that launch from it! And it also has a really cool compartment to hold some figures for transport. It would have been even better if not for the tad bit of neon green on it.

8. BUGG - oh snap GiJoe, Cobra is KILLIN you in the water! This thing is simply amazing in its design. Unfortunately, there are a few things working against it that keep it from being super popular. First, the colors are absolutely atrocious! The neons on this baby kept it from being in my top 3 favorits of all-time. Also, it is a lot like the Hammerhead and is slightly redundant.. Maybe Hasbro should have made it for the Joes and had it be their answer for the Hammerhead... I would have prefered it over the Hammerhead if it had better colors.

9. Ferret - what kid didn't love ATVs.. or as we call them, four-wheelers.. I still love it today. Its a classic in every way. It has great colors, cool details, rubber tires!, etc. It was always one of the first vehicles I would take out to play.. I always made sure to tuck away some knives or pistols under the seat cover.. and I also had the TigerPaw...

10. razorback - I am sure some people are thinking, what is this one again?? Yeah, nobody ever remembers it. It was a crazy-ass Iron Grenadier vehicle. It looked like a huge moon-rover or something. If it had better colors it would have probably been more popular.. I don't know, I just always thought it was pretty cool.

honorable mention:

stun, night raven (I think it's one of the top vehicles they ever made, but I didn't have it when I was a kid so I have no real attachment to it), mamba, dreadnok tricycle, rage, thunder machine

Let's see:

G.I. Joe

1. Rolling Thunder

2. Tomahawk

3. General

4. Skystriker

5. RHINO

6. ROCC

7. Sky Hawk

8. Warthog

9. Mauler MBT

10. Mean Dog

Cobra

1. HISS

2. Rattler

3. Hammerhead

4. Stinger

5. Water Moccasin

6. Night Raven

7. Thunder Machine

8. Firebat

9. Razorback

10. Buzz Boar

Joe -

1. R.H.I.N.O.

2. N.A.C.

3. Patriot Grizzly

4. Ninja Lightning cycle

5. Sky Sweeper

6. Night ops Humvee

7. Defence Mech

8. MCC

9. AWE Striker

10. Skystriker

Cobra

1. Roboskull

2. Night Raven (original)

3. Crimson Hydra

4. Night Adder

5. Steel Crusher

6. HISS V5

7. Chameleon

8. Pulverizer

9. Ringneck

10. Hydrofoil

here are mine some i wish they would get a update to fit the new joes.

Joes:

1. KILLER W.H.A.L.E.

2. TOMAHAWK

3. H.A.V.O.C.

4. SKYSTIKER

5. JUNGLE STRIKE HUMVEE

6. MAULER M.B.T.

7. WOLVERINE

8. VAMP

9. DRAGONFLY

10.MEAN DOG

Cobra: