Arkham Asylum Figures

Jangonate

Anyone pick up the Batman: Arkham Asylum figs? I think they are amazing and it doesn't hurt that my comic shop gave them all to me for roughly the price of a DCUC figure each. They're great about discounting items if you order the whole set.

I'm an articulation junkie, but seeing these figs standing together on my shelf is something I've wanted since seeing the designs for the game.

I was going to post this topic! I got Harley and the Joker, they are both AMAZING! Joker figure is my favorite of all time. The sculpt and paint apps are killer. All Batman fans need to buy these.

(Side note: Luckily I got these yesterday before I looked outside today and saw how far I will be bending over next time I go to fill up my car. Otherwise I would probably would have had to pass out of necessity. Even on figures as awesome as these. That's how bad it's going to get :( At least my last two action figures were kick @$$ ones!)

Also, I'd act fas if you're planning to pick these up. Tried calling comic shops in my area to find some for a friend, Joker and HArley are selling out fast!

I was all set to buy these figures intil I heard we were getting Arkham figures in that new Legacy line. Still might pick up harley just because I doubt mattel would make her in that costume. Still the figures looked really good in person and I was glad to see that the Batman figure wasn't as shiney as the photos we've seen had him.

Damn. Everytime I think about getting frustrated by the difficulties of collecting figures here in the US, I'm reminded its like 100x worse for collectors in other countries.

Kudos to all you guys for hanging in there for your hobby. I wouldn't have the fortitude.

Damn. Everytime I think about getting frustrated by the difficulties of collecting figures here in the US, I'm reminded its like 100x worse for collectors in other countries.

Kudos to all you guys for hanging in there for your hobby. I wouldn't have the fortitude.

The trick is to be more patient and make more geek friends that lives oversea. Most of the time you can find a good deal with popular figures if you are patient enough. When Mattel first release DC Superheroes, Bane has a chase accessory teddy bear. It was really hard to find in Canada. I end up finding a MOC Bane w/ Teddy bear on Ebay and won at 99cents ....... Same case with the TMNT 2k3 Usagi.

I'll be getting a full set of Arkham Asylum. I'm still looking for a good deal. Probably have to see if I can ask any favors from friends in Hong Kong.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to get Harley but she was sold out at all the comic shops in my area (even the ones that arent )

i just about gave on finding her at retail but found one at a FYE of all places

post-12888-0-92197500-1299823589_thumb.jpg

post-12888-0-03269500-1299823610_thumb.jpg

post-12888-0-50740900-1299823630_thumb.jpg

post-12888-0-75905300-1299823658_thumb.jpg

I'll probably be only intersted in Harley, cause this is probably the only time we'll ever see her in this costume done in plastic. The others are either because don't feel I need them(Joker at least since I recently got the DCUC verison as my default 6" Joker), or I may wait and see what Mattel does in their Batman Legency line.

• 1 month later...